Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

I adore that they added the extra paint on the missile warheads.

Those is the extra little TLC that I love and something that was missing from the other releases (with the exception if the Armored VF-25 and YF-30).

The fact that the green from the missiles goes on to the base of the bay not so much.

I did my 2nd transformation to Gerwalk as well putting on the Missile Parts, and I still have to watch the Jenius video to do it, but I don't mind the Drakken transformation, it is complex, but somehow strangely satisfying to me...not like certain VF-171's of the past...that i would prefer to hurl against a wall rather than transform again...

18 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

I haven't transformed since getting the parts set. That is an intimidating look for gerwalk. Gorgeous pics as always. Thanks for inspiration!

Thanks @ChaoticYeti!  It looks extremely lethal in Gerwalk mode.  I tried to position the wings below the shoulders armor, but the Lill Drakens would always cause the wings to rotate down.  Post up some pics!

[Update] Battraoid photos are done.

36989354676_ed1a30e519_h.jpg

36989352876_c35a1e1700_h.jpg

36989351106_c71fec679e_h.jpg

36989348846_857e6302a1_h.jpg

36989346806_e69ae9306f_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo

15 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I did my 2nd transformation to Gerwalk as well putting on the Missile Parts, and I still have to watch the Jenius video to do it, but I don't mind the Drakken transformation, it is complex, but somehow strangely satisfying to me...not like certain VF-171's of the past...that i would prefer to hurl against a wall rather than transform again...

Well, that's good to hear, I've been thinking of transforming mine for the first time into gerwalk with drakkens and missiles. I remember the used VF-171Ex that showed up mostly in fighter mode, and the hours I spent getting the arms in place.

18 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Yup, hurled against the wall... rip VF-171, but not really. I hated you with a passion.  

2 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Geez, anybody hates their 171's THAT much, send them my way!

And lovely pics, Saburo!

Ditto!  My 9 year old son likes it the best out of my 6 or so different types of valks too.  I get the frustration but it sure is a nice thing to look at.

I can't believe how great your Gerwalk Draken looks, Saburo.  Looking forward to getting my add-on sets too, now!

Thanks everyone! I am glad you all liked the pics, they turned out pretty well.  Gerwalk was the trickiest to take pics of because when ever I would adjust the pose, the Lill Draken's weight would shift the wing and would cause, the shoulder armor to move out place, the wing would rotate to point down, or even cause the wing top drop so that the would not be even height.  Those are just the few of the things that would happen when taking pics. :lol: Still an awesome toy and love how it looks. 

Now onto the newest arrival that will go into the studio for photos.

Edited by Saburo

I'm still waiting on my Lil drakens from EMS. Its been eight days since its been shipped out and still no news of its arrival at our Post office. I wonder if the recent typhoons affected shipping? Anyone else having delayed shipment from EMS Japan?

UPDATE:

Sorry, my bad. Apparently, I shipped my package via SAL. Guess its going to be a while longer before I get to play with these. :-(

Edited by brouken

Man I had a hell of a time getting one of the missile packs on the leg.  I had one that would not go on the "bottom" when in fighter, but only on the top.  The other missile pack snapped into either slot.  Handling this thing again reminded me of how little it locks together.  The missile packs are the first "armor" design that feels like intentional paid DLC, they should not be removable at all, should just be a part of the valk.

3 hours ago, auberondreaming said:

Man I had a hell of a time getting one of the missile packs on the leg.  I had one that would not go on the "bottom" when in fighter, but only on the top.  The other missile pack snapped into either slot.  Handling this thing again reminded me of how little it locks together.  The missile packs are the first "armor" design that feels like intentional paid DLC, they should not be removable at all, should just be a part of the valk.

So, I didn't even look at the instructions or parts when I put mine on, they kinda just went on with a little pressure.

After they're mounted, I glance at the instructions, and realize there are supposed to be differences in the top and bottom panels.  Go to check, and find out that just out of pure chance, I put them all in the right place.  :blink: 

But yeah.  If you pull the silver door panels forward, it uncovers a marking indicating which ones are for the top, and which for the bottom of the fighter.  Think top is a triangle, while bottom is a triangle with a bar under it.

I will say that the missile packs feel like a really natural addition to the design though.  They bulk it up some, but it actually feels like they streamline the overall profile better.

Putting them on correctly was discussed a couple of pages back, yes, they have tiny markings to tell top from bottom when the silver parts are slid forward, also, I opened the doors in order to press down on the missiles themselves to get the pegs to lock in, so as not to put a lot of pressure on those doors... 

Edited by derex3592

I thought it was a design flawed at first, looking at the instruction sheet, it shows the top two pieces are with the arrows marking and the other two pieces are with arrows and an underline markings. I figured, the ones with the underline marking must be for the underside of the aircraft, but could get it to snap on, I keep pressing it down, but it wouldn't stay. So I read a few pages back, I think it was derex3592 mentioned about he marking and sliding it to make the click.

So, I place the missile pod on top, slide back and there's the click, done. This valk looks so much better with the missile pods in place, now bring on the Elvis Valk.

BTW: Saburo, your photos are stunning as ever, keep'em coming.

I don't remember needing to press particularly hard on anything to get them to latch, but after seeing the hook-shaped rear peg, I just automatically hooked in the rear peg, and pressed them rearward and down to get the front pegs in.  Didn't feel like a particularly beefy click when the front pegs settled into place, so I imagine they'll pop out easily enough if you lift the front edge.

On 9/11/2017 at 8:54 PM, Saburo said:

Fighter mode shots processed. Hope you like them.

As side note: This is the 2nd Valk to draw blood from me when setting up for a shoot. :blink:

36989328796_556339dffd_h.jpg

36989321156_b48ad2be74_h.jpg

Did you put something under the rear landing gear to create more clearance? Mine is sitting on my desk right now in this same position and the bottom wings of the Lill Draken are flush with the desk... yours look like they have a CM of clearance.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Did you put something under the rear landing gear to create more clearance? Mine is sitting on my desk right now in this same position and the bottom wings of the Lill Draken are flush with the desk... yours look like they have a CM of clearance.

@jenius Nope there is nothing under the 262 to create clearance, the wings of the Lill Draken are touching the bottom.  Its an optical illusion, since the lower wing is right against the ground the shadow is directly below it so there is no offset for the shadow.  The shadow of the wing you are seeing on the ground is actually being cast by the upper wing.  Some photography and lighting magic. :D

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

@jenius Nope there is nothing under the 262 to create clearance, the wings of the Lill Draken are touching the bottom.  Its an optical illusion, since the lower wing is right against the ground the shadow is directly below it so there is no offset for the shadow.  The shadow of the wing you are seeing on the ground is actually being cast by the upper wing.  Some photography and lighting magic. :D

And this is why you're the master Saburo! You've made me reach a new level of appreciation for your photography. :-)

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

1 hour ago, brouken said:

And this is why you're the master Saburo! You've made me reach a new level of appreciation for your photography. :-)

OMG, Saburo-sama! Kamisama!