Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

7 hours ago, F360 said:

do you have pic of the damage? when you say broke off, do you mean it's broken/ snapped apart? or just came apart and can be easily put back together.

The spears at the forward end of the intakes that rotate with the top half around the canopy. They are plastic glued onto painted metal parts. The glue took the paint right off. Looked like the inside had blue paint and bare metal showing. Glued right back on.

Attach41316_20170321_220857.jpg

Edited by Blue Meanie

I took a closer look at the Bogue custom SV-262Ba unit from the model kit shots and I have to admit, the pope head and the fighter canopy look pretty good. I didn't realize at first that the canopy print makes it look like it has 2 evil eyes. Looks especially good in gerwalk because it looks like an evil bird of prey.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10444073

My 262Hs arrived yesterday, I am extremely happy with it and no paint issues. :)

The one thing that bugged me is that I could not get the articulated hand to hold the gunpod securely, anyone else experiencing this?

Here's a quick shot of my 262.

17436289_1867478886842062_5077790409942202792_o.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Got mine today. The transformation (granted, I've watched videos so I'm not going in blind) doesn't seem as bad as videos and such seem to imply, although going to Gerwalk is definitely more of a pain than going to battroid. I think it looks better with the wings in normal fighter position when in Gerwalk, frankly. 

Also, this thing is like 80% legs. It's literally just the nose of the jet with arms hanging off when in Gerwalk. Crazy! 

SV-262.jpg

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

My 262Hs arrived yesterday, I am extremely happy with it and no paint issues. :)

The one thing that bugged me is that I could not get the articulated hand to hold the gunpod securely, anyone else experiencing this?

Here's a quick shot of my 262.

17436289_1867478886842062_5077790409942202792_o.jpg

sweet pic Saburo! love the backdrop! :o:D:good:

Finally had a chance to open mine. Pardon the mess. I used the table my first grader does his homework on. c",) Indefinitely needed the instructions for this one and even then it was still confusing. 

IMG_6192.JPG

IMG_6195.JPG

IMG_6198.JPG

Edited by OzmaLee74

Finally transformed it to gerwalk, which took probably the better part of an hour if only because I was doing my damnedest to be incredibly careful and follow the instructions. Ran into a problem with how I was doing the crotch plate angling and the position of the thighs relative to the intakes/hipcover parts that kept everything from properly hooking together, figured it out eventually and got it all snugly together. It's definitely a bit of a ride getting it to that point and I can see why others would be terrified of it. I'm sure as hell not in a hurry to go any further or go back to fighter mode.

41 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Got to pay for mine at amiami. Anyone use "air-small packet" for shipping? Does it have tracking and insurance? Can't find that info in amiami faqs.

http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html

yes it have tracking but will only insured up to 6000 yen.  Its pretty much sal small packet but has highger priorty getting on the plane.

Saburo- I had the same problem with the poseable hand barely holding the gunpod- the design of those hands is odd, and certainly inadequate to the task of holding his weapon. I think they just made those as fillers for transformation, intending for the larger, better looking extra hands to be used. I usually opt for the poseable hands, but I got tired of the gun falling out, and used a couple of the extras. They're scaled better, anyway.

I found the transformation to be a bit tricky, what with all the minute positioning of those wing root hinges and such. This looks to be a fairly straightforward transformation, but I ended up pulling out the instructions to make sure I didn't force anything. I took mine from fighter to G to B modes. Going to G was a pain, but I think with a little more time spent, it'll become easier. I was a little disappointed at how flimsily this locks, or doesn't, really. The lower hook/upper tab on the backplate are just barely holding stuff in place, at least on mine. A little bit of handling or picking him up by the wrong spot loosens it all up and I have to realign and retab. I'd have expected a better tabbing /locking system, esp for the asking price and pedigree of this high end toy. On the positive side, it looks amazing once its in any of its modes. Another beautiful valk from Kawamori-sensei. Not the most solid of Macross toys, however.

