Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

39 minutes ago, borgified said:

Fighter mode of 262 is much better than the Battroid to me. The Anubis/Jackal headscupt on battriod makes it more sinister.

Do you have the Slavos and the rest of the add on set for it @Slave IV?

Yeah, I have every DX Delta release so far. Some (most) of them multiples. Just haven’t opened some of the packs yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Was dusting and doing some rearranging and noticed I never got a good 262 battroid pic.

Bandai where's my white 262? <_<

49751015718_6afca3c732_o.jpg

There is something really appealing about the 262 in battroid. I display it in that mode with the sword, shield, leg armor, and Lil Drakens (in flight on either side).

5 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

There is something really appealing about the 262 in battroid. I display it in that mode with the sword, shield, leg armor, and Lil Drakens (in flight on either side).

I prefer having the Lil Drakens on in fighter mode, but they look great in all modes.

5 hours ago, Bolt said:

Wait a minute, that's a GREAT pic of the 262 in battroid!

Haha thanks. :) People pretty much stopped using melee weapons and shields with the advent of firearms, and now we've come full circle. :lol:

Not sure if these had been posted before. Just found it from a Japanese Twitter. Someone actually build a model of this beautiful aircraft. Looks like modifying from SV-51.

DICJCH_V0AEOxlM.jpg.8ac0f8cf633103013f91c019685dd50b.jpg

Dm79SYSVsAEdh3s.jpg.0ac1fdceb525154425cc76636dca13a0.jpg

... and the F-104 mecha from Shoji Kawamori. Does anyone know what art book is this?

CiRWBi6UgAAnGuj.jpg.8f5e1a0546101c33b5276aada5553a7a.jpg

2 hours ago, Firefox said:

Not sure if these had been posted before. Just found it from a Japanese Twitter. Someone actually build a model of this beautiful aircraft. Looks like modifying from SV-51.

... and the F-104 mecha from Shoji Kawamori. Does anyone know what art book is this?

Very impressive build. 

The images are found in Shoji Kawamori Macross Designs Works.

Edited by nightmareB4macross
SK

6 hours ago, Firefox said:

4 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Very impressive build. 

The images are found in Shoji Kawamori Macross Designs Works.

We briefly discussed this on April 8/2018 (over two years ago) on page 110.

Roid's plane pre-Draken: SV-154 in which Kawamori took some influences form the F-104.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_F-104_Starfighter 

Is this SV-154 a Hasewaga kit by any chance (or clobbered from other model kits)? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely do like this in battriod mode inside the hanger @Saburo:good:

Hopefully that I'll get at least two of the Fext Hobby Sci-Fi 03 sets when this world wide situation is completely over (still haven't even ordered it when the announcement was made). 

Edited by borgified

Beautiful @Saburo!  I almost forgot what it looked like in any other mode other than the aircraft which is what I have mine displayed in.  I do like the Gerwalk mode very much in this design.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Definitely do like this in battriod mode inside the hanger @Saburo:good:

Hopefully that I'll get at least two of the Fext Hobby Sci-Fi 03 sets when this world wide situation is completely over (still haven't even ordered it when the announcement was made). 

Thank you @borgified!  Its pretty crazy times for all of us, I am sure that there will be a remedy and things will get back to normal.  My hope is that shipping will slowly ramp back up. 

I look forward to seeing your photos with the Sci-Fi 03 setup.

46 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Beautiful @Saburo!  I almost forgot what it looked like in any other mode other than the aircraft which is what I have mine displayed in.  I do like the Gerwalk mode very much in this design.

Thank you @wm cheng, I had forgotten what fighter mode looks like.  I have had mine displayed as Battroid since I did the photo set when the Lill Draken were release so many years ago.  I usually display in fighter but this is the one I didn't feel like transforming back because its a pain to do. :lol:  I am sure I will watch @jenius video when I eventually put it back to fighter. 

The Sv-262 gerwalk mode is awesome its so compact looking compared to the other valks.

14 hours ago, derex3592 said:

GREAT pic @Saburo!  The Sv-262 doesn't get enough love! I'm in the same boat and am totally scared to try to put mine back to fighter or go to battroid! Mine's in a psuedo-gerwalk. 

