Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

4 hours ago, beatsing said:

Guys I canceled my preorder at hlj.  If you're looking for sv262 it should open another.   

Would it be nice that if someone cancelled one it will automatically show up on the product page instantly like in real time rather than wait for it to show up after a day or two after their system runs for it and post it again.

Days before the cancellation...

Member 1: Ok guys, I'm going to cancel this on this date and at this time.

Member 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.: Thanks! I'll look forward to it.

Day during cancellation...

Member 1: Ok, cancelling in 3... 2... 1...

Member 100: Got it! Preordered! Thanks!

^_^

2 hours ago, spanner said:

I got an email back from CDJ, they cancelled my pre-order due to a stock error. So that one that came up as available was a mistake so they cancelled it and refunded me.

Man that sucks...and to thk i asked you abt space in the 31 thread...

3 hours ago, monishb said:

Well my preorder got cancelled from HLJ and my account suspended because I disputed shipping charges for a prior order on the 31J because fedex didn't deliver on time so I'm on the hunt for a pre-order.

gee that's a little harsh even for HLJ just for that.. unless you got a little aggressive with your disputing! even cancelling your pre-order! was that a first time dispute or have you raised issues with them previously?

7 hours ago, spanner said:

gee that's a little harsh even for HLJ just for that.. unless you got a little aggressive with your disputing! even cancelling your pre-order! was that a first time dispute or have you raised issues with them previously?

I wasn't aggressive at all. This was my first dispute. The reason I went with FedEx was their delivery time frame, which they didn't meet. I called fedex locally and said they should have no trouble reversing the charge but I have to let the shipper speak to fedex locally which I did. HLJ flat out refused saying they don't guarantee shipping and when asked to speak to fedex Japan the answer they got is we don't guarantee it either so I was left in a tough spot between the shipping company and hlj and I decided to dispute it. I know it's not the end of the world but that's just terrible service. Infact I've bought many items through them. Either way luckily there is plenty of competition. The worse part is they had the nerve to send me a survey after this and you'd know what I'd have to say.

Edited by monishb

13 minutes ago, mog_kupo said:

Well, HLJ states an average time frame, why would they contact Fedex?  

I understand your point but I dont think you had a valid reason for disputing the charges 

Why not?  FedEx specifically told him to contact the shipper (HLJ) to contact the Japanese branch of FedEx to get his refund and when he did HLJ punished him.  Based on my own problems it appears the the Japan branch of FedEx are miss-managed now and HLJ must have hired the cha-cha who tried to push me around at AmiAmi because HLJ has TERRIBLE customer these days.

1 hour ago, monishb said:

I wasn't aggressive at all. This was my first dispute. The reason I went with FedEx was their delivery time frame, which they didn't meet. I called fedex locally and said they should have no trouble reversing the charge but I have to let the shipper speak to fedex locally which I did. HLJ flat out refused saying they don't guarantee shipping and when asked to speak to fedex Japan the answer they got is we don't guarantee it either so I was left in a tough spot between the shipping company and hlj and I decided to dispute it. I know it's not the end of the world but that's just terrible service. Infact I've bought many items through them. Either way luckily there is plenty of competition. The worse part is they had the nerve to send me a survey after this and you'd know what I'd have to say.

how long took your package to arrive? what was the estimated delivery frame?

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Why not?  FedEx specifically told him to contact the shipper (HLJ) to contact the Japanese branch of FedEx to get his refund and when he did HLJ punished him.  Based on my own problems it appears the the Japan branch of FedEx are miss-managed now and HLJ must have hired the cha-cha who tried to push me around at AmiAmi because HLJ has TERRIBLE customer these days.

As far as I understand his package didnt arrive on the estimated delivery frame, it wasnt damaged or anything, and the dates arent a guarantee by HLJ so technically they dont have any obligation to contact Fedex for any reverse charge, if anything i thnk Fedex just talked their way out of it but I dont see how this was HLJ fault

Also, HLJ banned him when he disputed the charges, or at least thats what I understood

Edited by mog_kupo

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

No offense, but the way you talk to people may affect the way people respond to you. I know i don't go out of my way to help people who address me a certain way.

33 minutes ago, mog_kupo said:

As far as I understand his package didnt arrive on the estimated delivery frame, it wasnt damaged or anything, and the dates arent a guarantee by HLJ so technically they dont have any obligation to contact Fedex for any reverse charge, if anything i thnk Fedex just talked their way out of it but I dont see how this was HLJ fault

Also, HLJ banned him when he disputed the charges, or at least thats what I understood

The question is how did he dispute the charges? Did he make a claim through paypal? If so i can see them HLJ banning for that as they have nothing to do with fedex's service. If he simply emailed them then the result seems kinda harsh.

That being said, i find fedex to be an awful service. I've only ever used them with hlj as my last two private warehouse shipments. Both ended up taking an extra week cause the package sat in their warehouse waiting for me to pay duty charges. The thing is they never called me to pay. They said i did but i know i didn't, i have call history on my phone. When trying to explain to them i pay more for their service so i can get my stuff faster, so why should i continue to pay for their service if it takes as long as a slower/cheaper service; i just get how do i want to pay parroted back to me. Yeah i won't be using them again. It's too bad EMS is now more expensive than fedex. Never had an issue with EMS.

