Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

I actually looked at that VF-171 on Manda that's $340.00 CND upon conversion. Too rich for my blood.. :(  For that price, I could actually get the Draken and the add-ons together as a complete set (which I'm currently leaning towards)..

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I actually looked at that VF-171 on Manda that's $340.00 CND upon conversion. Too rich for my blood.. :(  For that price, I could actually get the Draken and the add-ons together as a complete set (which I'm currently leaning towards)..

Just remember, that vf 171 also comes with the armor parts which for me is a better treat than a drakken w missile pods, ghosts and a sword. 

Anyway, both are nice valks so any choice here is a good choice.

31 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

Just remember, that vf 171 also comes with the armor parts which for me is a better treat than a drakken w missile pods, ghosts and a sword. 

Anyway, both are nice valks so any choice here is a good choice.

Yeah, the armor parts in Delta were pretty underwhelming. Then again, so was the lack of missile massacre and the combat scenes...

4 hours ago, spanner said:

hehe! and here I am still wanting more of them! I'm still not completely happy how it locked together in fighter mode. Might have to do another transformation cycle and see if it locks together any better. Also broke the right hand thumb off.. again.. ffs <_<

I think it took me two or three cycles between the modes to actually get the correct sequence down of repositioning the belly plate and wing hinges.  And it still scares me that something in there is just going to snap off from grinding on those metal spring pins.  This is pretty much why I have two of them, so I can leave them in their respective modes permanently.

It's not nearly as sturdy, but the transformation on the 1/72 262 kits is several orders of magnitude simpler.  Just need to glue a few parts on that like popping off, and reinforce the undersides of the wing supports, since they seem to have a serious weakness along a molding flow line or something.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think it took me two or three cycles between the modes to actually get the correct sequence down of repositioning the belly plate and wing hinges.  And it still scares me that something in there is just going to snap off from grinding on those metal spring pins.  This is pretty much why I have two of them, so I can leave them in their respective modes permanently.

It's not nearly as sturdy, but the transformation on the 1/72 262 kits is several orders of magnitude simpler.  Just need to glue a few parts on that like popping off, and reinforce the undersides of the wing supports, since they seem to have a serious weakness along a molding flow line or something.

yeah maybe I need to get a few more transformations under my belt before things really start to click.. at the moment it looks ok but I know it could be done better.

I had considered getting one of the 1:72 kit Drakens to mess about with before the DX version released but never got there.. Definitely wouldn't do that now.

Though I had considered getting another DX Draken considering they aren't making any effort to release another variant. Will see what happens.

It might be worth getting a second, since they don't seem to be selling very well.  Really looking like Bandai's probably going to want to go the same route they did with Grace's VF-27, and sell the Ba as a web exclusive, maybe with swappable parts for the assorted squadron members... but I have no idea if that's even possible, because it would take a major redesign of the valk to allow that.

I will say though that the 1/72 kit is actually pretty enjoyable to transform.  It's not perfect transformation, but with a little modding, you could probably manage to get a pair of hands permanently mounted.  The whole system of pivots for the wings just works better on the kit, because they didn't go so bonkers with the multi-jointed linkages.

7 hours ago, raptormesh said:

I found one opened, box damage for 10k on Mandarake. Just got shipped but I'm kinda worried it has defects or stained as the price is kinda low. Ugh the trepidation. 

5 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Don't worry.i got two of those 10k from Mandarake. The only problem I  got was paint scratches due to transformation. The recent box Bandai released are really good and can take more beating than the frontier stuffs.

4 hours ago, raptormesh said:

Ah, that's nice to know. Still, fingers crossed, bit of a gamble. 

3 hours ago, RealJayDee said:

Dont worry, consider them as battle damage.

@raptormesh: You have actually got a good deal for the SV-262 (I see that their asking 17K for most of them). If there was additional damage, Manda would tell it on the description and photograph each damage that was noted.  

13 hours ago, borgified said:

@raptormesh: You have actually got a good deal for the SV-262 (I see that their asking 17K for most of them). If there was additional damage, Manda would tell it on the description and photograph each damage that was noted.  

The 17k is for a new unopened copy though :). Yeah hoping the bird's alright. 

21 hours ago, raptormesh said:

She's here! Love the arrowhead design. 

