Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Mine just arrived at the office.

Quickly opened the box to check the wing tampo. Thankfully it's OK. after peeling off the protective plastic....phew!!

Won't have time to handle it until late tonight.

It felt much lighter than I was expecting.

Yay! Mine just arrived now in our office shipping department. But since it arrived at noon I might probably get that tomorrow morning. It will be get sorted out first. Unless miracle happens and there's not enough packages for today then there's a chance I might get it this afternoon. ;)

26 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Beautiful.  FedEx holds my 31 Master File book when they've never done it before.  USPS claims my 262 was left at my house with someone... there ain't nobody at my house right now.

Lets hope your neighbor signed and is holding it for you.  Or your mailman mess up the scan.

I'd be talking to my carrier about that drop-off to make sure it was indeed delivered (not still at the PO, or on the truck, or mis-delivered to the wrong address), and to get a description of the person intercepting your package. Really sorry to hear about that, Mommar, and hope it gets resolved in your favor soon. As far as Fed Ex and your book, hopefully that's just a customs deal, and it reaches you within the next few days.

Been in your shoes- I mailed a package worth over $200 with USPS several years ago containing LEGO sets(my B-day present from my sister who I was visiting),  a few rare Star Wars figures, a few Transformers, and other miscellaneous stuff. It never reached me; it got as far as Federal Way, WA (across the state from Spokane), and the USPS folks sent the shipping label all the way back to PA, even though Spokane was its final destination. By the time I got the paperwork from my sis, my claim had been closed, so I didn't even get the insurance for it. I hope for a much more positive outcome for you, sir.

Decided to monkey with 262 today; transformed him from B to G, which wasn't too bad today, not as frustrating as yesterday. Going to Fighter had me digging out the instructions to check a few things. I got it all together, but it could certainly due for a few more tabs, IMHO. Really wish they'd put at least one tab on the feet; the fold-out purple tab in the legs do ok, but they just don't bring the feet together solidly, at least on mine, so I'm left with a gap that simply won't close no matter what I try. My one leg doesn't like to stay tabbed either. Fortunately the big wing panels hold everything in place, but looking top down, there's a little gap where I can see straight through b/c that leg doesn't want to stay tabbed. IMHO, this thing could have used another round or two of QC checks.

Edited by M'Kyuun

58 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

I'd be talking to my carrier about that drop-off to make sure it was indeed delivered (not still at the PO, or on the truck, or mis-delivered to the wrong address), and to get a description of the person intercepting your package. Really sorry to hear about that, Mommar, and hope it gets resolved in your favor soon. As far as Fed Ex and your book, hopefully that's just a customs deal, and it reaches you within the next few days.

Been in your shoes- I mailed a package worth over $200 with USPS several years ago containing LEGO sets(my B-day present from my sister who I was visiting),  a few rare Star Wars figures, a few Transformers, and other miscellaneous stuff. It never reached me; it got as far as Federal Way, WA (across the state from Spokane), and the USPS folks sent the shipping label all the way back to PA, even though Spokane was its final destination. By the time I got the paperwork from my sis, my claim had been closed, so I didn't even get the insurance for it. I hope for a much more positive outcome for you, sir.

FedEx is already rerouted to another place I can pick it up at tonight, it's all good.  Speaking to my carrier is impossible.  That USPS station does not answer their phone ever.  It has a one star rating everywhere for a reason.  I won't know if it's at the house or left someplace else until I get home tonight.  It should be okay.  Having to ship USPS is one of the reasosn why I'm considering not ordering things from CDJapan anymore.  They'll only ship books and music via FedEx for whatever odd reason.

It sounds like the 262 has a bit of 171 syndrome in the over-engineered/under QC'd sort of way.  I guess we'll see if I can play with it tonight.

Woo hoo just got mine delivered at home by DHL. They even called me to see if it was ok to leave on the porch when my wife missed them (our doorbell isn't very loud and has caused me to miss out on more than one delivery). I'll definitely be using them again if given the option. Super fast delivery and not having to camp out at the door to sign for it = sold.

1 minute ago, Boobytrap said:

Woo hoo just got mine delivered at home by DHL. They even called me to see if it was ok to leave on the porch when my wife missed them (our doorbell isn't very loud and has caused me to miss out on more than one delivery). I'll definitely be using them again if given the option. Super fast delivery and not having to camp out at the door to sign for it = sold.

that's what I love about DHL is they will actually make the effort to call you! Everything else (EMS) that goes through the Australia Post system, those guys simply don't care. Even if we are home but the gate is shut but not locked they just flick the missed delivery card in the mail box and drive away.. So when im expecting a delivery I have to make sure I leave the gate open.

49 minutes ago, spanner said:

that's what I love about DHL is they will actually make the effort to call you! Everything else (EMS) that goes through the Australia Post system, those guys simply don't care. Even if we are home but the gate is shut but not locked they just flick the missed delivery card in the mail box and drive away.. So when im expecting a delivery I have to make sure I leave the gate open.

You have a gate? :shok:

Just kidding Spanner! :lol: Btw, looks like we don't have a lot of packages today so mine has already been dropped off in our building's mailroom. Will pick it up later. ^_^ 

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You have a gate? :shok:

Just kidding Spanner! :lol: Btw, looks like we don't have a lot of packages today so mine has already been dropped off in our building's mailroom. Will pick it up later. ^_^ 

hehe! yep! we live on acreage in a semi rural area so its a must! 

be sure to let us know your thoughts on the Draken Noel!

Just got my 262 and 31J today.  That was some fast transit time; shipped out of HLJ's warehouse on Tuesday, and in my eager paws on Thursday.  Both pieces are pretty impressive despite some minor flaws and/or arbitrary choices by Bandai (31's misalignment just behind the cockpit causing an unsightly gap, and the semi opaque glitter-rific golden frosting on the canopy, for instance); of the two, I find myself liking the 262 more:  It's far more unique, and given the amount of panels and sections -- that have to align perfectly -- it's a wonder it fits together as well as it does.  And I'm happy to report that the protective adhesive plastic sheets came off without causing any damage to pampo or paint applications.

Edited by mechaninac

Unboxed and played with mine in fighter mode last night. No attempt made to transform it yet. That will wait until the weekend when I have more time.

I kinda want a second one to display in battroid mode with the sword when the Lil'Draken set is released. But whether I actually order a second one will depend on how frustrating I find the transfomation process

picked mine up tonight from the local FedEx office very fast shipping as it says it only shipped from Japan on Tuesday and I have it tonight. Anyway just got it out of the box leaving it in fighter mode for now, beautiful looking bird. I'll try a transformation this weekend hopefully.

So I finally got this thing transformed into Gerwalk and I feel like Bandai didn't actually get the transformation correct.  I think the wings should be set back and out just a little bit more.  It probably has the most frustrating to pose Gerwalk this side of a Super Pack donned VF-25.  Now I understand why everybody had it transformed wrong, even the manual.  It's too bad as it's a very interesting design and would probably be one of my favorites if the toy had more leeway.

4 hours ago, spanner said:

be sure to let us know your thoughts on the Draken Noel!

Hey Spanner. I'm loving the Draken. Look solid in Fighter mode. I don't have messed up tampo but I have small cut gold tampo on one of the main wings. Not because of the plastic. It wasn't there when I'm pulling off carefully the plastics. Not a biggie though and it's not noticeable unless you compare it from the other wings. ;)

So initial reaction is, I really like it in Fighter mode. I haven't transformed it yet. But the first thing that came to mind while holding it is that would it be nice too if Bandai will do a YF-21 soon. ^_^