Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

I love it.

Yes, you will feel the urge to smash it against the wall more than once. But its uniqueness, colors and poseability is why I just can't stop staring at it, and it's the only valk I'm considering getting a 2nd unit.

Legs are freaking strong, and it's extremely balanced. You only need a stand if you want a flying pose. 

You will regret getting one, I'm sure, but eventually you will love it as well ;)

Agreed. I didn't find the transformation all that bad, but I highly suggest you watch a video or two of it and then work along with the video, at least that's how I do it. It is a beautiful toy, no doubt, has great shelf presence with the sword and missile attachments, Little Drakkens are kinda meh, but nice to have. 

3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wish I bought one when they were 13000 JY at CDJ  : /

This is what I paid for mine (except from Manda).

At that price,  I'm not disappointed.  Getting it into gerwalk is a pain, but just going fighter-> battroid (you can skip gerwalk) really isn't that bad.  I have the lil'draken/missile set on the way, I'll give impressions of that when I get it.

Be advised that while the valk is still available at a discount, the accessory pack is not.

Also, it's my wife's favorite valk (appearance-wise, at least).  So that's a bonus, I guess.

13k yen for a DX SV-262Hs is worth it.

Manda had it for low as opened condition at 10k, 12k, 14k and now presently at 17k. Thankfully that I got my copy from Jungle for 13k [Box B/Item B] couple of months ago (as the ordering site is still on overhaul) and the Lil'Drakens for Amazon Japan at the same price. Still in the box as of now along with my other valks, since I've got no room to display it (Edit: All the boxes are opened if your wondering).

Amiami has a pre-owned Hs (last copy) for roughly 17k if anyone is interested -  https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-023079-R

Manda has two listings of the Lil'Draken at 12k - https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1075741705&ref=list

As for the valk - https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1062529883&ref=list

Amazon Japan listings in Japanese:

Valk - https://www.amazon.co.jp/マクロスデルタ-Sv-262Hs-ドラケンIII-キース・エアロ・ウィンダミア機-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B01LWQ6QK1/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1544215305&sr=8-2&keywords=dx+sv-262

Lil'Drakens - https://www.amazon.co.jp/Sv-262Hs-ドラケンIII-キース・エアロ・ウィンダミア機-用リル・ドラケン&ミサイルポッド-魂ウェブ商店限定/dp/B071L9WR5L/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544215305&sr=8-1&keywords=dx+sv-262

Don't know about the other suppliers and the proxy listings.  

Edited by borgified

• 5 weeks later...

Lets finish it with the Lil'Draken accessories shall we? ;)

Manda -  https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1103691770&ref=list&keyword=マクロス delta&lang=en

Amazon Japan - https://www.amazon.co.jp/Sv-262Hs-ドラケンIII-キース・エアロ・ウィンダミア機-用リル・ドラケン&ミサイルポッド-魂ウェブ商店限定/dp/B071L9WR5L/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&keywords=dx sv-262hs&language=en_US&qid=1546935099&sr=8-2 *

For the Draken on Amazon Japan - https://www.amazon.co.jp/Sv-262Hs-ドラケンIII-キース・エアロ・ウィンダミア機-用リル・ドラケン&ミサイルポッド-魂ウェブ商店限定/dp/B071L9WR5L/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&keywords=dx sv-262hs&language=en_US&qid=1546935099&sr=8-2 **

* Prices to ship YVR at 7 new for 18.6k yen and 4 used at 14.4 k yen

** Draken to ship to YVR at 23.7k yen new (while 20 new at 20,174 yen and 4 used at 17,580 yen).

Have not looked anywhere else.. Proxies maybe less or more depending on the seller.

Edited by borgified
amount avalible

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

As discussed in the other thread, I would also love a second SV-262, would it be a Pop Elvis variant, any screened CF 262Ba or the new concert 262Ba:

DxABfYHUYAAdcd3.jpg.cc15887a7538cb279907e3a4e4ff88fc.jpg

Ok seriously, I would buy all of those. :lol: 

I should really grab some more of the kits before they get hard to find.  They've got some structural issues, but they're really fun to build, and more enjoyable to transform than the DX.

• 2 months later...

So, any word that this Valkyrie will see more releases? Since the Macross Delta movie and word of another, a single release seems disappointing. I love the unique nature of this design and hope that I can convince my wife to let me get one soon, if still available at reasonable prices.

Twich

13 minutes ago, twich said:

So, any word that this Valkyrie will see more releases? Since the Macross Delta movie and word of another, a single release seems disappointing. I love the unique nature of this design and hope that I can convince my wife to let me get one soon, if still available at reasonable prices.

Twich

Have you watched the transformation video? That thing is super complicated. 

Edited by t040484
Typo

I love the 262, it's been the closest valk ever to get a second copy (still haven't pulled the trigger).

- Extremely Unique transformation (the arms, the shape of the head, the position of the head)

- Amazingly balanced. 

- Articulation Range

- It even has a freaking sword!

I'm literally looking for any excuse to have more of them. Give me Hernan, Xao, a white 262, anything please!

6 minutes ago, Arkham said:

- It even has a freaking sword!

I'm literally looking for any excuse to have more of them. Give me Hernan, Xao, a white 262, anything please!

Just so you know, you're not going to have the freaking sword, until you buy the Lil Draken & Missile Pod option set.  :rolleyes:

And yes, I'm still waiting for Elvis Draken. ;)

Enough of those VF-1's, Bandai. And release the Elvis Draken, now! :aggressive:

That didn’t seem to diminish the demand for the VF-31A or the super armor parts success for the 31-S and its subsequently massive mark up , thereafter..

But compared to Frontier and just about everything else Macross, I’m sure you’re right. The Drakken just didn’t get the love..

I’m much more hardcore with my 1/72 collection these days and I snatched it up as soon as it came out in that scale..

Edited by Bolt

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

It doesn't help that Delta was a terrible show. 

I laughed when the draken appeared and it was wielding a freaking sword!! Ugh, I thought, this whole knights of the kingdom thing and sword is just so un-Macross. 

But months after the Sv-262s release I ended up getting an unused one on Mandarake. Simply because of my curiosity in the unorthodox transformation that we have never seen before. (Or probably never will again). 

41 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I laughed when the draken appeared and it was wielding a freaking sword!! Ugh, I thought, this whole knights of the kingdom thing and sword is just so un-Macross. 

But months after the Sv-262s release I ended up getting an unused one on Mandarake. Simply because of my curiosity in the unorthodox transformation that we have never seen before. (Or probably never will again). 

So what’s your verdict then on the DX Draken? Is it still laughable after?

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So what’s your verdict then on the DX Draken? Is it still laughable after?

Ignoring the storyline and judging from the mecha design perspective, it was a very bold move away from the range of VF-25 to VF-31 line,  and it features some pretty crazy engineering on Bandai’s part in bringing the design to a real figure. 

I’m glad that I was able to look past the silly storyline behind this unit, and learned to appreciate a very nice valk design. 

It is probably the most original transforming valk toy design we have seen in years, since the VF-4G, IMO.