Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

11 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I got mine, though I am slightly regretting the pre-order and full retail I paid.

Why regret? Nobody can predict this will become a shelf-warmer or something.

Which is worse? Paying the full MSRP? Or pay extra half the price or double of the MSRP from 2nd party sellers because it's already sold out?

Atleast, you already secured one no matter what's going to happen after the initial release. Just saying'. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Why regret? Nobody can predict this will become a shelf-warmer or something.

Which is worse? Paying the full MSRP? Or pay extra half the price or double of the MSRP from 2nd party sellers because it's already sold out?

Atleast, you already secured one no matter what's going to happen after the initial release. Just saying'. ^_^

Eh, there's always time for regret when you're spending a couple hundred. Or at least there ought to be, otherwise you end up just buying everything without thinking too much...

The impulse buying is bad enough already.

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Eh, there's always time for regret when you're spending a couple hundred. Or at least there ought to be, otherwise you end up just buying everything without thinking too much...

The impulse buying is bad enough already.

Understood. But what I'm just saying is that since I'm paying them a couple of hundred, I'll make sure that I will just get what I want so that I will not regret later whether I got it MSRP or feel bad later on because I paid overprice when the item becomes a shelf-warmer. I went for this game, that's addiction to me, but I have to make sure also when to stop. It helps too if you use a shop that accepts cancellation. That way, if you just preorder it out of impulse, then atleast you still have time to cancel it if you think everything rationally afterwards. The good thing here is atleast you secure one esp those hard to get general releases without thinking too much about the availability afterwards once it gets released. And whether the price will go up or down. 

Anyways, to make the story short, don't ruin your hobby because of regrets esp when you found out that some prices are going down knowing you paid it in full price beforehand. ^_^

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Eh, I don't regret many purchases, but the SV-262 for all of the shiny tampo printing, just wasn't that great of a design.

Now the VF-31 Hayate, and the upcoming 31A, those I won't regret.

No offense meant. I didn't mean that you regret your purchases. I just replied to your earlier post about regretting that you somehow paid the Draken in full retail price since it become a shelf-warmer and prices on most shops are lower than MSRP. But now saying that it wasn't that great of a design for you, that is something else.

12 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I got mine, though I am slightly regretting the pre-order and full retail I paid.

I actually like the add-on pack. Delta was sorely lacking in the missile department, which the missile packs fix.

I was a bit disappointed in the lil' drakens, the Ghosts in my renewal RVF-25 super pack look much better, but that's more a design issue with the drone itself.

Just wanted to add a few pics to better describe my particular gripes with the parts, specifically the missile packs. Hopefully they speak for themselves but my issue is with the way the doors fit, the sprue marks, and the paint application. 

I'll stress again, I do actually like them, I just am not sure what happened in the QC department for these things. 

Sprue marks on the edges of the doors (front and back, the removed door is similar):

IMG_20171003_141956.jpg

The shape of the door doesn't seem to allow for the contour of the body of the pack, with the missiles peaking out from the gap here:

IMG_20171003_143803.jpg

A shot of the edge of the gold, showing the gappiness of the pain app at the back here:

IMG_20171003_143831.jpg

A (bad) closeup of the gold paint.  This doesn't appear to be paint that has flaked off, either.  It's just been applied poorly from what I can see.

IMG_20171003_141731.jpg

Anyone else notice this sort of thing?

Edited by mickyg

• 2 weeks later...

Hooray for snail mail! Just got my 262 missile packs in, after a little fiddling they locked into the legs no problem. Still not sure if I like the look of them opened in battroid, make the legs look a little too big. 

So I guess the only chance we have for a 262 Ba at this point is if the movie does well?

I've got my Draken III, and it's beautiful. I do have to say though, I'm not having a ton of fun with transformation, not because the thing is a rubix cube, but because of how stiff some of the joints are, and how close some of the paint apps get during transformation. It's harrowing...

• 2 weeks later...

Woohoo!!!  Finally got my LilDrakens - took over 2 months by Eco-SAL from NY (note to Canadians, Canada Post does not support tracking, so once it left Japan which only took 3 days there is no more tracking information for Eco SAL - it spent almost 2 months in Canada somewhere! - our postal system sucks!).  Never will I cheap out again on shipping - argh.  Yep slightly underwhelmed, might feel differently when I put it on the actual bird, but the drones are a bit bulky/fatter than I expected.  Like the RVF-25 drones better - designwise.

Edited by wm cheng

2 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Woohoo!!!  Finally got my LilDrakens - took over 2 months by Eco-SAL from NY (note to Canadians, Canada Post does not support tracking, so once it left Japan which only took 3 days there is no more tracking information for Eco SAL - it spent almost 2 months in Canada somewhere! - our postal system sucks!).  Never will I cheap out again on shipping - argh.  Yep slightly underwhelmed, might feel differently when I put it on the actual bird, but the drones are a bit bulky/fatter than I expected.  Like the RVF-25 drones better - designwise.

I'll admit that the LillDrakens don't add much in play value, but it does seem to make the toy seem complete. Especially given that the Anime never really shows the Sv-262 without the stuff in the LillDraken add on pack. I really wish that Bandai would just bundle these things and release the whole thing as one, especially in those cases where the add on parts are seen just as much as the fighter (Like the Super Parts on the VF-25's). 

On 10/28/2017 at 7:09 AM, wm cheng said:

I don't think the drones are properly sized for the toy.  Fhen again I don't think the transformation of the 262 is accurate either.

On 28/10/2017 at 9:09 PM, wm cheng said:

Yup. Canada Post historically sucks donkey balls. =) But you should be glad at least you received it in the end. I've had two shipments just disappear on me before. The shipments just leave USA, arrive in the Richmond BC sorting facility and it just disappears and never appears on my doorstep and I'm only in Vancouver!!

12 hours ago, biggooftoybox said:

Yup. Canada Post historically sucks donkey balls. =) But you should be glad at least you received it in the end. I've had two shipments just disappear on me before. The shipments just leave USA, arrive in the Richmond BC sorting facility and it just disappears and never appears on my doorstep and I'm only in Vancouver!!

Wow!  That really sucks - especially being on the west coast I'd thought you would have a much better chance of getting anything than us in the east coast.

I do like the drones attached to the Draken, its unique, however they do seem a bit oversized - and I wished Bandai designed the wing pivot differently to not need the clear support which was clearly an afterthought.

Overall I'm really happy with my Sv-262. I'm really glad I decided to get the Parts to go with it, even if they don't really add that much. I was happy to have the Missile pods, sword, and solid shield. The LillDrakens were not the primary reason I got them, but they do complete the toy so I'm happy.

59 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai valkyries are always designed from the ground up to easily handle any add-on parts without the need for additional attachments or risk of damage to the valkyrie itself. 

Isn't there some emoji for sarcasm?! :rolleyes: