Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Are the images at HLJ accurate to the final product or are they shots of a prototype or early production model? This is my first Bandai 1/60 DX and I'm hoping it is complete with sword and green pods, but have seen no photos to that effect.

Bandai's own "final" shots are often of a hand-painted proto, with a few small added details that don't make it to final production. Until someone has it in hand, there is no way to be certain EXACTLY how it'll look.

...True. Like erasing some 'exposed' tabs only to find out it's there on the real thing. Or having a different canopy color on the promo shots only to have a different color on the actual figure. Or showing a straight head lasers only to get a bended ones. So we can say that what we see on the promo pictures are somehow 90% accurate. ^_^

This was the one that I was really hoping to get in on, and I really missed the preorder, by a lot. In any case, if one really wants it, it will be available. Just start packing those sack lunches now. For me, Cup-O-Noodles and egg salad sandwiches from Marukai. As for the supposed final shots, I'm really not too bothered by them. I think they've gone through the trouble of how badly a hastily released Valkyrie can be for them (ver. 1 of the VF-25). Being that these were designed before the show even started to air, that's a pretty hefty amount of time for R&D on a product that was that far along already. Of course, it is a new design, but for the 262, it does look like a beefier, solid design, so I hope that contributes to what looks like a solid toy. I usually don't get into the wishing well here, but either way, I'm on board.

Pay attention to the lack of a seam in the tail fin as well. Regardless of how well you're matching those two halves, there's always going to be a visible seam. The pics unfortunately have been doctored to remove that. (At least as far as I can tell.)

True. But for the toy itself, besides the actual tail fin that opens and closes, I rather prefer them to put extra tail fins. One for Valkyrie mode. And an open one for Gerwalk and Battroid mode. You know, like what they did on their Unicorn Gundam releases. Just to keep the actual aesthetics of it.

True. But for the toy itself, besides the actual tail fin that opens and closes, I rather prefer them to put extra tail fins. One for Valkyrie mode. And an open one for Gerwalk and Battroid mode. You know, like what they did on their Unicorn Gundam releases. Just to keep the actual aesthetics of it.

That would be perfect if they did what they did for the unicorn. A PT fin for those that don't like to part swap and a solid open and closed version for those of us that don't mind to swap parts would be a best of both worlds solution.

That would be perfect if they did what they did for the unicorn. A PT fin for those that don't like to part swap and a solid open and closed version for those of us that don't mind to swap parts would be a best of both worlds solution.

It's too logical. Bandai wouldn't of thought of that :p

Edited by Shukenzero

All this consternation over that vertical stab/ shield; I prefer a perfect transformation ( no part swapping, thanks), but I have to wonder why they went with the offset hinge design that precludes the ability to paint them to match the rest of the shield. With all the talent and experience Bandai has at its disposal, it just seems like a 'good enough' solution.

However, at this stage, I'm not gonna cry over something this trivial when I don't have a preorder, and no idea about future availability. I hope Keith's 262 doesn't become another VF-25S ( the Universe smiled on me when I managed to get my copy, but for a long time, the scarcity of that thing had me doubting I'd ever get one).

The sad thing is that the Bandai Gundam team did think of that, and have done it many times. But I'm sure you are right that the Bandai Macross team doesn't like us enough to do something like that. :(

It's a shot in the dark. The way they have done things up until now has been shaky even when it comes to other lines. The metal build seven sword comes to mind. Everyone and their grandma wants one but they refuse to release a second run. In the end it looks like it's a crapshoot and depends on whether they want to do it.

The GFF Unicorn Awakening version should have come with 3 shields, but no they released a special in anime colouring with the glow effect from the end of the OVA and the three shields. Right now it's sitting on shelves. Doesn't look fab if you don't want the glow, but a must if you want to recreate the tri-shield moment.

Of course I understand it's a money thing but some of these are silly decisions. Having said that, it's been getting really good to be a Macross fan since their renewals, so I'm not whining in that regard.

Then again this is the company that gave us exploding VF-171s... :p

Edited by Shukenzero

Well you never know , they did gave us 2 head covers for the vf-19advance

Honestly, that entire system was one of the most boneheaded design choices on the entire thing. "We're going to include a mount that holds onto the neck shield in fighter mode.. but oh.. you still have to use a spare one for gerwalk, which has no place to store. Oops." <_<

It's a shot in the dark. The way they have done things up until now has been shaky even when it comes to other lines. The metal build seven sword comes to mind. Everyone and their grandma wants one but they refuse to release a second run. In the end it looks like it's a crapshoot and depends on whether they want to do it.

The GFF Unicorn Awakening version should have come with 3 shields, but no they released a special in anime colouring with the glow effect from the end of the OVA and the three shields. Right now it's sitting on shelves. Doesn't look fab if you don't want the glow, but a must if you want to recreate the tri-shield moment.

Of course I understand it's a money thing but some of these are silly decisions. Having said that, it's been getting really good to be a Macross fan since their renewals, so I'm not whining in that regard.

Then again this is the company that gave us exploding VF-171s... :p

Yeah, the GFF unicorn awakening really should have come with the 3 shields. I ended up buying my last Unicorn because it was on sale, but finally the GFF comes with a display stand. Seems like they made a stand so you can display the 3 shields.

Agree Noel. Can't wait until March.

Is this the first time we've seen the DX with the arm railguns extended? Does any of that text say whether the guns fold out properly or if they require parts swapping like the model kit? I would hope they fold out properly, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of room in the forearm. Maybe they just flip upward on a hinge instead of extending outward?

I hope the gold is a metallic colour and not just plain yellow - some of those photos look yellow instead of metallic gold.

Would be nice too if the gold paint they use matches the gold stripes/lining of DX YF-29 Perceval.

20085842208_fdc33fb937_b.jpgYF-29B - Perceval - Rod Custom Ver. by Saburo, on Flickr

Edited by no3Ljm

Still no information on the sword? Is it stored inside the add-on parts? :)

Still nothing, it'll probably be included with the Lil Drakens and fast packs when that set pops up. I don't remember 100% but I think the sword came out of the golden piece on the front of the lower leg

Edited by dizman

Is this the first time we've seen the DX with the arm railguns extended? Does any of that text say whether the guns fold out properly or if they require parts swapping like the model kit? I would hope they fold out properly, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of room in the forearm. Maybe they just flip upward on a hinge instead of extending outward?

From what I can tell, they flip upward on a hinge running along the center of the forearm