Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Love it. I like both head designs, but the nosecone face has an otherworldly look that I like. On the production model, I hope they put a highly reflective material behind transparent red eye pieces to give them a proper glow effect. It's a sharp look in the anime that will look equally cool on the toy.

Thanks to Tochiro for tweeting that pic, and to seti88 for posting the link.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Golden connector at the back must be where the gun conects to. Doesnt look like shoulder mounted BFG's is avalable for Battroid..

The connector looks movable up and down, but unless it can swing upwards it doesnt look like it can reach the shoulders.

Still...

post-15116-0-68782400-1461994000.gif

Edited by seti88

ermm where are the landing gear panels!?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The draken has no Knees to have them come out of!!

If those golden panels on the shins are indeed landing bay doors...it must be the most decorated doors in aircraft history. As if there are golden wheels under the mansion doors.

must.not.look.at.hinges.on.shield.

Edited by seti88

ermm where are the landing gear panels!?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The draken has no Knees to have them come out of!!

If those golden panels on the shins are indeed landing bay doors...it must be the most decorated doors in aircraft history. As if there are golden wheels under the mansion doors.

must.not.look.at.hinges.on.shield.

The legs twist sideways in fighter mode, as seen in the episode 4 transformation (I frame by framed it for research purposes, cause the engineer in me requires it). As such the gear is likely behind a panel on the inner legs, not the front.

EDIT: I think I found them, looks like doors right above the ankle on the inner front of the shin:

post-7318-0-57977000-1461996080.png

Edited by Master Dex

I dunno.

I'm not impressed at all.

Looks eerily like a weird updated but horn-less 1/65 DX VF-17. :mellow::huh:

And I actually like them old 1/65 tanks, in contrast... :touche:

edit:

Also, saw the better hi-res pics in the MW fbook page and...dafuq going on with the right knee??? :blink:

It's really bugging me now.

Cannot unsee!

:5:

Edited by treatment

While the Lil Drakens have standardised colours, the missile pods are personal colour specific so I am not sure if they will release character specific super packs like in Frontier.

Seems like all add-on packs had been colour specific.

Selling six different add-on packs (in addition to all the possible VF-31 or VF-171 packs) sounds like a good way to saturate the market and loose consumer interest. Hopefully, the character specific parts comes with the Valks themselves and the Lil Drakens are sold seperately.

Or pure black with dark red trim. Yum.

Not sure what you see wrong with the knees, Treatment. They're quite beefy, but otherwise look fine to me.

I'm curious about the metallic looking apparatus on its back...gun attachment arm for fighter, or a locking mechanism? Wish they'd integrated that a little better; on an otherwise svelte valk, it's a sore thumb.

edit:

There was something familiar about that head that I couldn't place. Looking at it again just now, it occurred to me- the commando droid from Star Wars.https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrTcXV.xCRXWhkA2FounIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTIzdnF0amltBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM3YTFhNTYyNTNmMWNmODA4Yzk1ZTMxMWQ5MDJkMzZkOARncG9zAzE2BGl0A2Jpbmc-?.origin=&back=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fyhs%2Fsearch%3Fp%3Dcommando%2Bdroid%26n%3D60%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyhs-mozilla-004%26fr2%3Dsb-top-images.search.yahoo.com%26hsimp%3Dyhs-004%26hspart%3Dmozilla%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D16&w=405&h=314&imgurl=img1.wikia.nocookie.net%2F__cb20120117230325%2Ftheclonewiki%2Fimages%2F8%2F8e%2F4.14_Commando_Droids.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fclonewars.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FBX-Series_Droid_Commando&size=15.1KB&name=The+%3Cb%3ECommando%3C%2Fb%3E+%3Cb%3EDroids%3C%2Fb%3E+notice+Ahsoka+and+Lux+escaping.&p=commando+droid&oid=7a1a56253f1cf808c95e311d902d36d8&fr2=sb-top-images.search.yahoo.com&fr=yhs-mozilla-004&tt=The+%3Cb%3ECommando%3C%2Fb%3E+%3Cb%3EDroids%3C%2Fb%3E+notice+Ahsoka+and+Lux+escaping.&b=0∋=160&no=16&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11o6jmcrr&sigb=15etkd2ns&sigi=12stm57vu&sigt=1214riosd&sign=1214riosd&.crumb=N0Fvdm/tGah&fr=yhs-mozilla-004&fr2=sb-top-images.search.yahoo.com&hsimp=yhs-004&hspart=mozilla

Edited by M'Kyuun

The legs twist sideways in fighter mode, as seen in the episode 4 transformation (I frame by framed it for research purposes, cause the engineer in me requires it). As such the gear is likely behind a panel on the inner legs, not the front.

EDIT: I think I found them, looks like doors right above the ankle on the inner front of the shin:

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Hmm all i see are panel lines and what seems to be a small hinge? This really might be the valk that doesnt have any, even in ep 2 we see them 'parked' in gerwalk.

Nice call though on the rotating legs, forgot they did that.

Those shoulder joints are looking real menacing w the machined parts looking like muscles too!

Edited by seti88

I hope there's at least one repaint of the commander-type. Actual pure black with gold would be nice.

I'm imagining Escaflowne colors. Off-white and gray with some strategically positioned expanses of red. And the sensors all in green or pink gem colors.

I don't have a good in-story reason, but it wouldn't look out of place on a variable fighter. Would probably work better as a tribute on the SV-262Ba, though, given the head shape.

for some reason I really like the pointy head :blink:

The leg looks pretty beef up too, but it seems like they are designed with the armor in mine , looks kinda missing the sides right now.

can't wait to preorder this thing. :)