Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Its a cool Valk for sure, I enjoy looking at it, and as long as you take it slow and transform it by the video instructions online, it's really not to hard. I find it much less irritating than the VF171's.  For a good discount price, I would say go ahead and pick one up. 

On 3/31/2018 at 4:57 PM, Knightdramon said:

So with me not willing to venture back to the VF27 and 25/9 releases [especially with those loose joints. damn pity as I love the 27] this is a contender for the next mecha to get.

Only macross figures I have atm are two Yamato VF19 [which I adore], the black VF31 and a mass production VF31 coming in. I might grab Arad's VF31 as a last VF31.

With these in mind, try to talk me into or out of this mecha. It's discounted frequently so I need good reasons for not indulging. For reference, I have handled or owned at one point pretty much all Yamato and Bandai valks and am one of the few people that genuinely enjoys MP Megatron V2.0's transformation. 

I bought one at a pretty steep discount last month and really enjoy it.  The transformation, particularly to Gerwalk, is rough, but as long as you go into it knowing it will be a challenge and approach it with the appropriate patience, it isn't too bad.  Going to battroid mode is much easier.

I wouldn't pay full price for one, but there are plenty of places that have it at 15,000 jpy or cheaper.  It is definitely worth that, just as a display piece, as the paint and tampo on this are great.

Be advised, even though the valk is heavily discounted, the optional lill draken kit that was a web exclusive is still going at or above retail price.  So if you want the "complete" thing, you'll have to shell out a little more.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Be advised, even though the valk is heavily discounted, the optional lill draken kit that was a web exclusive is still going at or above retail price.  So if you want the "complete" thing, you'll have to shell out a little more.

Yeah. It's basically paying what you have saved from the main Valk to the option parts. ^_^

19 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I fear that the 262 may not have sold as well as Bandai would have liked and we may never see the other variants in DX form. :(

Zoinks! That means no more Elvis Draken?! Nor Mikumo Deculture Ver in DX? :blink:

38 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Zoinks! That means no more Elvis Draken?! Nor Mikumo Deculture Ver in DX? :blink:

Doing the Shaggy quote (a la Scooby Doo animated show) I take it. :lol: 

I'll take a SV-262 Ha and the Lil'Drakens if it doesn't happen, however it's the search for the add ons that makes it harder to it make it more complete. -_-

On a side note: Isn't true that some enemy valks/mecha are not as big as the hero ones in Japan or not?    

10 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I fear that the 262 may not have sold as well as Bandai would have liked and we may never see the other variants in DX form. :(

The 27 wasn't a hot item either and they eventually got around to making a web exclusive CF version of that.

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

If Bandai only releases one other 262, I want it to be the Mikumo itasha version. 

No.  Make the ones we've actually seen in the show. 

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

What i want to know is when are we getting this starfighter lookalike?

After they complete the Delta Platoon, the Alpha Platoon, plus its Armored Packs, and the grey VF-22, and ofcourse, after they release the Elvis Draken.

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

They can't even get the Pope Drakens released so I'd guess never.

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

After they complete the Delta Platoon, the Alpha Platoon, plus its Armored Packs, and the grey VF-22, and ofcourse, after they release the Elvis Draken.

You'e missing the tan coloured NUNS VF-171 in the list.. 

12 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Macross Delta - 05 - Large 03.jpg

Got to check with Kawamori to see if it really transformable. Can't see it in any other form in the anime.

Edited by Firefox

10 hours ago, Firefox said:

Got to check with Kawamori to see if it really transformable. Can't see it in any other form in the anime.

Here ya go, there is a better color image of the Sv-154 battroid somewhere but I couldn't find it for some reason.

LV-7 Valorious Rapier Excalibur

Oops I found it!

post-5131-0-42792600-1476090830_thumb.jpg

Edited by dizman
Found the picture

20 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

If Escaflowne was a valk lol I'm digging the design. Even has Alseides style skirt armor and legs.

alseides.jpg

From what I can remember (I think that it was this thread), Escaflowne was co-written by Kawamori with Yumiko Tsukamoto and that's why you can see Kawamori's influence on the SV-154 and even on the SV-51 as well.

On a side note: Was the SV-154 Svard based on actual plane (if so, then what craft was the inspiration of the design)?   

Just now, borgified said:

On a side note: Was the SV-154 Svard based on actual plane (if so, then what craft was the inspiration of the design)?

the F-104 Starfighter

On a serious note, we all know that Arad's 31s is to be released in August/September and hopefully with Chuck's 31E not too far behind, I guess that Bandai will surprise us with the Elvis or the Ba variants soon? :unsure:

If not, then I be waiting for the Arcadia SV-51 (and in that way I can build up my funds).

Edited by borgified
grammer correction

1 hour ago, F360 said:

If they do it'll be TWE .  

Maybe it will, maybe it won’t.  If it were a chuck 262 it’d be a guaranteed TWE but Mirage has at least a bit of a following.

Is it too much to hope they’re holding off on other 262’s because they realize the Keith release was garbage and it needs to be fixed?

Edited by Mommar

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎10 at 4:37 PM, Mommar said:

Is it too much to hope they’re holding off on other 262’s because they realize the Keith release was garbage and it needs to be fixed?

You think that Bandai will make the transformation for the other 262 variants easier for us? I don't think so and they'll make it harder for us and; therefore make us toss it against the wall in frustration. :lol: