Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

46 minutes ago, borgified said:

You think that Bandai will make the transformation for the other 262 variants easier for us? I don't think so and they'll make it harder for us and; therefore make us toss it against the wall in frustration. :lol:

then release a better toy so that we can buy again :lol:

9 hours ago, borgified said:

You think that Bandai will make the transformation for the other 262 variants easier for us? I don't think so and they'll make it harder for us and; therefore make us toss it against the wall in frustration. :lol:

All they have to do is build it with the same transformation as the 1/72 model, and it'll be a breeze to transform.  The multi-segment hinges in the wing mounts on the existing DX are just a structural failure begging to happen.

Just looking on FromJapan on the prices for the SV-262 Ha to see the listings for it. Seen one listing for 33k yen or 35k yen buy it now (new and sealed in box).. Are you that fracking nuts?? :blink:

That's the price of the 31a! If the 262 Ha is sitting in bargain bins at a lower price do to the fact that no one wants to pick it up, then this definitely price gauging (not to mention that the 171EX Maruyama is asking 70k yen). :angry:

Edited by borgified
price correction

26 minutes ago, borgified said:

Just looking on FromJapan on the prices for the SV-262 Ha to see the listings for it. Seen one listing for 33k yen or 35k yen buy it now (new and sealed in box).. Are you that fracking nuts?? :blink:

That's the price of the 31a! If the 262 Ha is sitting in bargain bins at a lower price do to the fact that no one wants to pick it up, then this definitely price gauging (not to mention that the 171EX Maruyama is asking 70k yen). :angry:

are you talking about the sv-262Hs?  

If you are searching with Fromjapan then you are searching yahoo auction ,rakuten, amazon etc.  You should treat the list and buy it now price the same as EBAY.  Just because you list a price doesn't mean someone will buy it, or if it's even the going market rate.  There's many that's listed cheaper or are you just looking at the HIGHEST price here.

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/item/search/dx+SV-262/Al_11_Yh_YhRaAmOm_N_N_0A00ja00_N/lgk-link_search

17 minutes ago, borgified said:

I was looking at the highest price for it @F360 on FromJapan.

@Sanity is Optional: The highest list for the VF-171EX Maruyama was at 33k yen on Manda.

I meant to use Mandarake, because the price he listed was totally gouging.

Mandarake is awesome.

I still want a Maruyama, but not about to spend ¥28,000 on the only one they have in stock (opened, too), at least not for a few months to recover from 31a, Premium SDF, and various other things.

I really hope they come out with more 262s, even if they don't make a ver 1.5 (though that'd be great given how much better the transformation on the 1/72 model is).

Edited by Sanity is Optional

12 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I still want a Maruyama, but not about to spend ¥28,000 on the only one they have in stock (opened, too), at least not for a few months to recover from 31a, Premium SDF, and various other things.

I really hope they come out with more 262s, even if they don't make a ver 1.5 (though that'd be great given how much better the transformation on the 1/72 model is).

I just looked up the 1/72 transformation on youtube.  Holy crap is that better than the pants-on-head, retarded over engineering of the DX release.  The pivot point for the wings is still too far forward though.

I’m going to make a prediction that will almost certainly be wrong.  The only Ba general release will be the Mirage Custom.  Elvis Ha and the green/Elvis Ba’s will all be TWE.

On 4/13/2018 at 12:56 PM, Chronocidal said:

All they have to do is build it with the same transformation as the 1/72 model, and it'll be a breeze to transform.  The multi-segment hinges in the wing mounts on the existing DX are just a structural failure begging to happen.

Could that transformation mechanism be upscaled to 1/60, 3D printed, and retrofitted to the DX models do you think?

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I’m going to make a prediction that will almost certainly be wrong.  The only Ba general release will be the Mirage Custom.  Elvis Ha and the green/Elvis Ba’s will all be TWE.

I can actually see that in my mind, however the Ba will be the general release as (per the CF 171), while the Elvis and the Mirage will be the TWE. If the Elvis and the Mirage was the TWE, it better not be like the 31a mess in where it caused a headache for many that where actually waiting for it to be released after the pre-orders where up six months ago..

I can be wrong in that too. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Sildani said:

Could that transformation mechanism be upscaled to 1/60, 3D printed, and retrofitted to the DX models do you think?

If one person has a busted up 262Ha and be willing to be a Guinea Pig for the project, I can see it as feasible; however does anyone want to give up their copy of the Draken? I think not.. :mellow:   

21 hours ago, kajnrig said:

By the by, the "ace" Draken III is the SV-262Hs, the cannon fodder is the SV-262Ba. There is no Ha.

That’s my fault, “s” and “a” are next to each other on the keyboard and I can’t type for crap on a phone.

21 hours ago, borgified said:

I can actually see that in my mind, however the Ba will be the general release as (per the CF 171), while the Elvis and the Mirage will be the TWE. If the Elvis and the Mirage was the TWE, it better not be like the 31a mess in where it caused a headache for many that where actually waiting for it to be released after the pre-orders where up six months ago..  

