Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

1 hour ago, Arkham said:

Sigh, amiami NEW 262 is no longer available :(

I'm seeing Mandarake now... it says "

Condition

Unopened, package damaged

Has anyone used Mandarake before and can ship in about what to expect from that phrase? Also, since there is tons of stores to choose, any particular one to avoid or to prefer when it comes to international shipping?

Thanks!

Basically, you can expect scuffing to the package, maybe corners dented very slightly. It's basically just shelf wear. If there's actual notable damage to the box they'll say as much and usually show pictures of it, but a general "package damaged" like that basically comes down to simple shelfwear from the corners bumping on things, minor scuffing from being moved around, etc. The item inside should be untouched and as fine as ever.

27 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

Basically, you can expect scuffing to the package, maybe corners dented very slightly. It's basically just shelf wear. If there's actual notable damage to the box they'll say as much and usually show pictures of it, but a general "package damaged" like that basically comes down to simple shelfwear from the corners bumping on things, minor scuffing from being moved around, etc. The item inside should be untouched and as fine as ever.

Ty so much!

12 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Ty so much!

Welcome. I've never personally had issue with any of my orders from Mandarake in regards to packaging quality or the contents of them. They're extremely specific about what they'll take and if anything over-zealous in how they state the quality of the item and its packaging. Any sort of wear is "packaging damaged" to them and unless it's absurdly rare any sort of damage to the item itself or missing pieces usually disqualifies it from being bought by them.

Edited by Atheonyirh

I've been reading through this thread and also the VF-31 back to back as the enemy Valks always have gotten more of my attention. The pics of the Draken and the little ones have made it hard to deicide to either get this or the VF-31C. The upcoming SV-51 makes more temping to pair up the two SV's together.  

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

I've been reading through this thread and also the VF-31 back to back as the enemy Valks always have gotten more of my attention. The pics of the Draken and the little ones have made it hard to deicide to either get this or the VF-31C. The upcoming SV-51 makes more temping to pair up the two SV's together.  

But just so you know, right now, the DX Draken is cheaper to get than the DX VF-31's. Just sayin'. ^_^

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Man, every time this thread gets bumped, I'm scrambling to see if there's any news of the Ba variants yet. :sad: 

Honestly, although I’ve been holding out for a Ba model, the fact that the Hs model is price dumping so hard is really making me question my resolve. I mean, what I really want most is the airframe and transformation mechanism, if you know what I mean. I have ZERO loyalty to any Aerial Knight’s scheme. 

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

But just so you know, right now, the DX Draken is cheaper to get than the DX VF-31's. Just sayin'. ^_^

I've been looking around and you're right. The Draken is cheaper than compared to the VF-31s as they are the focal points (with their valks in tow) in the storyline and rest of the other valks are minor characters (or Bantha fodder in the Star Wars lore).

10 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm still waiting for the Roid Deculture custom.

That would be the creame de la creame in regards of the Drakens as I've seen the 1/72 model kit and it looks impressive. If the approval was given to produce it, I'm sure that a metallic while flaked paint would be used (the other problem would be the paint chips  if changed into either battroid/gerwalk modes).  

16 hours ago, borgified said:

To be honest the 31, as a toy, is implemented better.

3 hours ago, Sildani said:

Metallic flake white paint? Elvis is a Windemerean?

I think that Elvis a template for Roid's valk and that he wants to stand out compared to others. Now the question remains, can Roid belt out the songs and do the obligatory Elvis famous pose in is valk in battriod mode? :p

4 hours ago, borgified said:

I think that Elvis a template for Roid's valk and that he wants to stand out compared to others. Now the question remains, can Roid belt out the songs and do the obligatory Elvis famous pose in is valk in battriod mode? :p

Are you referring to his 'karate' pose moves or cape spread open pose? Since it's the metallic flaky white, means we're talking about Elvis the Vegas years, right? And not some of his pose back in the 50's and 60's? Just clarifying. ^_^

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Are you referring to his 'karate' pose moves or cape spread open pose? Since it's the metallic flaky white, means we're talking about Elvis the Vegas years, right? And not some of his pose back in the 50's and 60's? Just clarifying. ^_^

The man himself with the flowing cape during the Vegas years. Hmm.. I'm sure that someone can do a digibash of Roid's valk a la Elvis style. ;)

One a side note and talking about Elvis, I saw Blade Runner 2049 (in 3D) two weeks ago. K and Deckard's skirmish in the theater with the holo Elvis playing was quite fitting.

