Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

I'm at amazed at how (relatively) easy it's been to get a VF-31 and SV-262. Either Bandai's ramped up production numbers this time around, or Delta's overall crappiness has put off a bunch of people. Or maybe both.

Easy!!!!!! Are you joking??? It's been impossible so far.

These have to be the hardest Valks ever to pre-order in the history of Macross toys. Getting very frustrated about not being able to snag one of each.

These have to be the hardest Valks ever to pre-order in the history of Macross toys. Getting very frustrated about not being able to snag one of each.

Same for me with the 262. It's the first time i've ever not had a preorder in the last 4-5 years. Worried i'm not going to be able to get one.

I think everyone will have a reasonable time getting one closer to (or after) release as well. My experience with the Hi-Metal R series has been the same as you guys with the DX releases - couldn't get one at preorder time no matter how hard I tried. But closer to release date, I always managed to snag one.

Yes, these have been the easiest Macross DXs to get since the first Frontier renewal, with preorders opening multiple times and lasting more than a few milliseconds (31J was open at one point for several hours).

Of course, it's still much harder than it should be to get an order, since there are still some who haven't secured one. Thanks, Bandai!

Just wait til Mirage & Messer PO, going to be a nightmare!!

every time i see a new post on this thread i get frantic thinking its a preorder notification.

LOL me too! didn't even finish reading this post and went straight to the websites ..... -_-

Where is the fun in that? :rolleyes: Join the conversation guys instead of waiting for people to post preorder links and notifications. Or you can just stare on your favorite online Japanese stores for the PO button to show up again. Then you can post the links here. :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

Yeah, I can totally understand the frustration and I'd be saying the same too if I was in the boat that still didn't have a preorder.

I've personally posted on at least 3 separate occasions where the 31J preorders had reopened at Amiami and stayed open for several hours. I highly recommend registering at Figinstock as that's where I got my alerts from. I even got an alert for an open box YF-30!

With all these preorder reopenings, I'm fairly certain there will be additional available stock come release day.

EDIT: Yeah, when I said "easy" it was a relative term. These are still a lot of hassle to preorder!

Edited by Lolicon

I have to say I found getting the Frontier renewals super easy by comparison to the Delta DXs.

Even if I missed or couldn't get the initial pre-order for the Frontier renewals, Nippon-Yasan always used to come through with additional pre-order stock within a few days, although at a slightly higher price (which I never minded paying, I considered it the price to avoid frustration, frustration tax if you will.....haha). I miss those days.

Anyway, finally got round to registering on this FigInStock thing just now, hope it helps me nab the Delta DXs.

I have to say I found getting the Frontier renewals super easy by comparison to the Delta DXs.

Even if I missed or couldn't get the initial pre-order for the Frontier renewals, Nippon-Yasan always used to come through with additional pre-order stock within a few days, although at a slightly higher price (which I never minded paying, I considered it the price to avoid frustration, frustration tax if you will.....haha). I miss those days.

Anyway, finally got round to registering on this FigInStock thing just now, hope it helps me nab the Delta DXs.

With the Hi Metal R units, it seems stock is plentiful. Saw a whole lotta Max's earlier in MK, going for $699 a pop. Bodes well for the VF-31s.

Just wait til Mirage & Messer PO, going to be a nightmare!!

I still don't believe Mirage will sell that well.

Graham is right, all of the Frontier Pre-orders were significantly easier to get. Even with all of the trouble people have had tracking down Michael's after the fact I didn't have to be sure to set my alarm to wake up in the middle of the night in order to secure a pre-order like I have for the two Delta Valks.

Edited by Mommar

Yeah the frontier valks were easier to get mostly because N-Y would offer more windows of preorders (at a higher price) several times before release. They no longer do this which i'm conflicted in. One it was great to get a preorder even if it cost more. Two but it sucked when you preorder 3 vf-171s at the higher price and on release day there are 171s on sale everywhere at retail or lower.

FigInStock doesn't work for me because the preorder window always opens around 3am so i don't see the notification till i get up. up that late on a chance there may be a preorder is not an option for me.

I agree that it was easier to preorder the Frontier Renewal Valkyries. Nippon Yasan had always more stock and the window was open when I was able to preorder. Now with the Delta Valkyries the preorder windows are open when I'm either at work or sleeping. This is not helping.

Luckily I was able to get a VF-31J and SV-262 during the first preorder window at HLJ. However I fear that my luck will run out with the later releases.

I got lucky for the Sv-262. I got it when it reopened for like 20 minutes about a month ago.. but I only was able to jump on it because I was deployed overseas and happened to have wifi at work, and more importantly I was not busy at the time so I could follow the link from here.

I'm back in America again and now that kind of thing will happen when I'm sleeping.. so while I got this.. getting Messer's valk or the 31A eventually will be very hard.