Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

I only go for 3 of a valk if I intend to modify it.  One to tweak, one to transform and pose, a third to keep pristine.  Not that I necessarily keep the third one in the box, but that will be the one that stays in fighter mode semi-permanently for display. :)

9 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Ok. I get et the point...LOL ...I was just really p'd off when I typed that post. As I knew those 2 tiny tabs were going to be a problem from the moment I saw the pics. And law-and behold, 2 weeks or less down the line, there are already casualties. When I said I'd like more die-cast, as far as VFs are concerned, I meant it for the internal structure rather than an all metal body... (although....:D). Sure as some pointed out , die-cast is not without its faults, but as a rule of thumb if the engineering is properly though-out, it's better than tiny little plastic clips, or hinges that will eventually end up with cracks, stress marks etc...Anyway, I appreciate most of you realised it was written out of cheer frustration/disappointment  (although, I still stand by what I said... ridiculously priced Super Parts etc .... ). I would've loved to have it displayed it Gerwalk mode.....but I won't transform mine, until I get a second one, that's for sure...-_-.(with a bit of luck prices will plummet when they announce the 'Renewal  SVs'.....:ph34r:)

I'm going to say you probably can't make those plastic clips out of metal, though. The nature of clip-on parts like that is that they need to flex to get over the peg, and while die cast zinc (it's probably zinc) will flex under load, it doesn't do so to nearly the same level that ABS, Nylon, or POM/Acetel do. If you make both the clip and the peg out of zinc, they don't clip together. If you make just the clip out of zinc and leave the peg as whatever plastic they used, then you have a much harder material squishing a much softer material, possibly to the point of permanent deformation. If you make just the peg out of zinc, then well, we're no better off than we are now. Perhaps the entire mechanism should have been designed differently to not use the clips, but just making it out of metal doesn't really work.

The wing hinges could probably stand to be zinc though, although I don't think I've heard of those breaking yet. (knock on wood)

Spanner, I am in the same boat. I have had way too many toys coming in and the shipping is getting out of control too plus I have had a lot of "life" stuff happening that seems to be draining the wallet. I just got my PW shipment today that contains my single Draken and may open it up just to check the tampo on the parts with the plastic sheets attached. I have ultimately decided that I may just keep it to one copy of each Draken at this point in time. I'm still on the double/triple train with the VF-31's though.   

Even though I wasn't quite 100% sure that I actually did want that extra Draken, I was still happy to go ahead with buying it. But doing the financial math for the rest of the month wasn't quite adding up so I had to cancel the idea.. 

Have had a string of higher than normal (electricity bill) and unexpected expenses such both ride on mowers for our property breaking down simultaneously and that was a bit painful and I have only managed to get one going by a combination of new and borrowed parts from the other.. with all the recent heat then pouring rain we had grass in some spots waist high and higher! We have 8 acres.. 

Then existing pre-orders and car servicing coming up has just added on top of things.. but I won't go on.

I'll see how things are when May rolls around and maybe I'll still get another Keith Draken..

1 hour ago, Graham said:

You have two ride on mowers!? :blink:

we do! it takes too long for one person to mow all the grass on one mower alone.. and having two going is much faster and there is always one as backup in case of a break down which happens all too often.. <_<

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

And he rides both! At the same time! 

hehe! im good but not that good! :p

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

Just get one more mower to make it 3.

funny enough we did have three but the third one was a different brand and was a smaller machine so we sold it and kept the two bigger John Deere mowers..

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I should've wrote he has two mowers so he can keep one in battroid mode. 

Missed opportunity. <_<

LOL! :rofl:

Edited by spanner

I finally got around to my second transformation of my Draken. The first try, using only the instruction manual, was pretty stressful and confusing, compared to the Arcadia and VF-25 valks I have. For my second try, I used Wotafa's excellent video as my guide and it was SO MUCH easier. It took about half the time of my first try, and I found like eight steps I had been doing wrong. I didn't realize until I was almost done that he had subtitles in English, but that didn't matter because the video itself was really clear on what to do.

