Jump to content

Bandai Sv-262 DX valk


seti88

Recommended Posts

So, as silly as the whole "personal camouflage" thing sounds on the surface (hah), I actually love the idea of Mirage getting enough spotlight in the movie to garner her own new valk.  And it really does make technological sense in this case, since the Drakens look like they're covered in projector screens, so a new camo pattern is probably as simple as loading a picture of the valk in MS Paint and using the paint bucket on panels (which, this scheme looks like she did :lol:). 

I'd imagine anything fancier would take loading pre-planned artwork.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given that the Ba variant of the 262 will be used more in conjunction with the Keith's, will the Elvis version be like the 171EX Maruyama (with the Lil' Drakens packed box) as an TWE and the Ba variant as the cannon fodder?

Still aiming to get Keith's version with the Lil'Drakens add-ons regardless (if I don't jump the gun and pre-order an 1:6 scale figure or SOC Chogokin Dragon Caesar first and break the back at the same time).. :blink:   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Arkham said:

Man, I'm not really a fan of the forums these days, and there seem to contain lots of spoilers for the movie... Does anyone know when... err... the Bluray will be available, or other means of distribution?

 

Thanks

No. If there was, it will definitely be announced in the Macross Delta Movie thread.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Arkham said:

Man, I'm not really a fan of the forums these days, and there seem to contain lots of spoilers for the movie... Does anyone know when... err... the Bluray will be available, or other means of distribution?

 

Thanks

Educated guess, Bluray will be a half year wait. So we are looking at an August release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2018 at 12:56 AM, IXTL said:

A pity Mirage never had her own insignia. That Draken shield is looking real bland.

Maybe they should have had Mirage's 31 with Lildrakens and Hayate get a 262Ba instead. That way they could have used the Knight/Reaper insignia on the shield. I imagine a Draken in the main hero's colors would sell really well too.

Im thinking she could have used her grandfagther's squad insignia. 

Add that old jolly roger to a vf 31 and make it a sold out success. 

We all love that old skull squad insignia 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She hasn’t earned the right to it though. No, with our luck, if they had given Mirage her own symbol it’d be based on that striped mer-cat she has as a pet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks to @no3Ljmfor his post on the VF-31 thread, I played a little game of "I spy with my Eyes".. Low and behold the Elvis Draken (shown underneath the arrow in which I drew)!  Hopefully that Bandai does decide to make this..

Edit: Changed pic for clarity.

vf31a3_LI (3).jpg

Edited by borgified
Edit: Changed pic for cl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ridgebacks said:

@borgified

They already made that, in the form of 1/72 decultured transformable line.

 

Amazon has it here: https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Macross-Sv-262-Machine-Deculture/dp/B07211LWZH

2 problems:

  • Terrible gold
  • Terrible stickers/decals (hard to apply, need to trim edges, transformation destroys them)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, ridgebacks said:

@borgified

They already made that, in the form of 1/72 decultured transformable line.

 

Amazon has it here: https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Macross-Sv-262-Machine-Deculture/dp/B07211LWZH

 

I knew that it came out as an 1/72 model kit (which was posted by myself with a pic from Amiami with the Ishta awhile back), however I have not seen Bandai do one in Roid's colour in 1/60 scale yet.

Would like to get Keith's and the add-ons (if possible), if not, then I would like to get Roid's version with the add-ons then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/9/2018 at 8:01 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Thanks for the better quality image.

 

Text says they found it somewhere, Mirage put in her personal code, and it changed to her colors because it has optical camoflauge.

 

Fighter camos itself to the pilot's flight suit?:p "Look, no one's flying this plane!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i didnt get mirages 31, but i thk i would go for a red 262! B))

sometimes i thk the powers-that-be had a tot, hey that swede draken looks nice...lets do that!

1bb5c5ba9c7a8f7a84bc16f9d76a16f0.jpg.71c60167451124c63fecd2d232369847.jpg

Are there screenshots of mirages draken from the movie, and not magazine? Would be really happy if the strips on mirages draken turn out to be white instead of silver as per scan.

