Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

29 minutes ago, ManhattanProject972 said:

Does bandai sell the Lil Draken stands separately cause one of mine suffered a pretty nasty accident involving a chihuahua and a labrador.

FYI, those are the exact same stand that came with Lucas's RVF-25 Super Parts (Renewal). Not sure if they are the same for the Non renewal Ghost which sells for like 800 yen.

I did accidentally buy two lil draken sets.  I was going to sell the other one eventually but I've almost forgotten about my second one until after the incident. It's still in its shipping  box and I don't know if I wanna crack it open. Just for a stand. 

Though with that thing from the delta movies maybe I should keep em for myself for when the release a version of Messer's 31F that can mount the Lil drakens.

Hmm...

CD Japan is selling outlet product DX Chogokin Macross Delta Sv-262Hs Draken III (Keith Aero Windermere Custom)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-252249

13,200 yen... down from 22,000 yen. Limit 1 per customer. They currently have 4 remaining.

Doesn't interest me, but I thought maybe someone here would find it interesting.

As much as I like the SV-262 design and the price is affordable, I'm going to call it off for the time being as I have to save up for a 1/48 valk , a 1/6 figure and the HMR VT-1.

Good luck to for the other members who needs a Drakken for there collection. :)

Got the last one. Thanks, Shizuka.

I actually had 2 Drakens before, but sold my extra a few months ago. Not sure why I ended up getting another extra again, but I guess it was a combination of the huge discount, and the possibility of getting a “perfect copy” (my 2 Drakens each had a very minor issue that my OC-ness couldn’t get past).

Maybe one other reason is so I could try CDJapan. Never ordered anything from them before.

13 hours ago, ManhattanProject972 said:

Does bandai sell the Lil Draken stands separately cause one of mine suffered a pretty nasty accident involving a chihuahua and a labrador.

Some KO stands that kind of based on the Tamashii Stage Act at AliExpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Queen-Stand-bracket-common-for-Bandai-1-100-1-144-MG-TV-HG-Gundam-Special-for/32785604337.html

IMG_5655.JPG.6c301ef5fede01d07c55be019ef7649b.JPG

IMG_5656.thumb.JPG.807d363e9ba75e2997c01db53e6f9bcb.JPG

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Got the last one. Thanks, Shizuka.

I actually had 2 Drakens before, but sold my extra a few months ago. Not sure why I ended up getting another extra again, but I guess it was a combination of the huge discount, and the possibility of getting a “perfect copy” (my 2 Drakens each had a very minor issue that my OC-ness couldn’t get past).

Maybe one other reason is so I could try CDJapan. Never ordered anything from them before.

Happy to be of service! I hope your new Draken does not have any issues that might trigger your high quality standards.

CD Japan seems ok... a long time staple. I got my Macross Frontier blu-rays from them. Become a member and get 300 yen in birthday points each year. As @F360pointed out, they also have coupon codes available from time to time. You can also become an affiliate, so that people who click on your banner ad link and buy stuff from them can earn you points too. Actually, you can purchase stuff for yourself via your own affiliate link and earn points that way... on top of the rewards points you normally get for making purchases.,

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Happy to be of service! I hope your new Draken does not have any issues that might trigger your high quality standards.

CD Japan seems ok... a long time staple. I got my Macross Frontier blu-rays from them. Become a member and get 300 yen in birthday points each year. As @F360pointed out, they also have coupon codes available from time to time. You can also become an affiliate, so that people who click on your banner ad link and buy stuff from them can earn you points too. Actually, you can purchase stuff for yourself via your own affiliate link and earn points that way... on top of the rewards points you normally get for making purchases.,

The affiliate program at CD Japan lets you earn 5% commission on people's purchases that use your affiliate link. CD Japan members also earn 3% rewards normally, so if you use your own affiliate link, you can make as much as 8% in combined points, not factoring in shipping costs.

Hopefully that means that if I buy like 13 valkyries from CD Japan, I can buy a 14th with my points. Ahhh... to dream.

22 minutes ago, jenius said:

Man, I would have grabbed a second at that price just to never have to transform it.

LOL!  I watched your video review about the toy after seeing the CD Japan outlet price. Sounded like a real pain to transform. Between that issue, mismatched-sized hands, and my less-than-thrilled feelings towards Delta, I decided not to buy the toy.