I really love the SV-262 design, and now I don't mind transforming it as much.

3 hours ago, Horatio Positronic said:

I finally got around to my second transformation of my Draken. The first try, using only the instruction manual, was pretty stressful and confusing, compared to the Arcadia and VF-25 valks I have. For my second try, I used Wotafa's excellent video as my guide and it was SO MUCH easier. It took about half the time of my first try, and I found like eight steps I had been doing wrong. I didn't realize until I was almost done that he had subtitles in English, but that didn't matter because the video itself was really clear on what to do.

I really love the SV-262 design, and now I don't mind transforming it as much.

Next time, watch Jenius' or Veef's transformation videos. They're already in english. Support our own. ;)

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

No wonder he needs two riding mowers. Found spanner's home in Google maps. 

cdCuzPp.thumb.jpg.d5c52b0b222b54a3edafdd9d6624cca4.jpg

LOL! I wish! :lol:

34 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Ah makes sense now. You have plenty of space for this stuff. I have a tiny two bedroom house and more "collectables" than square footage. I have a problem.

We have plenty of room outside but it simply wouldn't be possible to use any of that space for my stuff! Hehe! And the house isn't that big and has small rooms.. not really sure what the previous owners who built the house were thinking tbh. Its just stupid.

40 minutes ago, spanner said:

LOL! I wish! :lol:

We have plenty of room outside but it simply wouldn't be possible to use any of that space for my stuff! Hehe! And the house isn't that big and has small rooms.. not really sure what the previous owners who built the house were thinking tbh. Its just stupid.

LOL, actually my propery has plenty of space but the house is tiny so we have the same issue (although you have much more outdoor space). I bought two big storage sheds to store things and both are completely filled to the brim and I still don't have space inside my house.

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Ah makes sense now. You have plenty of space for this stuff. I have a tiny two bedroom house and more "collectables" than square footage. I have a problem.

You guys should both do what I do with my over abundance of collectibles... Build a house with the boxes, my rooms are so big and I have infinite storage space. I'm all about those renewable resources :lol:

Edited by Loop

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

LOL, actually my propery has plenty of space but the house is tiny so we have the same issue (although you have much more outdoor space). I bought two big storage sheds to store things and both are completely filled to the brim and I still don't have space inside my house.

5 hours ago, Loop said:

You guys should both do what I do with my over abundance of collectibles... Build a house with the boxes, my rooms are so big and I have infinite storage space. I'm all about those renewable resources :lol:

4 hours ago, Graham said:

Cardboard box house is all well and good, until it rains :p

LOL! we do have a separate building on the property which was the original house but due to the zoning law we can't occupy it.. its a rickety old shack of a house and it may as well be made out of cardboard boxes as when it rains it leaks everywhere! We use it for mostly junk storage.. I wanted to knock it down but others apposed that idea..

Edited by spanner

I'm more amused by it than anything, but I should probably point out that the discussion of Spanner's living property is a tiiiny bit OT.

Besides, for all his talk of his land, we know he has 2 more versions in slightly different arrangements somewhere else, lol.

If nobody else chimes in, there's always the "bat wing" scheme a few others have mentioned. 

Personally, I'd like to see it done up in a Nora scheme.

Too gaudy?

If you want to go real world, maybe look at some Saab Draken photos for some inspiration?

Edited by mickyg

2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

if one is to strip the gold of this, any recommendation on a custom scheme?

1 hour ago, mickyg said:

If nobody else chimes in, there's always the "bat wing" scheme a few others have mentioned. 

Personally, I'd like to see it done up in a Nora scheme.

Too gaudy?

If you want to go real world, maybe look at some Saab Draken photos for some inspiration?

Hmm if you want a high viz livery hows abt a tiger meet scheme?

SU14-001.thumb.JPG.727c24d7721581424edf813effcf34c7.JPG

Or a high gloss dark scheme? That would be bat-like! Yums!

