Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I've made most my preorders for hundreds of items in the last couple years at NY. I've been asked to pay extra maybe three times, totaling less than $20. If they suck so bad, I wonder why people who complain keep ordering from them?

I'm sure you understand when I say not all of us here are forgiving as you. Not everyone here are the same. Some will be ok with it. And some don't. Now, why do we still order from them? Simple. Because not all the online Japanese shop carries Tamashii Web Exclusives. But I'm sure you knew that already. The point that most of members here says about the practice that Nippon-Yasan does recently for asking extra shipping cost after you pay certain item in full including the initial shipping cost is really incompetent as Lolicon pointed out. They're not doing this before. I've been buying from them since 2013. And only recently, they started doing this. I would rather pay the secured TWE item first and pay the shipping cost afterwards when the item is packed and weighed and ready to ship. That way they will able to give us the correct cost for shipping.

Anyways, this is only my opinion. Last I checked, everyone is still entitled to their opinion, right? And I respect everyone's opinion here. So I'm sure Mechaninac and Lolicon including you, are just expressing about NY's shipping practices and with your it's still less than other shops opinions. After all, it's not MacrossWorld, without this kind of conversation. Peace. ^_^ 

Yeah, it's all just talk and all good. Thing is, NY also recently started having consistently lower prices on almost everything for preorder. I think you need to look at the big picture and maybe consider that one of the reasons they are able to offer such low prices has to do with finding leeway with all expenses, including shipping. Sometimes they might miscalculate something and have to charge a few extra dollars. To me that's not great but acceptable. I'm just grateful there are these businesses that weren't around when I first started collecting going out of their way to allow me to easily buy toys that were not meant for my market. I find annoying quirks with all the major shops we buy from but either I accept their policies or I just don't buy from them. 

Edited by Slave IV

Hey Slave IV, believe me I know exactly how you feel. Sure N-Y isn't perfect, and some detractors even call for them to go out of business. But fact of the matter is that there are more pros to having N-Y around than not, proven by how even these detractors end up buying from N-Y anyway.

I used to try and get people to see the big picture about N-Y before, but unfortunately their opinions haven't changed much in the past 5 years or so. What's even weirder is that some vendors (like HLJ) have gotten worse over the years too, but because of bias, loyal people only focus on their CS and ignore numerous other inconveniences that HLJ has, especially for people like me who don't live in the US.

Everyone can have an opinion, but it just gets super tiring to hear/read the same complaints over and over again, especially from the same people. And it gets even worse when it triggers another cycle of N-Y bashing. 

Edited by ArchieNov

16 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Hey Slave IV, believe me I know exactly how you feel. Sure N-Y isn't perfect, and some detractors even call for them to go out of business. But fact of the matter is that there are more pros to having N-Y around than not, proven by how even these detractors end up buying from N-Y anyway.

I used to try and get people to see the big picture about N-Y before, but unfortunately their opinions haven't changed much in the past 5 years or so. What's even weirder is that some vendors (like HLJ) have gotten worse over the years too, but because of bias, loyal people only focus on their CS and ignore numerous other inconveniences that HLJ has, especially for people like me who don't live in the US.

Everyone can have an opinion, but it just gets super tiring to hear/read the same complaints over and over again, especially from the same people. And it gets even worse when it triggers another cycle of N-Y bashing. 

Exactly! Opinions is opinions but no need to keep complaining about the same thing over and over. What's that saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? I don't care about NY or any of them other than the service they provide me so my loyalty lies solely with who delivers what I want at the lowest price. HLJ is cool and I love their sales but it can be a pain scrolling through pages to find anything. Their payment system has also been steadily getting worse and worse. NY is one of the only shops that lets you pay for any order, anytime you want and use a credit card directly. No need to wait for emails and go through third party payment services. Again, just a discussion and different perspective I think should be shared whenever people start the same old bashing. 

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I've made most my preorders for hundreds of items in the last couple years at NY. I've been asked to pay extra maybe three times, totaling less than $20. If they suck so bad, I wonder why people who complain keep ordering from them?

No choice mainly. LOL!

Exactly! Opinions is opinions but no need to keep complaining about the same thing over and over. What's that saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? I don't care about NY or any of them other than the service they provide me so my loyalty lies solely with who delivers what I want at the lowest price. HLJ is cool and I love their sales but it can be a pain scrolling through pages to find anything. Their payment system has also been steadily getting worse and worse. NY is one of the only shops that lets you pay for any order, anytime you want and use a credit card directly. No need to wait for emails and go through third party payment services. Again, just a discussion and different perspective I think should be shared whenever people start the same old bashing. 

The lesson here is that if you're tired of seeing other people's complains over and over esp from the same people according to you. Then it's best to skip it. Ignore it. Members here are not obligated to answer everyone's comments, opinions, and whatnot everytime. You don't like his complains even if he's entitled to? Skip it. You don't like his post? Ignore it. Go to the next topic. But the moment someone replied to it, then expect that same person or other person will reply back to what you have posted since they want to point out their complaints and opinions. If that happens, then expect the whole shebang will start over again to the point that it's going to blow out of proportion. And some people will start telling again that it's the same people, same complains, same instances, over and over again.