Great shot, I may have to transform my 262 back to fighter because of it.

3 hours ago, mechaninac said:

I'd love it if they would announce a release for the Standard Production Model SV-262Ba variant, myself.  I have zero interest in the "White Dingo"/Vegas Elvis version.

Same here, the Ba is what I've wanted most since the Hs was released. I keep hoping the movie will see one released but probably not with how the Keith custom sold.  Course I'm always in for a White Dingo custom of anything so I wouldn't rule that out either :p

3 hours ago, mechaninac said:

I have zero interest in the "White Dingo"/Vegas Elvis version.

yea that white dingo is terrible! pffft....

Spoiler

hopes no pre-order rush! hopes no p-bandai lottery!
just speaking for myself and no way insinuating you shld like it hehe.....

11 minutes ago, seti88 said:

what the heck is going on?!

Hide contents

Untitled-2.jpg.91b5712eb007fbecb04beb49d9438b39.jpg

stock up on the lil drakens set?

and...the re-tweaked ba scheme, green and black instead of silver! me likey!

Untitled-3.jpg.cda77d839606a55f222b0113d5fd7df3.jpg

The re-done scheme might explain the wait to release the Ba version?

WTF on the 31 with Drakkens though, there's not hardpoints available for that at all.

Spoiler

If there was a joint venture between the Ariel knights and the Delta Platoon, then there might be a possibility of the Lil' Drakens being carried by the VF-31.

As for the Green/Black Drakens, isn't that a possibility of the mass released version that Berger promised to Windermere in order to strengthen the air force in one episode? Looks like the colour of the Grace O'Conner's mass production VF-27 in Frontier (I could be wrong).

Edited by borgified

10 hours ago, borgified said:

Have you gotten the chance to change it to gerwalk/battriod mode (or you left it as is)? Any visible paint chips/scratches that you have noted since you have gotten it in hand. 

Yeah transformed it to gerwalk thanks to Wotafa's video, took the better part of an hour. Probably the most complex transformation I have done, and a bit overdesigned if I'm honest. Once you get the hang of it I assume it'll go much easier though. That said, the transformation is quite ingenious though I will still give the champion mass shifting trick to the 21/22. 

No scratches to be seen so far. Will swap it to battroid tonight. 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Just another thought.. Can this be the twin's, and Bogue's Draken (don't know of Hermann's or Kassum's version)?

Edit: @raptormesh: Getting the add-ons or are you going to leave it for now?

Nah usually don't have interest with addons or anything that would spoil the wings :) .

I can get behind the green and black scheme, maybe they had issues with silver paint?  The gold seemed to give them a decent amount of trouble on Keith's.

At this point I don't really care what it looks like, just release one already. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(As a side note, it seems like the manual code for smileys is broken?)

Edited by Chronocidal

36 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I can get behind the green and black scheme, maybe they had issues with silver paint?  The gold seemed to give them a decent amount of trouble on Keith's.

At this point I don't really care what it looks like, just release one already. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

(As a side note, it seems like the manual code for smileys is broken?)

Smileys works fine for me after I press the spacebar. I added a space on your post above so it's showing 2 smileys. I'm using Safari via iPad as of now. :rolleyes: 

20 hours ago, seti88 said:

and...the re-tweaked ba scheme, green and black instead of silver! me likey!Untitled-3.jpg.cda77d839606a55f222b0113d5fd7df3.jpg

If this Ba ends up more of a low-vis scheme, I might bite so I can pair it with Kairos. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

40 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I know I'll end up getting one, the only question on my mind is if I want to buy it straight off, or wait until after release and try and save some money (assuming it goes down like the other 262).

That’s most of our dilemma. So if you want some peace of mind, you buy it straight off. If you want to save and wait, you gamble. ^_^

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That’s most of our dilemma. So if you want some peace of mind, you buy it straight off. If you want to save and wait, you gamble. ^_^

As per the old adage goes "It depends on the luck of the draw and if you're lucky or not".

On a unrelated note: This reminds me of when Lando lost the Falcon on a game of Sabbac to Han and Lando jokingly accuses Han of stealing his ship in SW: ESB upon greeting Chewie, Han, R2, 3PO and Leia on Cloud City.