701fef7a14476140b7f6e4bcfe65b748.thumb.jpg.79fa58fa39b0b5d55cf5c5ab127e7fd5.jpg

Or a camo scheme?

58ef77dce1a5e_download(2).jpg.bd3ee8a97fc749ab7c8d501209772fa3.jpg

1 hour ago, Pedro2k6 said:

After 24 days (EMS shipping)75 dollars custom taxes...I got my first SV-262 ...and guest what?...I broke the holy thumb...really frustrating transformation. At least I have a second coming on SAL.

Ouch...sorry to hear abt the piece altho your description made me smirk a bit...have to rely on the spare hands i suppose..

Is the break difficult to repair or glue back?

I think i will remove the hand before changing back to fighter mode...i havent even transformed mine..fighter mode has really grown on me with the flat sleekness..

Edited by seti88

I really wished Bandai would include new articulated hands with the Super Parts. Some that actually can hold the gun and don't break during transformation. This goes also for the VF-31 toys. I love absolutely everything else about the Siegfried but the hands really dampen my enjoyment of the toy.:angry:

But no new shoulder parts with the VF-171 Armor Parts mean no new hands with the Delta DX releases. Bandai really has no way of acknowledgement when they screwed up. <_<

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Hmm if you want a high viz livery hows abt a tiger meet scheme?

SU14-001.thumb.JPG.727c24d7721581424edf813effcf34c7.JPG

Or a high gloss dark scheme? That would be bat-like! Yums!

701fef7a14476140b7f6e4bcfe65b748.thumb.jpg.79fa58fa39b0b5d55cf5c5ab127e7fd5.jpg

Or a camo scheme?

58ef77dce1a5e_download(2).jpg.bd3ee8a97fc749ab7c8d501209772fa3.jpg

Ouch...sorry to hear abt the piece altho your description made me smirk a bit...have to rely on the spare hands i suppose..

Is the break difficult to repair or glue back?

I think i will remove the hand before changing back to fighter mode...i havent even transformed mine..fighter mode has really grown on me with the flat sleekness..

I will try  to glue it today. The problem is that you need the fist to get back to fighter mode...and the extra hands are bigger than the originals so we can't change it.

15 minutes ago, Pedro2k6 said:

I will try  to glue it today. The problem is that you need the fist to get back to fighter mode...and the extra hands are bigger than the originals so we can't change it.

thats annoying! I would have tot it possible just to rely on the right forearm sliding into the slots behind the gun nozzles on the fuselage.

i suppose the fist acts as a lock then, which definately increases the risk of thumb snaps... Hmmm maybe someone should come up with a pre-printed  closeup fist just to lock fighter mode...

Edited by seti88

14 hours ago, Graham said:

Cardboard box house is all well and good, until it rains :p

You're supposed to apply all the shipping bubble wrap to the outside to repel the rain. Now if you live in hurricane or tornado country I can't offer any advice :lol:

Sorry to here about the thumb. wmkjr posted this a few pages back. The right hand has to look EXACTLY like in the pic before you attempt to transform it back to fighter mode. Anyway, went ahead and ordered a second one from HLJ. That ones staying MISB. 

IMG_6239.PNG

6 hours ago, chyll2 said:

if one is to strip the gold of this, any recommendation on a custom scheme?

Do Shin Kazama's draken scheme with unicorn and all:

64737_1.jpg

Or a Strigon camo scheme:

Nosferatu_3.thumb.jpg.5710eec9350dc9c94c92fca0fc264fd7.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

1 hour ago, OzmaLee74 said:

Sorry to here about the thumb. wmkjr posted this a few pages back. The right hand has to look EXACTLY like in the pic before you attempt to transform it back to fighter mode. Anyway, went ahead and ordered a second one from HLJ. That ones staying MISB. 

IMG_6239.PNG

Probably the next time I transform this, I will remove the hands. And just load it up in Gerwalk or Battroid modes.