Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

6 hours ago, Graham said:

For some reason when I see that, the name "Elvis Valk" comes to mind :p

243f2de19c35b2fdbde38d5c2ff8050d.jpg

f012.jpg

So, Elvis IS alive! haha

That color scheme looks pretty good, but now that I have the DX Keith Valk in hand, I'm not sure if I want to another DX SV-262, because these's just too many gap with the connecting panels in fighter mode and I personally like fighter mode the most of any valks. 

So the trick to getting the ankles to peg together fully is that there's an alignment peg on either side of the piece that runs down the center of the fuselage.  It can take some pushing up or down to get those pegs to line up, but once they click into the backs of the lower legs, it makes it clear where the legs are supposed to sit.

I also had to push the shield arm up and down a little to get it to sit correctly between the ankles.  Since there are so many joints in that arm to let it fold, it's got a little wiggle room, and I think it needs to be in a particular place to let the ankles come together fully.

Far as the Elvis valk goes, I'm hoping to get at least one of both the Hs and Ba in white.  Maybe more if I get brave and want to customize one, since they would be the easiest to strip down into a plain white version.

Edited by Chronocidal

Hate to say this, but I if I'm not wrong, this "Elvis valk" ain't DX but rather 1/72 model kit.......

Edit: Oops....just realized someone has already mentioned one page before that this is a kit

Edited by MAC-X

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

I'm curious how well those wings are going to support the lil drakens.

Actually it will support fine. The wings where the Lil Drakens attached to has a retractable hinges. Which somehow locks in place when the wing is folded from the other half. Remember that in the anime the folded wing rotates with the Lil Drakens somehow but in this DX figure it doesn't. Not sure but I don't want to try it. So for curious ones out there, please refrain on doing it, you might end snapping the hinges.  

However, the only downside here is that those folded wings where the Lil Drakens attached to has a tab that locks the whole wing section to the legs. So when those wings are folded the rotating mid part of the wing is just resting on the shin part of the leg. What it means is that the rest of the wing section is not locked in place. A little bump or if the transformation is not lined properly, then the rotating mid section will move or rotate if the rotating joint is already loose.

It would be nice if the area that rest on the leg's shin has potruding section to lock in the front part of the leg, as same as the one that locks the other half, it will help a lot to secure the rest of the wing section when the wing is folded.

IMG_9328.thumb.JPG.71d0dc63d58e0a41b49b78c1c8da5344.JPG

IMG_9329.thumb.JPG.ec5c9ca553b5f1f2e8e30cb2b14747af.JPG

IMG_9330.thumb.JPG.f895b1607e7f9654f641ca60d87d8c14.JPG

IMG_9331.thumb.JPG.cef8f9f36c32bd22f587e358a34c67f6.JPG

IMG_9332.thumb.JPG.f4ac90b82e16b588d3693eae5b212266.JPG

IMG_9333.thumb.JPG.5271c646b5d2609ddfe7f60117e9a262.JPG

10 hours ago, Andy NYK said:

For me, i'm prepared to try using the additional stands to support while on display.1000113244_4.jpg

Ok. So I guess, it's the Lil Draken that do the rotating and not the Draken's wing. Good to confirm that based on this photo. Not a big fan of the Draken Battroid with the Lil Drakens attached to it so I don't need to use those extra support arms. But still not stopping on PO'ing the Lil Draken. Hehehe. :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

One thing they definitely won't be able to do is stay attached if the Draken is on the landing gear.  The 1/72 kits have an extra notch to let the wings tilt inward past vertical, which keeps the little ones from dragging on the ground.  The DX version's wings don't quite make it to vertical. 

Also, I've seen no locking mechanism that'll keep them from flopping down on mine, but maybe I need to look at it a little closer.  Either way, yeah, the entire wing section needs some sort of support if you fold those tips up, there's really nothing to hold them in place.

On 5/17/2017 at 2:02 AM, Chronocidal said:

One thing they definitely won't be able to do is stay attached if the Draken is on the landing gear.  The 1/72 kits have an extra notch to let the wings tilt inward past vertical, which keeps the little ones from dragging on the ground.  The DX version's wings don't quite make it to vertical. 

Also, I've seen no locking mechanism that'll keep them from flopping down on mine, but maybe I need to look at it a little closer.  Either way, yeah, the entire wing section needs some sort of support if you fold those tips up, there's really nothing to hold them in place.

I think Lil Drakens' attachment or not when the Draken is in landing gears are up to our imaginations. Probably they'll just land separately as Lil Drakens do have landing gears themselves.

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

Was the Draken ever shown in landing gears in the show? irc, they are parked using Gerwalk mode.

Can't remember if the landing gear was shown. But I do remember a scene or two that shows Draken in fighter mode parked on the ground.

23 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Can't remember if the landing gear was shown. But I do remember a scene or two that shows Draken in fighter mode parked on the ground.

On 5/18/2017 at 0:53 PM, chyll2 said:

Was the Draken ever shown in landing gears in the show? irc, they are parked using Gerwalk mode.

Macross Delta Episode 017-720p.mp4_snapshot_04.36_[2017.05.19_13.03.22].jpg

4 hours ago, IXTL said:

blog.livedoor.jp/tamashii_robot/15681672201717

4e027d1c.jpg

fae3c246.jpg

So lame, Bandai. :angry: Always has a way with 'clear support mechanism' as the last resort. This should've been thought out from the toy design phase. <_<

35 minutes ago, Mommar said:

You shouldn't need it in Gerwalk, the wings fold downward in Gerwalk.

Not sure how long the swivel joint will hold if the Lil Drakens were left there in Gerwalk or Battroid modes. For sure, Bandai will make another lame 'clear support' for Gerwalk and Battroid modes.