Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Here are links to the wallpaper 2560 x 1440 (now there is bonus wallpaper :D)

All I ask is the wallpapers are for personal use. :D

Please click link---> Wallpaper

26318909244_35f7a4b321_c.jpg

26321785133_7c890629c3_c.jpg

26653208540_844f530bff_c.jpg

Ok, I better stop making wallpapers, time to get some sleep. Enjoy!

Reposting Saburo's wallpaper here for preview. ;)

Yes sir! Only for personal use. ;)

But you can't deny that this looks good for a cover for burned CD. Hmmm. :ph34r::rolleyes:

Awesome wallpaper saburo! :)

Thanks Un Spacy!!

the battroid pic is now my work pc wallpaper! :DB))

Nice, dressing up the work computer! :D

They look great, Saburo! Any plans for 31 wallpapers?

Yes, I'll be working on the emblems for the 31 and from there I'll make some 31 wallpapers.

Nice, dressing up the work computer! :D

hehe! im really the only one who does it at my work. Im always changing my desktop wallpaper sometimes once a day or several times a week..

Others here either have the standard windows desktop image (rolling hills or fancy windows logo) while others have photos of their pets or children.. boring!

A few guys occasionally walk past my pc just to see what I have changed the picture too! its quite funny actually! :lol:

I have created a Delta wallpaper thread in the Fan Works section, although the wallpapers are of the Sv-262 I wanted to keep the thread discussion on the toy.

My future updates will be here. :D

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43716

hehe! im really the only one who does it at my work. Im always changing my desktop wallpaper sometimes once a day or several times a week..

Others here either have the standard windows desktop image (rolling hills or fancy windows logo) while others have photos of their pets or children.. boring!

A few guys occasionally walk past my pc just to see what I have changed the picture too! its quite funny actually! :lol:

Haha, nice keeping things fresh at work. ;)

Awesome wallpapers, Saburo!

Thanks McFly!

Too bad the Intro scene has text.

Here's 2 from the Delta page that maybe Saburo could use. The background is transparent:

post-7577-0-16054300-1462985419_thumb.pngpost-7577-0-26582500-1462985637_thumb.png

A little bigger Keith 262post-7577-0-25400700-1463015828_thumb.png

Edited by wmkjr

Always fascinating to see where ideas are drawn from.

I completed work on a vector of the Windemere crest and had some fun using it. I updated my desktop wallpaper and my phone wallpaper too.

PM me if you would like a link to the wallpaper. :)

2A726D20-1653-495D-86B4-911C0BD522E9_zps

Off topic but how are you hooking up that second monitor to your macbook? Are you using a dock?

Loving your wallpaper here at work, Saburo. People are asking me why the Draken looks like a dog. :lol:

Thanks no3ljm! Tell them is look like a Wolf. :lol:

Off topic but how are you hooking up that second monitor to your macbook? Are you using a dock?

If he's using MacBook Pro, he's using the available 2 Thunderbolt 2 ports. ;)

Neither of those... The monitors are connected to my Mac Pro which is underneath my desk. The Macbook is my on the go machine and its usually connected to a 3rd monitor, but I rearranged my desk and didn't put the monitor back. ;)

Edited by Saburo

It looks as if part of the back was left extended, as opposed to the gerwalk mechanic pics posted before that dont show that much gaps.

Just have to wait for DX gerwalk shots i suppose.

I don't think it will collapse more. And we're not even sure if that part of the back extend or contract. The mechanic pics has a different angle shots that somehow hides that top back area where the gun is mounted. If you check the 1/72 Gerwalk pix again and compared to the back shot of the DX displayed Battroid mode from a few pages back, you can see that it's almost the same length of the spine. I don't know... It really feels like it has more open spaces when it viewed from the top during Gerwalk mode.

ChVHK4XUYAEepN3.jpg

I don't think it will collapse more. And we're not even sure if that part of the back extend or contract. The mechanic pics has a different angle shots that somehow hides that top back area where the gun is mounted. If you check the 1/72 Gerwalk pix again and compared to the back shot of the DX displayed Battroid mode from a few pages back, you can see that it's almost the same length of the spine. I don't know... It really feels like it has more open spaces when it viewed from the top during Gerwalk mode.

ChVHK4XUYAEepN3.jpg

The reason i mentioned extension; is that the1/72 seems to have a thinner spine, literally stretching to the display base arm.

And there seems to be the smaller wings spread out beside it. It all seems to me like a split and slide mechanism somehow...

Dont quite know what to make of it though, it looks like a puzzle back there..

The gunmount base also looks to be much shorter in length (shoulder to shoulder), making it seem as if the DX battroid backpack split in half.

The DX back seems to have a much thicker "backpack/spine" in battroid than the 1/72 kit.

Either way, will treat the 1/72 kit as a guide rather than an actual, although i dont thk it would vary too much.
It looks like the tomytec draken gerwalk doesnt even have a spine running back there!
post-15116-0-51958900-1463038077_thumb.jpg
wish there was a clearer pic tho....
Edited by seti88

I love that the GERWALK mode doesn't have most of a fighter hanging out aft of the legs the way that so many valks do. That's one area that I think the VF-1/VF-0 handle better than most of their progeny.

On the other hand, those reversed wings really bother me. I enjoy the absurd idea that GERWALKs fly aerodynamically, rather than just through sheer thrust, but it's a tough fantasy to maintain when the lifting surfaces are upside down and backwards.

I love that the GERWALK mode doesn't have most of a fighter hanging out aft of the legs the way that so many valks do. That's one area that I think the VF-1/VF-0 handle better than most of their progeny.

On the other hand, those reversed wings really bother me. I enjoy the absurd idea that GERWALKs fly aerodynamically, rather than just through sheer thrust, but it's a tough fantasy to maintain when the lifting surfaces are upside down and backwards.

Now that u mentioned it, I thk I need to believe that the draken has to lift its leg back to 'fly' forward in gerwalk mode. There isn't any back facing thrusters at all! Edited by seti88

those rear gear doors look rather small so I wonder if the rear gear has a similar folding process like the VF-19 Advance nose gear perhaps??

image belongs to anymoon.com

Hope you don't mind Jenius..

attachicon.gifBandai-VF-19Adv-7.jpg

Although the leg base is large, based on the panel yea i thk that would most likely be the ideal solution.

Am I the only one who finds the SV "monster" head really ugly????

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :p

I dont thk you are the only one, but there are a those who like the anubis look too. I would say its 50-50?

I do like the eyes tho, with the menacing lines. just like daylight running lights on cars...

on re-check, the commander head line-art and the 1/72 kit has the eye-lines are more obvious. On the DX its more like the inner reflection on the lower eye-lid..

Edited by seti88

Too bad the Intro scene has text.

Here's 2 from the Delta page that maybe Saburo could use. The background is transparent:

attachicon.gif262CF.pngattachicon.gif262.png

A little bigger Keith 262attachicon.gif262 bigger.png

Thanks wmkjr, I'll give these a try and see how they turn out.

I will need to make revisions to the crest too, now looking at the Tomytec model pics I have a much clearer view of it.

While looking at the Tomytec Battroid model I noticed that the head of the Sv-262 opens to reveal another sensor. Possible sniper mode? I wonder if the DX will have that feature?

post-23462-0-47339900-1463065768_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saburo

The faceplate certainly splits to reveal a linear visor across the head. And I think showing the face split with the rifle extended certainly implies some sort of long range mode.

Am sure the DX would have that feature, it's too critical to leave out!

Nice catch saburo!