Edited by borgified

@Xigfrid: If Roid's Draken does get issued, would you have it in the plain Jane version or in the DeCultured scheme like in the Hasawaga 1/72 kit? I think that the one with the Mikumo would be the instant seller.  :D As for the other versions (Bogue, Cassim et all), it will be depending on how the Keith and Roid will go sales wise.

Pic from Amiami of the 1/72 Deculture model Kit.

TOY-RBT-4288_02.jpg

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I would be pleasantly surprised if they do, considering the yf-19 and vf-1 announcements for next year...

Unless bandai does a double DX release around the 31A in april...

yeah sure thing! I don't mind if they add another Valkyrie to the mix by then! 

20 minutes ago, spanner said:

yeah sure thing! I don't mind if they add another Valkyrie to the mix by then! 

23 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I would be pleasantly surprised if they do, considering the yf-19 and vf-1 announcements for next year...

Unless bandai does a double DX release around the 31A in april...

What yf-19 and  vf-1 announcements?!!!

On 12/9/2017 at 3:15 PM, borgified said:

@Xigfrid: If Roid's Draken does get issued, would you have it in the plain Jane version or in the DeCultured scheme like in the Hasawaga 1/72 kit? I think that the one with the Mikumo would be the instant seller.  :D As for the other versions (Bogue, Cassim et all), it will be depending on how the Keith and Roid will go sales wise.

Pic from Amiami of the 1/72 Deculture model Kit.

TOY-RBT-4288_02.jpg

I really, really hope Bandai releases that itasha scheme as a DX!

@Lolicon: I don't remember seeing a valk that has full itsha scheme in 1/60 scale or am I wrong? It's somehow reserved for the 1/72 model kits only to the best of my knowledge.

EDIT: If they made the Roid one in like the Hasawaga kit in 1/60, will the MSRP be close to the Messer's VF-31F valk (or not)?   

Edited by borgified

I think the only one somewhat close is one of the VF-171EX releases that came with a Sheryl print on the backplate. 

Not going to lie, the Mikumo art is nice, but I don't want it anywhere near a Valkyrie.  Plus, that particular picture is a painful reminder of exactly how many sharks were lined up for the plot to jump over. :p 

I just want Bandai to get on with it, and release at least one of the green 262s, I don't even care which one at this point.  The white Roid version would be great for customizing I guess, but the idea of disassembling a 262 to paint it and reassembling it without destroying the paint job sounds like a nightmarish task.

The fact that @Chronocidal finds itasha schemes so offensive only makes me want it more. :wub:

33 minutes ago, borgified said:

@Lolicon: I don't remember seeing a valk that has full itsha scheme in 1/60 scale or am I wrong? It's somehow reserved for the 1/72 model kits only to the best of my knowledge.

Bandai's only released such schemes as model kits. And dealing with Bandai's poor quality decals is too much of an ordeal. I'd rather they just release it as a web exclusive DX and just print the images on.

21 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The fact that @Chronocidal finds itasha schemes so offensive only makes me want it more. :wub:

Bandai's only released such schemes as model kits. And dealing with Bandai's poor quality decals is too much of an ordeal. I'd rather they just release it as a web exclusive DX and just print the images on.

You're welcome to it!  I have a hard enough time explaining what "UN SPACY" means to my co-workers as it is, I don't need scantily clad anime women dancing across my model aircraft shelf. :lol:  Now, a full sized wall scroll of that artwork on the other hand.. ^_^ 

You do make an excellent point about the decals being terrible, though I don't think I'd ever risk transforming an itasha valk to begin with.

whilst doing a little dusting in my Macross display cabinets I thought it would be a great idea to switch the Draken from Battroid back to fighter.. wow what a painful experience that was. Thank goodness for Jenius transformation videos or else I'd have hurled that bloody thing at the wall. 

23 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Never say never with Bandai, there was this Sheryl DX VF-171 one day :)maruyamacustom1.jpg

7 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Jenuis' transformation videos really DO help me keep my Valks from going into walls as I don't transform them but like twice a year ...maybe...:lol:

hehe! and here I am still wanting more of them! I'm still not completely happy how it locked together in fighter mode. Might have to do another transformation cycle and see if it locks together any better. Also broke the right hand thumb off.. again.. ffs <_<