Bandai 1/1800 SDF-1

Tochiro

Hope it's a model that requires assembly because the pricing could be in the range of their PG gundam kits (wishful thinking). That should keep the cost down considerably. Arcadia's unassembled SDF-1 was nearly $100 dollars less than the prebuilt one. I had just bought a house around that time so I had to skip a lot of Macross releases back then.

Edited by Golden Arms

Since it's a model that requires assembly hopefully the pricing will be in the range of their PG gundam kits (wishful thinking). That should keep the cost down considerably. Arcadia's unassembled SDF-1 was nearly $100 dollars less than the prebuilt one. I had just bought a house around that time so I had to skip a lot of Macross releases back then.

It wasn't said it was a model kit though, right?

I'm hoping it is.

It said Kit in one of the posted pictures. It also is molded in differing colors than the finished version shown at the event. I've been screaming for Arcadia to release kit's of the unassembled vf-1 toys and if this retails for under $300 consider me on board.

Edited by Golden Arms

The perfect Grade Gundam boxes are massive, but aren't terribly costly to ship to the US. I just bought the PG-Red Astray shipped for right around $200. Ditto for the PG Unicorn. It's shipping was around $50 if I recall correctly.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The perfect Grade Gundam boxes are massive, but aren't terribly costly to ship to the US. I just bought the PG-Red Astray shipped for right around $200. Ditto for the PG Unicorn. It's shipping was around $50 if I recall correctly.

i'm just kidding... if you want to know how much it was to ship a yamato 1/2000 sdf-1, it was 8900yen EMS so it shouldn't be that much different from a 1/1800 maybe 10000yen at most. depending on the wieght.

Are there other pictures of the 1/1800 SDF-1 that were posted somewhere? I thought the picture that jvmacross posted was of the Yamato 1/2000 SDF-1 kit?

Anyway, I'm hoping this is more of a toy that transforms or a statue like the Soul of Chogokin Space BattleShip Yamato with interesting gimmicks and cool details.

It said Kit in one of the posted pictures. It also is molded in differing colors than the finished version shown at the event. I've been screaming for Arcadia to release kit's of the unassembled vf-1 toys and if this retails for under $300 consider me on board.

Are you referring to the pic in this thread of the Yamato kit poking fun that it's going down the toilet or a pic posted from the Tamashii Nations display? Just checking Edited by sharky

I was curious to see how much bigger the 1/1800 SDF-1 would be compared to the 1/3000 version.

The page says 26" tall so, I stacked up some boxes 26" high and here it is.

89EA39D9-37E7-48E1-B63B-C0C8E4ACCD19_zps

At that size prob 1/100 valks would just be able to land on the carrier deck and not look too big...?

I was curious to see how much bigger the 1/1800 SDF-1 would be compared to the 1/3000 version.

The page says 26" tall so, I stacked up some boxes 26" high and here it is.

<snip>

Okay. The photo evidence proves it. Ultra Magnus is a big boy. :p:lol:

Seriously, though I feel better about the size of this SDF-1. Thanks for stacking the boxes and doing the comparison, Saburo.

12189849_10153355312553893_5043791900245

I'm just thinking... would it be safe to say that this might be made of 'Vinyl/PVC' instead of regular plastic used for toys and kits? And this is just basing it on the photo. It has that different kind of plastic feel from the looks of it. What do you guys think? If ever, that helps the price a little bit lower, correct?

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm just thinking... would it be safe to say that this might be made of 'Vinyl/PVC' instead of regular plastic used for toys and kits? And this is just basing it on the photo. It has that different kind of plastic feel from the looks of it. What do you guys think? If ever, that helps the price a little bit lower, correct?

hey noel, how's it going?

I wouldnt read too much into the materialbased on the photos as thats the prototype prob put togther with puddy (EXO told me it's 3d printed)if this gets a go ahead it'll most likely be different material than whats displayed

hey noel, how's it going?

I wouldnt read too much into the materialbased on the photos as thats the prototype prob put togther with puddy (EXO told me it's 3d printed)if this gets a go ahead it'll most likely be different material than whats displayed

Hey Mr.David! Good to see you back during the announcements. ;)

Regarding the SDF, yeah, I guess you guys are right. Probably it's just a prototype. But I was just thinking that would help if it's made of PVC/Vinyl to lower the cost down and to lower the retail price somehow, right? I mean, at that size, a full blown model kit type of plastic will be somehow heavy esp on the main gun turrets? But a hollow PVC/Vinyl but still transformable is somehow 'practical' in every way? You know, like those 3-4ft Batman/Superman/Darth Vader/Storm Trooper figures? What do you think?

Considering size and maybe, not transformable, this can be done in vinyl and look that good.

Price would be considerably lower too, maybe $250.

Probably true. And besides, it didn't mentioned on the Info Card that it's a transformable SDF-1.

So I'm going to guess Arcadia kept the 1/3000 scale license for the DYRL SDF-1......they may have also hung onto the 1/2000 scale license or Bandai just went a bit larger to avoid any issues in case Arcadia did indeed keep the 1/2000 license (maybe for Wonderfest releases)....

But if Arcadia decides to go ahead and re-release the 1/3000 DYRL SDF-1....will it really sell as good as before Bandai announced their behemoth?

Arcadia really needs to come out with their 1/3000 TV SDF-1 NOW!!...I hope they would have gotten the license.....and release it before Bandai announces the 1/1800 TV SDF-1....

Arcadia is really between a rock and a hard place on the SDF-1 at this point, in either version.....they have totally been outplayed by Bandai.....

Edited by jvmacross

So I'm going to guess Arcadia kept the 1/3000 scale license for the DYRL SDF-1......they may have also hung onto the 1/2000 scale license or Bandai just went a bit larger to avoid any issues in case Arcaid did indeed keep the 1/2000 license (maybe for Wonderfest releases)....

But if Yamato decides to go ahead and re-release the 1/3000 DYRL SDF-1....will it really sell as good as before Bandai announced their behemoth?

Yamato really needs to come out with their 1/3000 TV SDF-1 NOW!!...I hope they would have gotten the license.....and release it before Bandai announces the 1/1800 TV SDF-1....

Yamato is really between a rock and a hard place on the SDF-1 at this point, in either version.....they have totally been outplayed by Bandai.....

They should re-open 'Yamato' first, jvmacross. ;)