Sandman- I opted to go with DHL, as it was slightly cheaper than EMS. It may cost a bit more than SAL, but I had my valk in hand two days after I got my shipping notice. Pretty impressive.

1 minute ago, M'Kyuun said:

Sandman- I opted to go with DHL, as it was slightly cheaper than EMS. It may cost a bit more than SAL, but I had my valk in hand two days after I got my shipping notice. Pretty impressive.

Yeah i ended up choosing DHL as well. I was hoping to save some money on going with a cheaper shipping method but screw it. First time using dhl but it was a few hundred yen cheaper than ems.

4 hours ago, spanner said:

sweet pic Saburo! love the backdrop! :o:D:good:

Thanks spanner, but not its not nice as your display.  I am still envious of your lighting setup. :)

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

This.  Can't wait to see the proper Saburo photo shoot of the SV-262!!! 

I'll hopefully have some free time this weekend, I am really looking forward to taking photos of the 262, I want to see how the gold paint will look.

15 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

Saburo- I had the same problem with the poseable hand barely holding the gunpod- the design of those hands is odd, and certainly inadequate to the task of holding his weapon. I think they just made those as fillers for transformation, intending for the larger, better looking extra hands to be used. I usually opt for the poseable hands, but I got tired of the gun falling out, and used a couple of the extras. They're scaled better, anyway.

I found the transformation to be a bit tricky, what with all the minute positioning of those wing root hinges and such. This looks to be a fairly straightforward transformation, but I ended up pulling out the instructions to make sure I didn't force anything. I took mine from fighter to G to B modes. Going to G was a pain, but I think with a little more time spent, it'll become easier. I was a little disappointed at how flimsily this locks, or doesn't, really. The lower hook/upper tab on the backplate are just barely holding stuff in place, at least on mine. A little bit of handling or picking him up by the wrong spot loosens it all up and I have to realign and retab. I'd have expected a better tabbing /locking system, esp for the asking price and pedigree of this high end toy. On the positive side, it looks amazing once its in any of its modes. Another beautiful valk from Kawamori-sensei. Not the most solid of Macross toys, however.

Same here, I kept trying to find a way for the poseable hands to hold the gunpod firmly. Every time I thought I had it, it would move the arm into postion the gunpod would just fall out. So I just used the non poseable hands. :wacko:

For transformation I was watching Wotafa's video, there were some moments i was "Hope this doesn't break, or I scratch the paint." Overall I had the same experience as you did when it came to transformation. I was surprised there was no lock/tab for the shoulders locking into the sides of the chest.

59 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Thanks spanner, but not its not nice as your display.  I am still envious of your lighting setup. :)

hehe! no way! your lighting looks great! im actually in the process of replacing all the old LED lighting in all my display cabinets for higher quality strips. Brighter and whiter light. The old ones are a bit too yellowy and some parts flicker occasionally.. 

5 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Four days later and LA Customs finally released my 262.  I bet I won't see this thing until at least Saturday now.

Bout bloody time! Well I certainly do hope you see it for the weekend!

8 minutes ago, spanner said:

hehe! no way! your lighting looks great! im actually in the process of replacing all the old LED lighting in all my display cabinets for higher quality strips. Brighter and whiter light. The old ones are a bit too yellowy and some parts flicker occasionally.. 

Bout bloody time! Well I certainly do hope you see it for the weekend!

Sorry off topic a bit... so for display cabinet white or warm white LED? 

2 minutes ago, erizai said:

Sorry off topic a bit... so for display cabinet white or warm white LED? 

I'd definitely go white. Which is what im now replacing mine with as the originals were a kind of daylight white but are bit warm in color and too weak brightness..

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

Wouldn't any color other than daylight(cabinet) white be prone to yellowing the valk, even if its a warm/yellow white led?

Or does the fact that its an LED light mean there isnt any UV penetration...or that sorts...

from what I have heard my understanding is the LED lighting has no effect on the plastics.. I've had my cabinets lit with LEDs for a number of years now and have not seen any change in the coloring of the plastics.