I died laughing when you said, "If you haven't seen Macross Delta yet... don't."  

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

22 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I died laughing when you said, "If you haven't seen Macross Delta yet... don't."  

I chuckled at that too. I remember thinking “was it that bad?” ...it was lol

18 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I chuckled too for people like us loving the Valks that came out from that said bad show. ^_^ 

Was the highly sought VF-31A came from that show, yes? :rolleyes:

Just now, spacemanoeuvres said:

I've suffered through worse anime/movies/etc... but not worse Macross...

love the Mecha though!

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

Ouch!

Qualifier: the English dub of Mac2 is the worst, it's just simply unbearable... the Sub of Mac2 I enjoyed more than Delta...

but in my personal rating scheme Delta gets a C- overall.

1 minute ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Ouch!

Yeah, I would rank it as the weakest Macross series I've seen to date. That isn't to say it wasn't any good. The high points reminded me a lot of Macross Frontier and AKB0048, which both came before it. The low points, which are all contained to the second half, could have been avoided with better planning and that's what's frustrating about the whole thing.

Oh well. As a counterpoint to all that, even with Delta being the weakest link, I would still watch it again. ^_^

Just now, technoblue said:

Yeah, I would rank it as the weakest Macross series I've seen to date. That isn't to say it wasn't any good. The high points reminded me a lot of Macross Frontier and AKB0048, which both came before it. The low points, which are all contained to the second half, could have been avoided with better planning and that's what's frustrating about the whole thing.

Oh well. As a counterpoint to all that, even with Delta being the weakest link, I would still watch it again. ^_^

I think that about nailed it.

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Delta is the worst Macross series. It's essentially the Star Trek: The Motionless Picture of Macross shows. Boring as hell and nothing interesting happens.

(Yes I consider TMP the worst Trek movie, even worse than The Final Frontier.)

Macross 7 was the worst macross series I've ever seen. My God :angry: So repetitive and drawn out uuuhhh. Think there was one good episode I enjoyed, that's it. The one where max flies into that cave to blow sh#t up. Mac 2 I hold in high regard as it was one of the first series of macross I watched. That and Mac plus created my interest in macross. Delta has faults sure, but it's nowhere near as bad as watching Mac 7. 

So with me not willing to venture back to the VF27 and 25/9 releases [especially with those loose joints. damn pity as I love the 27] this is a contender for the next mecha to get.

Only macross figures I have atm are two Yamato VF19 [which I adore], the black VF31 and a mass production VF31 coming in. I might grab Arad's VF31 as a last VF31.

With these in mind, try to talk me into or out of this mecha. It's discounted frequently so I need good reasons for not indulging. For reference, I have handled or owned at one point pretty much all Yamato and Bandai valks and am one of the few people that genuinely enjoys MP Megatron V2.0's transformation. 

The transformation is complex when you deal with it at first, but just taking it slow and using a transformation video along with the instructions to figure out just how you're supposed to move things and position between steps makes it quite tolerable. Can have some paint chipping issues in a few precise areas due to the complexity and low clearance room of parts. But it's a transforming Draken and it looks gorgeous as a fighter and I absolutely love the gerwalk mode of it, which is the only mode I wanted it for. The Lil' Draken parts might be costly to get by now, and it definitely feels like there's something missing if you don't at least have those missile launcher packs for the legs.

5 hours ago, Knightdramon said:

So with me not willing to venture back to the VF27 and 25/9 releases [especially with those loose joints. damn pity as I love the 27] this is a contender for the next mecha to get.

Only macross figures I have atm are two Yamato VF19 [which I adore], the black VF31 and a mass production VF31 coming in. I might grab Arad's VF31 as a last VF31.

With these in mind, try to talk me into or out of this mecha. It's discounted frequently so I need good reasons for not indulging. For reference, I have handled or owned at one point pretty much all Yamato and Bandai valks and am one of the few people that genuinely enjoys MP Megatron V2.0's transformation. 

Well do you like the Sv-262 design? If so I'd say to go for it on that point alone since this seems to be the only DX version we are going to get. It's a crazy transformation for sure, probably one of my favorite Kawamori designs up there with the Sv-51.