Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

there is one available at Mandarake. I guess enemy mecha is not really popular. Someone I know is in Japan right now and told me that one store even sells it for 18,000 yen.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1061757046&ref=list

its still available surprisingly! 

50 minutes ago, jenius said:

My video review is up. Someone already pointed out that I say it costs 2,200 yen instead of 22,000 yen... so... uh... ignore that flub. Thanks!

awesome! gonna go watch it now! Thanks Jenius! :good:

16 hours ago, mickyg said:

Thanks Saburo!

I'm slightly bummed about the change, as I have some adapters inbound that I'd planned to use on my stands (notice I've even got the beta stand set up with two arms already). I was hoping it would be a simple mod but this'll require a bit of planning and precision use of the Dremel to properly fix. Why Bandai saw the need to change it is beyond me.

My completely uneducated guess for why they changed it is due to them going to a clear plastic. In my experience clear plastic tends to be more brittle than opaque. Having those tabs extend down will make it more stable and less likely to crack.

So tempted to get a second one just to transform it to display it in Gerwalk mode.....

Again on these close up transformation pics, you can see stress marks appearing around hinges etc.These dark blue plastics really are worse, as they have a tendency to be more apparent. Some of the old Yamatos 1/60 (YF-21 and others) suffer from the same issue being a darkish blue, the whitening and stress marks from transformation tend to pop a lot more.

Not sure how these Drakens will stand the test of time. Especially if transformed 20 times...With that gold bronze painting and supa' tight clearance on some of the parts ....So not only stress marks&cracks around the hinges etc but bound to end up scratched up a lot more than your average DX...Nice piece though.....If only the transformation could be as smooth as the 5 seconds it takes in the anime...:ph34r:

It's potential durability in the long term was part of the reason I let my preorder go and wound up not buying from HLJ either. 

I still like this design and I may bite on one of the Pope head versions despite my misgivings about longevity. I only hope some of the derping I couldn't shake with Keith's is gone with the other variants.

The red markings are advise to handle with care when handling those areas. Also to ensure the thumb is in properly.
Just like we don't handle/drive a lambo/ferrari the same way as we drive an every-day honda/toyota etc over bumps , ramps, over pot holes etc...

As much as i like the VF-1, am happy kawamori is pushing the envelop with designs, and bandai for being able to pull them off. 

The SV-262 is macross's 1st single main fuselage/thruster valk which made it to toy form....we have waited so long for just a variation from the double thruster VF-1.

Edited by seti88

Hoo, boy. Took it fighter-gerwalk-battroid then back to fighter over the last two days. Getting it to Gerwalk was not nearly as big of a problem for me as getting it back into fighter. It started off well, but I just had the worst time imaginable getting the legs to stay in place. I just could not get the front and rear pegs to both engage at the same time. I think I have it sorted out now, but it took me way longer than it should have.

Also, does anyone else have problems with the ankle cuffs popping off? Those little sand blue plastic parts that kind of look like the VF-25's ankles. I've extended the ankle joints, but whenever I bend the feet back for fighter mode those pop loose and slide up the ankle where they just rattle around.

4 hours ago, snakerbot said:

Hoo, boy. Took it fighter-gerwalk-battroid then back to fighter over the last two days. Getting it to Gerwalk was not nearly as big of a problem for me as getting it back into fighter. It started off well, but I just had the worst time imaginable getting the legs to stay in place. I just could not get the front and rear pegs to both engage at the same time. I think I have it sorted out now, but it took me way longer than it should have.

Also, does anyone else have problems with the ankle cuffs popping off? Those little sand blue plastic parts that kind of look like the VF-25's ankles. I've extended the ankle joints, but whenever I bend the feet back for fighter mode those pop loose and slide up the ankle where they just rattle around.

I feel the same way. After watching videos, etc i figured going from fighter to battroid was not too bad. But going back to fighter I could not get the chest intake parts with the little flap to go over the legs and there was always something from the backpack bumping into something. Once i got the legs and intakes situated, then it was getting the hand back in place without breaking the thumb. 

Man, the gold paint doesn't really adhere very well or scrapes off easily. I really am going to have to repaint some areas in addition to painting the mustard yellow portions of the gunpod to match the gold paint on the valk. Even the rotation of the LERX scrapes paint off. I transformed mine from battroid back to fighter (holy crap that was a severe pain in the butt) and I found some gold paint on my fingers. I'm going to have to find a second one just to display in either fighter or battroid mode because I never want to transform it again :p

Coincidentally, I just found they are back in low stock on HLJ for ¥20,900 http://hlj.com/product/BANN08749

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Just receive the Draken, the paint job is beautiful! BUT... It looks undersized ? Looking at the front of the fighter mode and the canopy, I cannot stop thinking that this SV 262 should be at least 10% bigger as it is now, or as big as the VF-31 and even bigger ?

27 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

Just receive the Draken, the paint job is beautiful! BUT... It looks undersized ? Looking at the front of the fighter mode and the canopy, I cannot stop thinking that this SV 262 should be at least 10% bigger as it is now, or as big as the VF-31 and even bigger ?

There must be official stats somewhere because Jenius has it measuring almost exactly 1/60. Either it's actually smaller at 1:1 when compared with the VF-31, or the VF-31 toy is a bit oversized. 

I seem to recall the fighter mode for each is quite a bit different in size. Same for battroids. The really cool thing is that the battroid for the Draken is actually bigger than the Seigfreid. 

51 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

Data from Macross Compendium:

VF-31J Siegfried

Fighter mode
Wing span: 14.14m
Length overall: 19.31m
Height overall: 3.85m

Battroid mode
Height (without laser guns): 15.33m

SV-262 Draken III

Fighter mode
Wing span: 13.00m
Length overall: 17.54m