Now, if someone's comment somehow trigger your concern or your righteousness, then it's up to you if you're going to post your opinion which you have the right to. But do remember another person will reply back to your opinion too. This is how forum is. This is why forum is interesting. You read everyone's opinion whether good or bad. And like I said earlier, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But I'm pretty sure you knew that already. Peace. ^_^ 

But back to 262. I agree with you. It's a beauty. I've been transforming one of the two that I have a few times now. And I really like it in Gerwalk mode. Can't wait for the Lil Drakens to come in. ;)

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

The lesson here is that if you're tired of seeing other people's complains over and over esp from the same people according to you. Then it's best to skip it. Ignore it. Members here are not obligated to answer everyone's comments, opinions, and whatnot everytime. You don't like his complains even if he's entitled to? Skip it. You don't like his post? Ignore it. Go to the next topic. But the moment someone replied to it, then expect that same person or other person will reply back to what you have posted since they want to point out their complaints and opinions. If that happens, then expect the whole shebang will start over again to the point that it's going to blow out of proportion. And some people will start telling again that it's the same people, same complains, same instances, over and over again.

Now, if someone's comment somehow trigger your concern or your righteousness, then it's up to you if you're going to post your opinion which you have the right to. But do remember another person will reply back to your opinion too. This is how forum is. This is why forum is interesting. You read everyone's opinion whether good or bad. And like I said earlier, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But I'm pretty sure you knew that already. Peace. ^_^ 

Haha, yeah I get it...been on forums long enough now.:D

Thing is, it's people's opinions and input that helped me and I'm sure others learn about many things regarding the hobby, including where to buy things. So, if someone is going to bash a shop about one thing, I think it's worth discussing and sharing thoughts about why they might have an issue and basically go over all sides possible. I appreciate all I've learned from reading various forums and it would suck for someone new to brush off a great option because of a couple negative comments.

You know...:

35 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Hey, if people are going to state the cons, we gotta have the pros;)

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

But back to 262. I agree with you. It's a beauty. I've been transforming one of the two that I have a few times now. And I really like it in Gerwalk mode. Can't wait for the Lil Drakens to come in. ;)

Nice! I thought it looked better in Gerwalk and especially Battroid mode in pics but seeing how good the Fighter looks in hand, I'm sure I'll be blown away by the other modes. Maybe I'll just wait for the Lil guys to arrive to enjoy it all at once.

6 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Sadly I haven't transformed mine yet either. Or my vf-31f. Man I'm so crazy busy. I'm not sure why I even bother buying valks, never have time to play with them.

haha, yeah life! Work has been killing me and I have two young kids (one of them a baby) so I'm exhausted everyday. I have time to open something and maybe swoosh it around a bit and take a few pics and that's it. I usually transform everything I open right away but I know this one will take some time that I don't currently have. The 262 and MP-36 Megatron are the only figures I have that I didn't transform right away and still haven't.

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! I thought it looked better in Gerwalk and especially Battroid mode in pics but seeing how good the Fighter looks in hand, I'm sure I'll be blown away by the other modes. Maybe I'll just wait for the Lil guys to arrive to enjoy it all at once.

haha, yeah life! Work has been killing me and I have two young kids (one of them a baby) so I'm exhausted everyday. I have time to open something and maybe swoosh it around a bit and take a few pics and that's it. I usually transform everything I open right away but I know this one will take some time that I don't currently have. The 262 and MP-36 Megatron are the only figures I have that I didn't transform right away and still haven't.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. 2 kids under the 4 years. They keep you busy. I actually have a stack of toys that I haven't got to yet.

25 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Yeah I'm in the same boat. 2 kids under the 4 years. They keep you busy. I actually have a stack of toys that I haven't got to yet.

Haha, yeah. Exactly the same situation! My stacks of unopened boxes are taking so much space, I'm getting a bit worried because I have more things coming all the time but no time to open them. 

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Haha, yeah. Exactly the same situation! My stacks of unopened boxes are taking so much space, I'm getting a bit worried because I have more things coming all the time but no time to open them. 

Just a headsup to you guys. I know some of the members here have families and all. So if you bought something from HLJ, make sure you open and inspect it so that if ever there's problems with it, you have 10 days (the moment the package arrived to you) to contact them.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Just a headsup to you guys. I know some of the members here have families and all. So if you bought something from HLJ, make sure you open and inspect it so that if ever there's problems with it, you have 10 days (the moment the package arrived to you) to contact them.

Thanks! I open the shipping boxes to check out because I get so many all the time, I need to know what's arriving. It's the toy boxes themselves that take me a while to get to. I usually try to at least open just to check those too but sometimes I just can't. 

Wow, that's cheap.. I have to wonder if the description is badly phrased, and hope it's not actually broken..

I'm still waiting to see the green pope version though.  The lower prices on these make me worry that it didn't sell that well, but the demand at release seemed to be pretty decent.  I would really hate to see Bandai just abandon the green version.  Have they even teased a display of one yet?

On 8/5/2017 at 0:17 AM, chyll2 said:

No missing parts, no chipped emblem. Box has normal wear and tear but still in good shape (Bandai really did good)

The manual is bent Abit.

you got a very good deal there. ^_^

I got this last week, and while transformation is tough, it is very intuitive. Had a lot of fun transforming it... Nice valk! 

Perhaps I will get the white one - there is one in delta, right?, depending on the price. 

Edit: white one look sweet. Let hope for a dx release. 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10470832/20/1

Edited by Bishop

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Probably people who directly ordered from Tamashii Web. Based on August release schedule, it got released on the 18th. But still that's too early to get available at Mandarake.

Edited by no3Ljm