Thank you @derex3592!  I agree the Sv-262 needs move love.  Its one of the more photogenic Valk because of the gold accent.   I know eventually I will have to put it back to fighter so it can go back into the box for storage. :lol:

13 hours ago, Rogueload said:

Awesome pic @Saburo!

Thank you @Rogueload!

Edited by Saburo

Yup, still waiting.  I'd take either Roid's or Mirage's.  (Prefer Roid's, I do like the Anubis-style head a lot) (plus it wouldn't need a remold like Mirage's would---if they won't even do a pure color-swap like Roid's, I have little faith of ever seeing the others) 

2 hours ago, kkx said:

@Saburo I just pass on a nicely priced set on yahoo.jp, now you are making me regretting my decision. :( 

There's a complete 262 Hs and the Lil'Draken set starting on 15k yen on FromJapan with 6:45:00 left before the auction closes.    

The show's 4 years old now and the previous 262 came out 3 years ago. Pretty sure a DX white Draken isn't going to happen. Going to have to build a model kit if you want a white 262.

What? Bandai didn't complete a toy line? You don't say...

#releasethewhitedraken #wheresmytomahawk

9 hours ago, kkx said:

@Saburo I just pass on a nicely priced set on yahoo.jp, now you are making me regretting my decision. :( 

@kkx, I am sorry about that, there have been many member that have been through the same situation with my pics. :unknw:

9 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

I swear, the cooler a valk Bandai makes, the less likely they are to do the obvious repaints... 

@David Hingtgen, I had the same thought as well.

8 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I mean..........I would in a heart beat..

If that was opened for PO, I'd definitely buy!

7 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Yup, still waiting.  I'd take either Roid's or Mirage's.  (Prefer Roid's, I do like the Anubis-style head a lot) (plus it wouldn't need a remold like Mirage's would---if they won't even do a pure color-swap like Roid's, I have little faith of ever seeing the others) 

I am waiting as well, Maybe one day Roid's white 262Hs and on the slim chance they make the 262Ba (Pope Hat). :unsure:

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The show's 4 years old now and the previous 262 came out 3 years ago. Pretty sure a DX white Draken isn't going to happen. Going to have to build a model kit if you want a white 262.

What? Bandai didn't complete a toy line? You don't say...

#releasethewhitedraken #wheresmytomahawk

It still surprising that Delta is 4 years old already, time has sure flown by.  I am still hoping that they'll release super parts for Arad and Chuck...  but I know its not going to happen.

I've only seen some line art of the valk, and some battle scenes from Delta...but honestly I have no idea how this thing transformed.
Wanted to give myself a challenge-could I transform it not knowing what the hell I was doing.

I bought a beater 262 on YJ for super cheap (had a locking tab to the fuselage in battroid mode broken, which would not affect transformation),  and just using the box propped up on the table to know what pieces generally went where, gave it a try.
5 hours later I was still stuck. I handed it over to my wife and told here 'see this piece is somehow supposed to pivot this way, but it doesn't budge'
She tried for an hour and she magically pushed some lever in the belly of the damned beast and it did a big 'whoosh' pivot...meaning the cockpit could finally pivoted around and bammo-got to the next step.
Another hour later I had the thing in Battroid mode. Success!!

Next day after about 1.5 hours I got it back into fighter mode, where it slept for about 2 months back in the box. Yesterday I broke it out again and tried to go into Battroid mode, and it only took an hour this time, so I did learn something, not sure what though. But getting it back into fighter for some reason still took 1.5 hours. I could not get the little side vents and legs to cooperate. I did curse a little bit.

I love and hate this valkyrie at the same time. I've never had a toy so complex, it is a fascinating engineering miracle. I honestly can't believe Bandai actually built this thing. I wish it was just a little bigger so I could get my large monkey fingers into some of the smaller sections. Did I mention it has a lot of sharp pieces, and I mean a lot!!? They poke your skin in just the right areas and inflict actual pain when twisting the torso here and there. It was a constant reminder I did not know what the hell I was doing, and it wanted to let me know it knew that.

If you've been sitting on the fence all these years, I'd really recommend getting one of these, as it was an enjoyable challenge!!

S