This also depends on how late your package arrived from the estimate date, how close it was to christmas, and of course weather delays.  Custom delays will also affect the actual delivery date too.  It also possible that their fedex account does not have guaranteed delivery dates, a little flexibility for the extra discount that can be provided for the lower shipping cost? ;)

By the way , how late was the package?  

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

And people got on my case (on Facebook...) when I mentioned HLJ weren't at all helpful/kind when they effed up my FedEx shipping stuff as well.

Im not surprised.  I dont know about now, but back in the day (very late 90s/early 00s) HLJ cultivated a lot of good will in the modeler/anime hobby communities by engaging customers on newsgroups, forums, by email, etc etc.  I had several conversations with Scott T Hards myself back in the RAAM (rec.arts.anime.modeler) days.  Such things have not been forgotten, and HLJ has a legion of fans as a result that will go to bat for them.  There used to be several MW posters from RAAM days that probably remember this as well, although I havent seen their nicks in years i'd like to think they are still lurking somewhere. 

2 hours ago, F360 said:

This also depends on how late your package arrived from the estimate date, how close it was to christmas, and of course weather delays.  Custom delays will also affect the actual delivery date too.  It also possible that their fedex account does not have guaranteed delivery dates, a little flexibility for the extra discount that can be provided for the lower shipping cost? ;)

By the way , how late was the package?  

There was no weather delay atleast I know in Vancouver. just too many packages likely going to different locations from Japan likely.

4 hours ago, Sandman said:

No offense, but the way you talk to people may affect the way people respond to you. I know i don't go out of my way to help people who address me a certain way.

The question is how did he dispute the charges? Did he make a claim through paypal? If so i can see them HLJ banning for that as they have nothing to do with fedex's service. If he simply emailed them then the result seems kinda harsh.

That being said, i find fedex to be an awful service. I've only ever used them with hlj as my last two private warehouse shipments. Both ended up taking an extra week cause the package sat in their warehouse waiting for me to pay duty charges. The thing is they never called me to pay. They said i did but i know i didn't, i have call history on my phone. When trying to explain to them i pay more for their service so i can get my stuff faster, so why should i continue to pay for their service if it takes as long as a slower/cheaper service; i just get how do i want to pay parroted back to me. Yeah i won't be using them again. It's too bad EMS is now more expensive than fedex. Never had an issue with EMS.

I emailed HLJ before disputing it through paypal, they just gave me a generic response even after explaining what I wanted. Waited for round two email and same answer so I opened a case through paypal .

8 hours ago, mog_kupo said:

Well, HLJ states an average time frame, why would they contact Fedex?  

I understand your point but I dont think you had a valid reason for disputing the charges 

My reason was a hundred percent justified. Just because you don't agree with it does not mean I shouldnt do so. If fedex guarantees a delivery time in my home country and they agreed to credit it back I dont see any reason why HLJ cant speak to someone at fedex Japan and get the credit. Fedex cannot credit my credit card because I paid the shipper not the shipping company directly!

I'm been angsting for months over whether I should cancel my pre-order, but every time I see new pics of it I want it again.

I really want to save money, but I also really want this black/navy and gold beauty.

I guess I'll just have to stick with the order and get it, I suppose. It'll be hardly the worse thing I've spent roughly $336AUD on.

Its a double edged sword. M getting it as its the first single thruster valk with a tail as a shield!

But on the other hand, its also an unknown risk, as its a first single thruster valk with a tail as a shield...

So far from the pics i have seen it doesnt seem that floppy and is quite well detailed with that hot trim!...
The model kit version seems to be holding up ok too so.......why not....

Anyone who wants one of these and doesn't get one is gonna be kicking themselves. I mean if this was 4 or 5 years ago Bandai, yeh, caution would be warrented, but this is 2017 Bandai.  I have high hopes that it's as good as the 31! B))(please, please, Bandai, don't do a repeat of the exploding CF 171's)<_<:unsure:

Why do the bad guys vehicles always have to be strange looking? In macross we had zentradi pods. In macross plus we had the ghost. In macross 7 we had...something but I'm sure it was abnormal looking. In frontier it was the bajra.  In zero it was the Sv-51. And now in delta, we have the sv-262.  Don't the bad guys believe in refined beauty?

One could argue the SV-262 is the most beautiful design!  And don't forget, in Frontier we had the VF-27 as well.  I love that thing!  And don't get me started on the SV-51s - yeah they're strange looking but they look menacing and very cool to my eye.

I know what you mean about some of them though.  And in the end, it's probably a decision along the lines of "bad guy needs to look like bad guy" really.

Also, you have the added bonus, in the case of the VF-27 and the SV-262 that they don't need "real" transparent canopies.  The VF-27 was flown by a cyborg, with the ability to almost "wear" the VF-27 and "see" a full 360 view at any time.  The SV-262 is similar but relies on cameras and a feed inside the cockpit.

On 2/5/2017 at 2:45 PM, seti88 said:

am sorry, am a lil trippy on emblem art at the moment...and since the windermerens have german influence, i wonder what the draken 262's would look like with vintage german emblems..

5c534bfe7910baf8562412e143d40589.thumb.jpg.525a908e341fb8c90fc728b232fef154.jpg

Reminds me of the Fokker emblems.