Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Thanks guys! So it's a panel door that opens when the legs go down and probably closes back since that panel is not shown in the lineart(?).

Moosey's slow motion video shows it in action. It points down then flips over I think. In Gerwalk it's the rear bracket of the gunpod.

Do the Draakens not have head lasers?

To which i would say we dont know yet. However watching them so far in action i dont see any shots from their nose cones, so probility a no to head lasers.

Thanks guys! So it's a panel door that opens when the legs go down and probably closes back since that panel is not shown in the lineart(?).2.jpg

I thk that explains hinges appearing everywhere in fighter mode. But you brought up a good point, and likely the answer is that those panels are flattened/closed, and lie flat behind the shoulders in gerwalk.

Which brings me to notice, why is the so called gun connector painted gold, when in gerwalk there isnt any hint of gold for the gun connector? Its quite obvious there us a blue block holding the gun up instead.

@No3ljm- Highly likely to stabilize the wing support structure in GERWALK in the absence of the legs.

I've been working out the arm transformation: the shoulder pauldrons meet where that little dip occurs at the forward base of the vertical stab. The right arm straightens into the pauldron and is contoured to blend with it smoothly, while the right hand either retracts or just stows under the bit of fuselage aft of the canopy. The left bicep likewise bends up so that the upper forearm contour blends with the pauldron; the lower half of the left forearm bends 180 deg to lie against the upper half, and the vertical stab closes and rotates 180 deg. When the legs are in fighter position, the feet cover the split/rotation joint in the left forearm. It's a neat design, and I like it all the more when nearly every body part of the battroid forms a critical part of the fighter, rather than being stowed away out of sight.

There would be a ton of hinges and rotating pegs in every part of this valks body. The complexity of maintaining tight joints and hinges just got exponentially higher!

I forget who posted back to me, but I agree that that is most likely the gun mount. I look forward to more pics showing the gun actually attached there in battroid for some over-shoulder shots. Pretty excited about this guy. Def worth the wait, IMO. :)

The gun mount was also my reply ;) and i mentioned that an over shoulder bfg in battroid would be unlikely due to the design and shortness of the peg. Plus the mount is centerized on the back spine, which would mean an over the head not over shoulder.

That being said, the mystery now is the color, as in the gerwalk pic, the mount is clearly blue and not gold.

Ok, so they made a hinge for the left half of the tailfin/shield, and a second set of hinges for the right half?!?

One single hinge down the middle would have looked a lot better, than the zig-zag they have now.

Seriously, I've seen much smaller hinges doing the exact same thing, on other transforming figures etc. Why'd Bandai do the worst-looking possible solution? "Splitting in half down the middle" isn't some complicated new thing they have to figure out, I expect better.

As per the screenshot, the hinges are boxed. The only reason, i can thk of for not exactly following is that having opposing hinges on either side would pressure the sides to close more. Thus lessening the gapiness of the tailfins, when they are in fighter mode.

post-15116-0-52621300-1462103863_thumb.jpg

Maybe they could have used tiny pegs on the inner sides to snap shut the tailfins too, but i dont know how reliable that would be or aesthetically speaking if it would cause bumps on the shield that could not be hidden.

Ep5 spoiler

Not sure what to make of that. With a long nose, the battroid's head will either look like he's wearing a dunce cap, or like Pinocchio after a fib marathon. With those small wings, it's more reminiscent of the Lockheed F-104. Aside from the head and wing profile, I doubt the battroid would change much, but the fighter looks like a completely different aircraft.

Not sure what to make of that. With a long nose, the battroid's head will either look like he's wearing a dunce cap, or like Pinocchio after a fib marathon. With those small wings, it's more reminiscent of the Lockheed F-104. Aside from the head and wing profile, I doubt the battroid would change much, but the fighter looks like a completely different aircraft.

That was my impression as well. Some precursor, either immediate or (more likely) several generations back. It does look more like the SV-51 than the Draken III.