Edited by seti88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@TrickyCustomer: Did you get Lil' Draken add-ons afterwards or did you leave it as it is?

Although Delta wasn't the best series for me; however the valks on the other hand are a much better design than the Frontier ones [not a fan with the VF-25s or the YF-29s (to each their own)]. The SV-262 has made a more of a overall impression do to the Delta shaped wings (in which the Karios and the Chronos has also).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, borgified said:

@TrickyCustomer: Did you get Lil' Draken add-ons afterwards or did you leave it as it is?

Although Delta wasn't the best series for me; however the valks on the other hand are a much better design than the Frontier ones [not a fan with the VF-25s or the YF-29s (to each their own)]. The SV-262 has made a more of a overall impression do to the Delta shaped wings (in which the Karios and the Chronos has also).

I've bought them from a trusted seller on ebay who I have had items off before. All new and sealed stuff. (262 still on route)  The Lil draken set would be worth getting I think, although i personally wouldn't attach them to the 262. They come with stands so flying in formation would look better imo. The fast pack parts that go on the legs do add a lot to the design in fighter mode while keeping the profile and paint scheme looking sharp. I will get in at some point, yes. 

Edited by TrickyCustomer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, spanner said:

this poor thread has been so quiet compared to the VF-31 thread.. 

and its quite disappointing that there hasn't been any further announcements for future SV-262 releases..

Are you waiting for the White Hs or the Green Ba's?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, spanner said:

I'll take anything to be perfectly honest! LOL!

You know what, I'm not a big fan of a green colored Valk but I like the concept of the Drakens so I want to have one but the only thing that's stopping me if ever is the green's Pope head. If the head is the same as the blue one, I'm in. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You know what, I'm not a big fan of a green colored Valk but I like the concept of the Drakens so I want to have one but the only thing that's stopping me if ever is the green's Pope head. If the head is the same as the blue one, I'm in. ;)

So leave that one in Fighter or Gerwalk and you don’t have to worry about the head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mommar said:

So leave that one in Fighter or Gerwalk and you don’t have to worry about the head.

I know what you did there. Hehehe. :lol:  I rather wait for the white one first before diving it on the green one.  ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You know what, I'm not a big fan of a green colored Valk but I like the concept of the Drakens so I want to have one but the only thing that's stopping me if ever is the green's Pope head. If the head is the same as the blue one, I'm in. ;)

 

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

So leave that one in Fighter or Gerwalk and you don’t have to worry about the head.

I guess the green isn't the nicest color for the Valkyrie but I reckon once you had it in hand you'd quickly get use to it and start to like it more.

But yeah that pope head does look a little on the silly side but Mommar is right, just keep them in fighter and gerwalk, problem solved! LOL!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The green/white versions head reminds me alot of the sv-51. Which is my all time favorite Valk. I find the Keith variant alot more interesting to look at however, in all modes. Plus the paint scheme is fantastic. Wish they had maybe reversed the colours for the subordinate Sv 262. Gold with navy blue detailing. Not to say the green looks bad, just not as eye catching. But better than some of the hero's 31 valks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd want any Ba variant first because new head and wings. but I'd buy Elvis just because I like the design.

On 2/13/2018 at 9:12 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

2 problems:

  • Terrible gold
  • Terrible stickers/decals (hard to apply, need to trim edges, transformation destroys them)

you missed the most important problem though: it's not a 1/60th scale toy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, anime52k8 said:

I'd want any Ba variant first because new head and wings. but I'd buy Elvis just because I like the design.

you missed the most important problem though: it's not a 1/60th scale toy.

That I don't mind. Between the 1/72 model and the 1/60 figure, I actually find the model to be easier to transform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That I don't mind. Between the 1/72 model and the 1/60 figure, I actually find the model to be easier to transform.

This is really painfully true.  It might not be perfect transformation, but the mechanisms in the model are an order of magnitude simpler.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

This is really painfully true.  It might not be perfect transformation, but the mechanisms in the model are an order of magnitude simpler.

Macross Figures I do not enjoy transforming:

  1. SV-262
  2. VF-171EX
  3. Macross Quarter
  4. Koenig Monster

There's not much fight over that top spot.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...