Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

I could be as wrong as wrong, but I still think the SV-262 is going to have a heavy VF-17 meets YF-21 resemblance in Battroid. Big, bulky with some slender features added in. At least it won't have the massive canons of the VF-27's (Not really a fan of those).

I agree. I even think that the transformation process will be similar in some ways.

It looks like it has more red on both sides near the intakes in the previews than the toy. Summary about the Draken:

No transformation shown. There appears to be drones ( maybe those things mounted on the wings) with them, gunpod acts like a blaster turret.

Edited by wmkjr

I listened to th podcast. There is singing. There are girls, and boys. Stuff is happening. A lot of characters and ideas are shown within a short amount of time making it hard to follow. It was more Macross 7 than Macross Plus. They said that they were told that the tone of the series will sharply shift from episode to episode. I take that to mean the creators want it judged as a whole, and not relegated and classified based on this first episode. Let it breath.

I listened to th podcast. There is singing. There are girls, and boys. Stuff is happening. A lot of characters and ideas are shown within a short amount of time making it hard to follow. It was more Macross 7 than Macross Plus. They said that they were told that the tone of the series will sharply shift from episode to episode. I take that to mean the creators want it judged as a whole, and not relegated and classified based on this first episode. Let it breath.

that is very encouraging to hear actually! :)

It looks like it has more red on both sides near the intakes in the previews than the toy.

From some of the pictures of the toy there appears to be a red marking on the right hand side just behind the intakes. It is white on the left side.

Edit: found a picture of the toy. Look at the head on picture

post-30426-0-55671900-1451212062.jpg

Edited by Garfinkel

Here some pics of what I'm talking about. Don't click if you want to be spoiler free.

The red/purplish area by both intakes instead of just one. Could be just a different paint scheme or activated mode as there are no markings and trim. Also, I think they mentioned in the podcast that those things near the tailfin are drones/bits of some type.image.pngimage.png

Edited by wmkjr

I didn't get round to listening to the podcast but I figured as much seeing that any details of its transformation got no mention.. in a way im starting to gain a little concern about how it might look in its other modes. Did they sacrifice its other modes purely in order to obtain that Draken look in fighter mode!?!? Please oh please don't end up being total crap..

Like I said I cant help but feel a little concern regarding the "all new transformation" as I hope it doesn't end up being something awkward looking like the Konig Monster does.. or even the VF-4 other modes.

The next question is then when will the rest of us mere mortals get to start watching Delta??

Like I said I cant help but feel a little concern regarding the "all new transformation" as I hope it doesn't end up being something awkward looking like the Konig Monster does.. or even the VF-4 other modes.

The next question is then when will the rest of us mere mortals get to start watching Delta??

Heeeey, the VF-4 doesn't look awkward....I love its battroid mode. :wub: My only beef with the Yamato version is that the shoulders don't rotate, which greatly and ridiculously diminishes its range of motion. When I built my LEGO version, I made sure to alleviate that restriction.

"All new transformation" makes me far more excited than apprehensive. The YF-19 was an all new transformation, as well as the SV-51, and the VF-25, and even the VF-4, relative to the ubiquitous VF-1 style transformation that became somewhat of a standard with transforming jets in the 80s. ( Diaclone F-15 design notwithstanding, which was also Kawamori's) So, given that Mr. Kawamori continues to churn out new and interesting, if not functional, mechanical transformations, I have high expectations that this will be an interesting valk. I'd find it very interesting if that ventral cannon ends up attached to an arm-I like that kind of integration. Anyway, as long as it doesn't share any of the fugliness of the VA-3 Invader, which had potential to be a whole lot cooler if those legs had been designed differently, I think I'll be pleasantly surprised when the big reveal comes. And come soon, I vehemently hope.

I knew my comment about the VF-4 looking awkward would jab at someone! and you bit first! hehe! ok ok so the VF-4 ain't that bad but its still no bed of roses either! And yes the VA-3.. who can't forget that relative gaggle of horrors.. sorry im just not a fan.

Yeah all those other "all new transformation" valks did in fact turn out to be ok but we did see the transformations fairly early on after their initial announcement but what has got me beat is why the secrecy or reluctance to show the Sv-262 other modes. Im not even going to refer to them as battroid or gerwalk as yet seeing we just don't know what its other modes will actually be!? And who knows it could turn out to be a hybrid mode of some sort like a gertroid or battwalk!?!?

So yes I am a little concerned but don't get me wrong I am also very excited to see how it turns out too! I hope we are pleasantly surprised in the end. But either way if it does turn out to suck then that's one whole lot of Valks I won't be needing to spend money on.

Edited by spanner76

Actually I love the invader too - but because it's unique and it's "fugliness" actually strikes me as strangely believable and even kind of intimidating. The beautifully minimalistic elegance of the VF-1 and similarly inspired designs is hard to beat, but in some ways has been beaten into the ground for me. I can't see them like I used to because there have been so many imitations and iterations. This Drakken based design excites me more than anything has since the plus/7 era - I suspect a very Zentran battroid which I look forward too!

I thk ugliness becomes chic after it is placed in the company of nicely styled valks.

So in a way, although am really worried that the 262 gerwalk and battroid may turn out to be totally...****, it may well have its own place in valkdom.

The beauty comes once you appreciate the contrast and develop an understanding of what kawamori was going for in his designs.

*whoa * sorry had a mind trip there...must remind myself of the walkure girls to snap me out of it... :p

The tv series and movie section would be the place to address that question. :-)

Honestly, I'm more excited and intrigued to see how the SV-262 turns out. It's just a strikingly different design from what we've usually seen.

While, the VF-31 just feels like an also-ran design of the Frontier valks.

what if it has a quadruped mode? that'll be different for sure.

Funny you say that- I was thinking the same thing. :lol: Or four arms. I doubt it, but it would certainly set it apart. The Octos from Zero is the only other quadruped styled mech I'm aware of in Macross, and it didn't get much love despite the fact that it was a cool and aggressive looking design. Transforming boats just aren't as cool as jets, I guess. An oceanic series with variable combat watercraft would make for interesting viewing. Macross: Aquatic, anyone? Variable subs, battleships, cruisers, and carriers with a host of new valks, underwater bases, and genetically altered people who can breathe underwater...just a few ideas.

I digress. I'm also curious why they're keeping such a tight lid on the 262's other modes, esp with the buildup about its uniqueness. If I was Bandai, I'd want pics of the thing out there to whet appetites.

wow nice close up shots! are they landing gear bay doors under the nose and towards the rear of the legs? and that turret gun thingy might even detach you think? There is an under wing pylon mount too! I wonder if the arms are just inwards of the outer wings? Looks very interesting! Just not sure how the Gerwalk mode would work with what appears to be the legs sitting very close together when in fighter mode. Hopefully these things are already in final production and ready for a early 2016 release!

wow nice close up shots! are they landing gear bay doors under the nose and towards the rear of the legs? and that turret gun thingy might even detach you think? There is an under wing pylon mount too! I wonder if the arms are just inwards of the outer wings? Looks very interesting! Just not sure how the Gerwalk mode would work with what appears to be the legs sitting very close together when in fighter mode. Hopefully these things are already in final production and ready for a early 2016 release!

The DX VF-31 is planned for autumn 2016 according to Bandai's displays at Tamashii Nations and the private screening of the first episode. There is no way the Sv-262 is going to be out in early 2016.