Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

On 9/1/2020 at 12:52 AM, MacrossJunkie said:

Anyway, seeing Mirage's SV-262 makes me wish Bandai would just release an unassembled, unpainted kit version like Yamato did with the VF-1 and let people go to town with it.

That’s a great idea!

It sure would allow for a complete set of Drakens.

On 9/8/2020 at 8:45 AM, hardreturn said:

changing around the display a bit and had to transform the Draken from Gerwalk to Battroid and decided to take a pic. still love it. 

really nice shot, colours really pop

Edited by apptt4
a letter

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 3:45 PM, hardreturn said:

changing around the display a bit and had to transform the Draken from Gerwalk to Battroid and decided to take a pic. still love it. 

09%2007%20draken%2001.jpg?raw=1

Beautiful pic!

I still have hope that one day Bandai will release a TWE White final version.

My candlelight still flickers in hopes that this one day is produced aside from this only and lonely mold.

It’s a great figure and travesty that we have never seen any other versions preocupes since it’s release.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 10:39 PM, chyll2 said:

haha, I just wished how both companies release their toys unpainted or in kit form. Arcadia recently did it but that is for the armor parts for Zero

This.  I was only able to get one of the Yamato VF-1.  Wish Arcadia would release them again, so I can complete a flight section (4 valks) in Low Viz (Ideally, 1 x S, 1 x J and 2 x A.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, borgified said:

A question to ask.

For those that have the Draken, did Yeti made a special adapter for it for use on his stand (I don't recall one being made or am I wrong)?  

WcIa0xph.jpg

C4p6NsZh.jpg

mL3MUxxh.jpg

Since his site is down, these are the links he provided on his YetiStand thread.

http://www.yetistand.com/product/dx-standing-adapter-sv-262-revision

http://www.yetistand.com/product/dx-banking-adapter-sv-262-revision

Thanks for the re-fresher @no3Ljm. I did see this at before and somehow my mind just went blank and not remembering anything about it! :wacko: 

Too many WandaVision related merchandise drops in these past few days... Wallet is not going to be happy. 

Edited by borgified

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Thanks for the re-fresher @no3Ljm. I did see this at before and somehow my mind just went blank and not remembering anything about it! :wacko: 

Too many WandaVision related merchandise drops in these past few days... Wallet is not going to be happy. 

You're welcome. I also found one from @Xigfrid's Shapeways shop earlier. :good: 

https://www.shapeways.com/product/8C9GMRR6Y/bandai-attach-v13b-draken-iii-compatible

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Moosey said:

Wasn’t the 1/60 DX preceded by a 1/72 model kit also? 
What hopes of a Dx Mirage Draken? (I promise I’ll never go past Gerwalk ;p)

Honestly, I'm not expecting it at all.  Series released almost five years ago now, and judging by how easy it still is to find Keith's 262 for relatively cheap, I don't think Bandai believes it's even worth the effort to produce any more of that design.  The demand just isn't there.  I was hoping Mirage flying one would change that, but that feeling faded fast.

Also, note how the new movie promo seems to be putting one of the Windermere knights in a new VF-31.  That tells me that even the writers of the show understand how unpopular the design is with fans.  If they wanted to sell more, they would have kept the 262s in the movie and made them a centerpiece to get fans excited for DX versions.

I'd love to be surprised later down the road and proven wrong, but I just don't think the demand is there for Bandai to see it as a viable product.

56 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

I really love the fighter mode of the SV-262.  I've heard it can be a bit difficult to transform between modes, is that true?

That is true and complex (maybe equal to MP-44/MP-36), however if you can figure it out, then it shouldn't be a issue. 

Check out either @jenius' or wotafa's review (both on Youtube) to help you out. ;)

Edited by borgified

The 262 is a notoriously convoluted pile of rotating bits and bobs, and frankly, I think it needs to be redesigned.  The 1/72 model did some things differently, and arguably better, in spite of having to detach the hands.  It just didn't have as many moving parts... unfortunately, it also is far more fragile, and repeated transformations will cause bits to break without some structural modifications.

If anything, I hope the long delay with no new 262 release is because Bandai took it back to the drawing board for a rework.

One thing I've always found amusing about the DX 262 though.. for something so incredibly complex and complicated to transform, I can't actually recall anyone complaining of things breaking.  It looks insanely fragile, but I don't remember hearing any wailing and moaning over it disintegrating due to ham-fisted transformation sessions.  Maybe people were more careful with it because it looked fragile?  Or maybe it just never sold well enough to get a proper working-over by the wider Macross Delta audience?  We may never know. :lol: 

When I got mine upon release, it went from fighter to battroid once then back to a kind of hybrid gerwalk and there it sits to this day, with the missile packs and sword, which are cool. :ph34r:.  From what I remember, it was involved, but not temper-tantrum inducing like ohhh I don't know...the 171's..:lol:<_<

13 minutes ago, borgified said:

One wrong move on the 171 legs and "SNAP"! Your stuck with an amputated one legged valk with no peg leg. 

Not even a wrong move.  You can break the legs off by following the instructions. :p  Bandai screwed up horribly writing them because they didn't write separate battroid-to-fighter instructions, and the steps don't work the same in reverse.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

The 262 is a notoriously convoluted pile of rotating bits and bobs, and frankly, I think it needs to be redesigned.  The 1/72 model did some things differently, and arguably better, in spite of having to detach the hands.  It just didn't have as many moving parts... unfortunately, it also is far more fragile, and repeated transformations will cause bits to break without some structural modifications.

If anything, I hope the long delay with no new 262 release is because Bandai took it back to the drawing board for a rework.

One thing I've always found amusing about the DX 262 though.. for something so incredibly complex and complicated to transform, I can't actually recall anyone complaining of things breaking.  It looks insanely fragile, but I don't remember hearing any wailing and moaning over it disintegrating due to ham-fisted transformation sessions.  Maybe people were more careful with it because it looked fragile?  Or maybe it just never sold well enough to get a proper working-over by the wider Macross Delta audience?  We may never know. :lol: 

It’s in permanent Gerwalk for me, so it’s never been transformed  enough to break.

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Permanent Battroid mode for me, complete with sword, shield (solid, not the folding one), missile packs, and a Lil' Draken flying on each side. I was careful during its one and only transformation process because it was a lot more complex and looked a lot more fragile.

I've definitely transformed my model versions more than the DX, but I do pull the DX out every so often just to puzzle my way through it.  I find the transformation kind of fascinating.  Kind of makes me want to pull it out now and mess with it, in fact. :lol: 

That being said, there's a reason I own two of them.  The one that had some missing paint out of the box is the one I transform, while the other stays in fighter mode.