Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

I wish Bandai would announce the Ba variant next. In fighter mode, I would prefer this over Keith's Hs variant, simply because the wings will look more like the actual namesake Drakens.

I do love the Hs, especially the Anubis head in battroid, but at same time in fighter-mode, it reminds me more of something Batman would fly in (and so does the Frontier VF-27s as well :p). Not that I am complaining, the SV-262s overall are a refreshing take on new valk designs.

Looks like someone has picked up the 262 Hs for 12k yen form Manda.

The Lil'Draken accessories (sword, shield, salvo, colour correct Lil'Drakens) are sold out. Amazon. jp has it for 16k yen and it may not ship to where you are (17.7k yen 3rd party seller and fulfilled by Amazon Japan itself. Maybe slightly priced lower to where you are located).  

14 hours ago, MKT said:

I wish Bandai would announce the Ba variant next. In fighter mode, I would prefer this over Keith's Hs variant, simply because the wings will look more like the actual namesake Drakens.

I do love the Hs, especially the Anubis head in battroid, but at same time in fighter-mode, it reminds me more of something Batman would fly in (and so does the Frontier VF-27s as well :p). Not that I am complaining, the SV-262s overall are a refreshing take on new valk designs.

I definitely want a Ba version for Fighter Mode. 

3 hours ago, borgified said:

The Lil'Draken accessories (sword, shield, salvo, colour correct Lil'Drakens) are sold out. Amazon. jp has it for 16k yen and it may not ship to where you are (17.7k yen 3rd party seller and fulfilled by Amazon Japan itself. Maybe slightly priced lower to where you are located).  

I really like the missile add-ons on the draken. Beef up the SV-262 significantly and also enhance the look in fighter mode with those tampo'ed panels.

Edited by seti88

10 hours ago, borgified said:

It’s available again (or another set has come up):

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1080146157&ref=list&keyword=Draken&lang=en

i just ordered the same set from Manda a couple weeks ago (SAL 1890 yen shipping) and it’s been stuck at the NY-ICS for the last week. 

Edited by rdrunner

I'm getting to my wit's end with trying to get the arms un-stuck.  I tried prying them loose with a tiny allen wrench last night, to no avail (and got some minor scrapping underneath for my efforts).  Nothing serious, but I'm too afraid to keep trying something like that.  Any recommendations for lubricant?  I've heard RC shock oil can be pretty good, like this.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm might just resign this to battroid/gerwalk mode, unfortunately.

I'm happy to report that I finally got the arm mechanism un-stuck.  I tried multiple things, but what ultimately got it was using a hair dryer on it for about a minute, maybe a minute and a half.  Thing is, that is one of the first things I tried when this all started, so I can't guarantee that will work first try.  I tried to document all my steps in case anyone else has this happen to them, so I'll list a short summary of everything I did below.  I wish I could say there is one magic way to get it unstuck, but I'm not sure that there is.  Anyhow, here's what I did (keep in mind this was over the course a week and a half, not all in one sitting):

1) Started with basic up/down and left/right movement of the joint.  I did use a hair dryer on it for about 30 seconds or so early on.  Didn't seem to do much

2) I tried prying at it with a tiny allen wrench.  I don't know how much this helped, and I got minor scratching underneath, so I wouldn't recommend trying to pry at it with anything other than your hands.

3) Used a silicone-based lubricant (last night) and let it set for a while.

4) More pulling/movement by hand.  This time more of a circular motion, trying to loosen it from all angles.

5) Hair dryer again, this time for 60-90 seconds.  Then a moderate pull, and it was loose.

If I had to guess, it was a combination of the silicone lube and hair dryer that got it, at least for me.  But I'd recommend starting with the hair dryer for 60-90 seconds first, for anyone that encounters this.

That's the best advice I could give.  There's a little bit of scratching from the allen wrench, but it is underneath so it doesn't really affect the appearance.  The pin/button thing that anchors the whole arm assembly together is a little loser, as well, but it still functions perfectly fine.  That much pulling/prying is bound to loosen that part up.

What caused it?  I can't really say.  I didn't mis-transform it in any way, as far as I can tell.  The arms were in the proper position.  I had it in battroid mode for 6+ months, so that is what I am suspecting right now.  I'll examine it more and see if I can determine any other causes.  It's a shame this design suffers from so many transformation issues, because it looks great.

There is the possibility that the Elvis and Pope versions will be made for the second Delta movie. 

The model kits of the Hs and the Ba has been done, however Kawamori (?) has the final say if the DX versions of both should be made. 

Honestly saying, the two variants of the Draken got me interested in Delta, took some time warm up to Siegfrieds. 

12 hours ago, borgified said:

There is the possibility that the Elvis and Pope versions will be made for the second Delta movie. 

The model kits of the Hs and the Ba has been done, however Kawamori (?) has the final say if the DX versions of both should be made. 

Honestly saying, the two variants of the Draken got me interested in Delta, took some time warm up to Siegfrieds. 

Why would Kawamori have any say in if two toys are produced?  He doesn't work for Bandai.

Another PSA for this valk:  The thumbs on the integrated/articulated hands are weak and dumb.  I broke one off, and I don't even know how.  I was transforming it to fighter mode, and the thumb just seemed to... fall off.  I thought it was a ball joint with how easily it fell off, but no, it's just poorly made.  It wish it were a ball joint like the DX 1/48 hands, then I could just pop it back in.

I never use these hands outside of fighter mode, so it's not a big deal.  I've managed to glue it, but now I have basically another fixed-posed fist, just smaller for fighter mode.  Just be careful handling the articulated hands, I guess:

IMG_20190516_212844.thumb.jpg.0c5a0db256a484719e6fb8bf900a1464.jpg

Edited by HardlyNever

The tolerances for getting those hands stowed is ridiculously tight. After seeing some other troubles with the thumbs accidentally shearing off, I just stopped leaving the hands on when I put the figure into fighter mode. Unlike the 31 where the back of the hands become a visible panel under the wings, these hands are completely hidden, so nothing is lost taking them off.