But I mean I still want it. Just in case I gave another impression. Now we wait to see IT transform to Battroid mode. :D

Made by a fan, I found it in a community on facebook. there are a lot of ideas going around, when I saw him I knew that was the image I had seen before, is very similar no?

Yeah, like kajnrig said, it's certainly not the same, but the resemblance is definitely eerie... Cool find!

After taking a second look, I'm noticing a number of major differences from the delta wing Sv-262 indicating a different transformation. Honestly, it has a Frontier look, but I can also see some potential Sv-51 possibilities there, too. Anyway my first impression was that it was basically the -262 with different wings, but I see that I was wrong. So, I think we're getting a third new valk design.

With all the Zentraedi hardware we were treated to in the first episode, it gives me hope that the Variable Glaug will make an appearance, too, prompting Bandai to give us yet another DX from Delta. I'd love to see them flying alongside the VF-31s against the Sv-262s.

Edited by M'Kyuun

I just noticed the battroid and fighter mode prototypes have different gun pods.

Good catch, but I think the one on the fighter might just be an unpainted version of the one the battroid is holding.

His youtube video.

This is probably a prototype, but front -on fighter mode is misaligned!

The central fuselage is obviously slanted, causing the tail to lean towards the left... :(

Edited by seti88

I just noticed the battroid and fighter mode prototypes have different gun pods.

Weird. The fighter gunpod color looks like the one from the first episode when we see the Drakens for the first time doing a right turn roll. But after that the colors are like the Battroid. Maybe it's that same active camo that hid the markings?

Does the head turret have a small mouth that opens up for Battroid-Mode?

Few thoughts:

1. I think that the gun connector on the back is ugly as hell.
  2. Do the drones mount to the hard points shown in the pictures?
  3. The gun-pod looks a bit underwhelming to me
  4. Sadly no shoulder mounted gun in Battroid-Mode
  5. The unpainted hinges are a real eyesore!

Does the head turret have a small mouth that opens up for Battroid-Mode?

Few thoughts:

1. I think that the gun connector on the back is ugly as hell.
  2. Do the drones mount to the hard points shown in the pictures?
  3. The gun-pod looks a bit underwhelming to me
  4. Sadly no shoulder mounted gun in Battroid-Mode
  5. The unpainted hinges are a real eyesore!

A mouth might ruin the look, not to mention cant thk of a reason why it would need one?

1. Yup, but what can you do? Unless u mount the gun so it wont be seen :lol:

2. From the promo pics the hard points do line -up with the bottom of the mini-K's (mini koenigs..yes thats what m calling em :p )... Realistically speaking however not sure if that is enough to hold, if the wings tilt more..

3. Probably cos they needed a minimalist sleek look to be carried undercarriage..

4. Yes, but because the gun mount is centerised, so if any it would be over head mounted. But still the mount point doesnt seem to pivot that far.

5 Or just imagine them as exposed mechanical joints! :p

A mouth might ruin the look, not to mention cant thk of a reason why it would need one?

*snip*

With mouth I mean this opening here:

post-18307-0-86526800-1462295415.jpg

It doesn't seem to be there in the pictures of Fighter- or Gerwalk-Mode so I assume it is created by sliding the lower half of the head down.

As for the shield maybe Bandai takes inspiration from the SoC line and just add a replacement piece without hinges that can be pegged in instead of the perfect transformation shield.

Not likely. The one in-show doesn't have horizontal stabilizers. But all the same, I second Offswitch's question.

It's hard to see from the shadows, but the plane definitely has a T-tail, just like an F-104.

I really hope it's got the full transformation already worked out, because I seriously want one of those now. Kawamori must be enjoying himself, pulling out all those nice Cold War era designs. :)

Oh, and the Sv-262 is looking amazing.. I don't think I'll be picking up every version, because that will just get silly, but hopefully the multitude of designs will make these a little easier to order. That is, unless Bandai decides to start making sense, and just includes decals or swappable panels to make the different non-commander variants. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal