Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

The Chronos was a good design in valk mode, however you had to use the clip long the waist (like a corset) while it’s in battroid [very poor execution]. The Draken has a flawed arm assembly in which caused so much confusion in where it should go and maybe not as a clear instruction on how to transform it (unless you had to look at the transformation steps carefully done by Wotafa). 

Any complex transformations present, no one wants to touch it (like MP-36 Megs v.2 or MP 44 Convoy v.3). 

2 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

If that is the case, they're still doing a horrible job of it. If they switched to a direct to customer sales method they could open their pre orders for X amount of time and then base their production runs on orders. No shelf warmers. Fill all demand (make more $$$).

This is basically their existing P-Bandai / web exclusive model. The fact they are not even doing this, is perhaps whatever projected orders they crunched will not even meet MOQ for profitability.

There’s also the idea (not sure where it originated from), that antagonist mecha generally don’t sell well. I got impression that Bogue’s 31AX didn’t move much quantities, so perhaps there’s some validity to this.

6 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

^ Ditto. +1 for this Bandai

Kinda sorta spoilers for the 2nd Delta movie, but not really. You can't spoil something that's already rancid to begin with. :p

Spoiler

Considering how quickly and unceremoniously all the aerial knights were disposed of at the start of the 2nd Delta movie, Bandai probably has the 262 at the very bottom of their to-do list. :lol:

Edited by Lolicon

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Kinda sorta spoilers for the 2nd Delta movie, but not really. You can't spoil something that's already rancid to begin with. :p

Hide contents

Considering how quickly and unceremoniously all the aerial knights were disposed of at the start of the 2nd Delta movie, Bandai probably has the 262 at the very bottom of their to-do list. :lol:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I find the SV-262 is at least way better looking than the 303 in all modes. I personally think the SV-303 is pretty ugly with its multicolored neon tron lines and odd looking battroid. The design might grow on me, but currently I'm not a fan. If they try to make a toy out of that, I fear those neon lines are not going to translate well in toy form (not that they translate well in any other form of media either). 

But yeah... I fear the 262 has probably not only fallen to the bottom of their to-do list, but impacted and broke through the bottom and fell into the abyss, taking the Arad and Chuck supers with it among other things.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

On 11/6/2022 at 7:35 PM, MacrossJunkie said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I find the SV-262 is at least way better looking than the 303 in all modes. I personally think the SV-303 is pretty ugly with its multicolored neon tron lines and odd looking battroid. The design might grow on me, but currently I'm not a fan. If they try to make a toy out of that, I fear those neon lines are not going to translate well in toy form (not that they translate well in any other form of media either). 

But yeah... I fear the 262 has probably not only fallen to the bottom of their to-do list, but impacted and broke through the bottom and fell into the abyss, taking the Arad and Chuck supers with it among other things.

I'm not sure that's unpopular at all.  The 303 is one of the worst looking Valks this side of the finished 14.

On 11/6/2022 at 5:23 PM, Lolicon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Don't be shy, let us know how you feel bruv :lol:

On 11/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, MacrossJunkie said:

As much as i do like the 303. I don't really consider it a Valkyrie. It's in the  drone category for me. 

The SV-262 is by far, IMO , the most under appreciated Valkyrie !

Edited by Bolt

The SV-303 is a programmed drone anyways in my mind @Bolt, so it’s ready to go when it’s needed in a short timespan for deployment. 

Even though the J35 Saab Draken is designated as a Cold War aircraft, the design is unique (maybe the Mirage Dart/Avro Arrow [too futuristic for the Canadian Air Force and scrapped years later] follows behind). 

• 2 weeks later...

Provided Bandai doesn't release ALL of this stuff at once, I might try for one of these.

Honestly, I just want to support the design and try to help convince Bandai to make the freakin' Ba after all this time. <_< 

On the plus side.. I don't see the demand for this being very high, after Keith's became such a shelf-warmer.

That shade of rust red keep bugging at me.

Now I know why. It reminds me of anti-rust paint primers one uses for metal surfaces. So in my mind this 262 paint scheme looks like a heavy WIP unfinished item. :p

But I’ll still get at least one to support for the potential Elvis.

2 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

I’m digging the red. 

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

you mean brown?😅

2 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Brick red maybe… or maybe brown. Time will tell 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

It's "earth tone" ^_^

11 minutes ago, MKT said:

That shade of rust red keep bugging at me.

Now I know why. It reminds me of anti-rust paint primers one uses for metal surfaces. So in my mind this 262 paint scheme looks like a heavy WIP unfinished item. :p

But I’ll still get at least one to support for the potential Elvis.

The soil up here in Prince Edward Island in Canuckle Land is also red due to the iron properties that makes it that specific tint. 

That red on Booger’s 262 looks like watered down Carolina Pepper Red as a mole sauce. 

• 1 year later...