Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Is it just me or does the fighter mode look a bit chunky compared to the anime version?

It does look a bit on the chunky side. The 1/72 model kit is slimmer. Bandai must have gone for a chunkier design for structural rigidity.

The DX fighter is generally chunkier, it could be such since it cant swap hands or landing gear to save space, like the kits.

Certain angles though she does look slim, so keep looking at the promo photo to remind yourself how slim she is...sounds like real life doesnt it? hehe...

post-15116-0-39919900-1475152409_thumb.jpg

This is gonna be more difficult than Hayate's VF-31.

Isn't this toy more expensive? And, given that a lot of people were disappointed by the series (and alarming lack of mecha action) wouldn't there be fewer folks coughing up cash this time around? Or will it be more popular as it's an enemy mecha?

Isn't this toy more expensive? And, given that a lot of people were disappointed by the series (and alarming lack of mecha action) wouldn't there be fewer folks coughing up cash this time around? Or will it be more popular as it's an enemy mecha?

scalpers in general dont care. They will create artificial shortage so that they can sell it at mark-up (selling the PO slot in Yahoo Japan Auction)

The SV-262 is probably the best thing to come out of Delta so I'll probably be here with you guys waiting on the pre-orders (if I remember to stay up :p ).

So who are the usual suspects? HLJ, CDJapan, AmiAmi and Nippon Yasan? Any other big stores I missed that we should keep eyes on?

Edited by dizman

I will up my prediction to 2 mins per store. Mainly because I'm hoping for it to be less infuriating.

Ha! That's still long. I will say 10sec. And that's the right amount of time when you refresh the page and see the 'Sold Out' on the Order Button. :rolleyes:

The SV-262 is probably the best thing to come out of Delta so I'll probably be here with you guys waiting on the pre-orders (if I remember to stay up :p ).

So who are the usual suspects? HLJ, CDJapan, AmiAmi and Nippon Yasan? Any other big stores I missed that we should keep eyes on?

Yeah, those are the main ones. But you're missing HobbySearch. ;) And there's also Loopaza. Just in case you can't get hold of the Draken from the main stores. But you have to pay upfront. Product cost $218.99. Total shipped to California is $268.09. Just a heads up. :rolleyes:

But to be honest, you wouldn't see the difference if ever you ordered it from Nippon-Yasan after the markup. Atleast, there's a backup option. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

That assumes NY gets a hold of extra stock for later though. Their old cycle of restock and markup hasn't happened for a few releases now, and didn't help anyone get the VF-31, so I wouldn't count on them getting any extra until release date, if at all.

That is so true. Unless you want to wait for the release date first and hoping that NY will still carry it.

Bandai marketing has been riding on the delta hype! ;)

Moving forward, since delta has ended and so will the hype, maybe the PO madness will reduce to back to the normal 5 mins instead? :lol:

It's like the 5 stages of Kubler-Ross when it comes to preorders:

Hope: It's going to be available for five minutes

Fear: It will be gone 2 seconds after the preorder opens

Terror: I have one in my cart and I'm trying to perform check out and the site isn't loading

Anger: Someone who missed the preorder window randomly snags one the next day while casually browsing

Acceptance: Maybe I can get one when they are finally released next year