Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

10 hours ago, dizman said:

If Bandai do release the movie version Ba I could see them making it a website exclusive so they could keep prices high and production numbers down. If that's the case I hope it comes with the leg missile packs....

No leg missile packs, but it will come with the Drakkens!

(The above is a joke)

Wowza, finally found the time to transform it to battroid mode and really it has blown me away. Probably my favorite valk in terms of transformation now. Admittedly it's a bit complicated but it is very well constructed with so much detail and tampo print. A shame it didn't do well on the market but this is a massive leap forward compared to the broken mess that was the 171. My only issue is the way the wings are just left there, but that's really symptomatic of the recent Kawamori designs. This is now my #2 after the 21/22. Love it!

ulroMP8.jpg?1

40 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Seriously, who hates the DX Draken? ^_^ 

Well, enough people aren't thrilled that it's retailing ¥4,000 or so below MSRP and is still easily available.

I like mine though, and wish they'd release another so I can have multiple in different poses (without having multiple Keiths).

Edited by Sanity is Optional

I think the focus of the 31 took demand away from the draken for the moment. Not everyone can afford so many Dx'es in a short period.

Other than that tho, the draken is the first and only single thruster valk in toy form from kawamori-san/bandai, ever since the original SDFM series.
Definitely a must buy, even if its just for having a complete evolution of kawamori-san's design. :p

Edited by seti88

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Seriously, who hates the DX Draken? ^_^ 

Me. Sorry!

As a rule I usually don't like enemy mecha, the only exception being the 27 which I love. The 21 isn't bad, but would not be a must have in my collection.

The Draken does nothing for me, at all, and from a design standpoint I really don't like it. 

^_^

-b.

I know that the SV-262 is not to everyones' cup of tea, however there are some things that have crossed my mind if Roid's does get released (either in the Decultured format or the plain Jane one).

• Most likely that the additional add-on set with the Lil'Drakens will be re-coloured and re-released, however I don't see it becoming a regular on the Decultured one (unless the ishta is painted on the missile pack doors).  
  • How would the tampos/paint chips be amended on the valk if one so has the itch to fiddle around with it (or not and just put it in the display case upon getting a copy). 

Edit: Hopefully to see if the Draken has more love when the movie does get released (or not). -_-

Edited by borgified

• 2 weeks later...

Morning chaps,

Would anyone be kind enough to share a picture with the details of the wing articulation in battroid mode? (the very complex one that has 2 metal circles nearby)

I've been struggling for a couple of hours, and I'm pretty sure that I got it wrong, as if I continue, it will break some other wing articulation .

Thanks!

59 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Morning chaps,

Would anyone be kind enough to share a picture with the details of the wing articulation in battroid mode? (the very complex one that has 2 metal circles nearby)

I've been struggling for a couple of hours, and I'm pretty sure that I got it wrong, as if I continue, it will break some other wing articulation .

Thanks!

Are you asking about the wing roots that has two hinges or some sort? I'm at work right now. If it is, please check out Jenius transformation video below around 15:22.

Or Veef's transformation here at 26:30:

From Bandai Channel at 8:22.

Edited by no3Ljm

9 minutes ago, Arkham said:

hey man,

Yes, "hinge" would be the word missing. Also I've seen the videos a couple of times, but still unable to see those for Battroid :(

I added Veef's transformation video and the one from Bandai Channel. Let me know if they included proper instructions on the wing hinges.

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, Arkham said:

Morning chaps,

Thanks!

Give Wotafa's review a try, this will also help. I believe that you're are looking at the timeframe of 8:00mins and possibly onwards.

Note that he gives a clearer description of what you're going to see upon transformation. I've also read and know that his transformation guide to MMC's version of Overlord due to the fact that I have bought a copy last year and has made it clearer than reading and following the instruction booklet.

On 2017-12-29 at 11:29 PM, Bishop said:

I was able to transform mine in battroid mode, but to transform it back in fighter, the arms dont want to lift before rotation. it seems tight, perhaps stuck. any advice? (i check anymoon's video, but his copy seems to be looser than mine) 

I was able to figure it out. The joint was extremely tight... I was careful not to apply too much force while pulling and finally the joint got loose somehow. Love the sv-262, but wow, that was stressful!  

2 hours ago, Arkham said:

Thanks a lot!

Wotafa had a perfect shot an explanation about the whole wing root mechanism. Draken III is indeed plastic origami

Glad it worked out fine. Yes, a plastic origami indeed. It what makes transforming the Draken unique. ^_^ 

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Sildani said:

It’s going around, but I figure I’d put this pic into the correct thread. From the newly released Macross Delta movie:

19FFB553-7E72-49EC-94DD-3E850576DE0E.jpeg

Thanks for the better quality image.

Text says they found it somewhere, Mirage put in her personal code, and it changed to her colors because it has optical camoflauge.

Ah. Didn’t know that a personal code for markings was a thing, or that a  Windemearan Draken could accept it. The more you know...

Nice to see Mirage has enough whimsy in the movie to bother with her code, too. 

54 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

Sometimes i wonder with modern macross if priority is telling a solid story or sell sell sell valks. 

Rule of thumb. It's always been a commercial for toys and merchandise whether the story is good or bad.

Since Delta Platoon has gotten hand of two stray Lil'Drakens (possibly that Reina has reprogrammed them) for Messer's use on his 31F valk in the trailers, I'm sure that Reina has also reprogrammed the Draken that they acquired for Mirage's use.

I'm sure that a beacon is used so that Mirage doesn't get shot down by friendly fire upon battle.

Note: Don't forget that the flight program/codes from Messer's 31F was uploaded into Hayate's 31J Kei during the latter parts of the series.

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Thanks for the better quality image.

Text says they found it somewhere, Mirage put in her personal code, and it changed to her colors because it has optical camoflauge.

Nothing says camouflage like bright purple! :lol:

5 hours ago, RealJayDee said:

Sometimes i wonder with modern macross if priority is telling a solid story or sell sell sell valks. 

Obviously sell, sell, sell stuff. It's a damn shame they can't tell an interesting story and sell merchandise. It's not as if the two are mutually exclusive.

A pity Mirage never had her own insignia. That Draken shield is looking real bland.

Maybe they should have had Mirage's 31 with Lildrakens and Hayate get a 262Ba instead. That way they could have used the Knight/Reaper insignia on the shield. I imagine a Draken in the main hero's colors would sell really well too.

So, as silly as the whole "personal camouflage" thing sounds on the surface (hah), I actually love the idea of Mirage getting enough spotlight in the movie to garner her own new valk.  And it really does make technological sense in this case, since the Drakens look like they're covered in projector screens, so a new camo pattern is probably as simple as loading a picture of the valk in MS Paint and using the paint bucket on panels (which, this scheme looks like she did :lol:). 

I'd imagine anything fancier would take loading pre-planned artwork.