This sounds feasible too.  This is Mirage should be a more simple TWE.  Most aten’t going to buy three+ like some of us crazies did with the 31A.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Most aten’t going to buy three+ like some of us crazies did with the 31A.

Unless you want or if anyone else wants to make a squadron of the 262 with either Keith's/Roid's Hs leading the pack with the Ba's not far behind (a la Delta platoon: Operation Ragnarok (?) or Rogue Squadron in ST: ANH during the Death Star run).

Note: It's been a while since I've seen Delta so I might have forgotten a fair bit of stuff.    

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

That’s my fault, “s” and “a” are next to each other on the keyboard and I can’t type for crap on a phone.

The amount of times I've tried to hit the spacebar and instead creatednanwordnlikenthis makes me almost swear off my phone entirely. Never had this issue when slide-out keyboards were still around...

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

Unless you want or if anyone else wants to make a squadron of the 262 with either Keith's/Roid's Hs leading the pack with the Ba's not far behind (a la Delta platoon: Operation Ragnarok (?) or Rogue Squadron in ST: ANH during the Death Star run).

Note: It's been a while since I've seen Delta so I might have forgotten a fair bit of stuff.    

Imagine if the show had regularly featured a squadron of 31A's, the scarcity of DXes of those things would shoot even more through the roof.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

What does that have to do with Mirage’s release?

• 1 month later...

I agree with Mommar and like it folded down and spread out more like this:

C7NVgC6VsAAhLVf.jpg

Versus the way they show it in the instructions like the one above (nice picture hardreturn!)  I need to free up some display space so I can get on it.

Edited by wmkjr

6 hours ago, wmkjr said:

I agree with Mommar and like it folded down and spread out more like this:

Wings up, wings down. It all looks good and I'm all for people displaying it however they want...

...but this crosses the line...
image.png.b65bff8464f89e6d363531369e23c576.png

;)

Looking at @Zx31's post above.. I don't think that either Bogue, Cassim, Herrmann, Roid, Keith and the twins wore helmets at all during the dogfight against the Sigfrieds. 

The only person without the flight suit and the helmet combo in the Sigfrieds is Hayate as the A.I. is his 31j set up.

Pretty sure all the Aerial Knights wear helmets, but due to the virtual cockpit in the 262 everything around them is displayed in such a way that it creates the illusion of not having any equipment or control surfaces. When Hayate gets a hit on Keith's cockpit, you see the system shut down for a brief moment as the "illusion" breaks.

image.png.d4a8ccdb51717269d38859c58174631f.png

image.png.1efc9dc60db000ff125e25c90ee4b82b.png

image.png.ae9abe8366f86bddb76405b92696cd6e.png

image.png.0b8175f40b8a1b8908bd49258a07508d.png

Oh, and the kid Hayate kills. (I'm sensing a pattern)
image.png.e906aa401784abc1db7dcfadc90ec441.png

image.png.7bdb30652fcc8806fe868b8104357e4d.png

image.png.0225bf82d0a017f7473a9e179110a0df.png

Edited by Zx31

My apologies in de-railing off the Draken to a degree.

Just the mention of this holographic cockpit technology also reminds me of the VF-27 in which Sterne and O'Conners valk has. Wasn't the holographic projection implemented in the 27 first and then carried over to the Draken by Kawamori in the series?

4 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

Technically I think it's all based on and refined from the YF-21

I thought the no-helmet-bit was an affect of being technologically enhanced [Brera could override/integrate his senses to make it seem, to him, like he wasn't wearing a helmet], and that the '27 also had a better holo-upgrade/enhancement-interface version of the 19's immersive cockpit screens [which is why Ranka could see out like Brera could... I may be misremembering, fine excuse for a Re-watch!!].

But....

That leads to the following obvious question: how then would the '262 pilot be jacked into such a system? no mention as I recall was made of them enhancing their pilots with tech...

so the next obvious question is: how does a holographic projector not only turn a helmet invisible, but remove it entirely, at least in the pilot's peripheral senses [hair waving about]?

4 minutes ago, slide said:

so the next obvious question is: how does a holographic projector not only turn a helmet invisible, but remove it entirely, at least in the pilot's peripheral senses [hair waving about]?

The real reason probably being that it gives them more character when the animators can draw their fancy hair and fold crystals. The "tech" reason is that it's probably some system that is tuned to their physiology and their runes that enhances (modifies) their senses while piloting which is why they talk about being able to feel the wind so often.

Just now, Zx31 said:

The real reason probably being that it gives them more character when the animators can draw their fancy hair and fold crystals. The "tech" reason is that it's probably some system that is tuned to their physiology and their runes that enhances (modifies) their senses while piloting which is why they talk about being able to feel the wind so often.

... that all made a depressing amount of sense...:D