Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Now that I've got a better look at the battroid, I think the head is another win for the standard Drakken. The "nose face" of the lead machine is a daring departure from prior valk heads, but I just think the less shocking "conehead" design looks better.

Don't get me wrong - the Drakken looks awesome in either version. But for every detail that differs between the standard and leader versions, I prefer the former.

How long until Bandai shows off the DX in the other two modes now?

Given how horribly Bandai handled the excess weight of the Armor and Tornado packs on the 25's I can't imagine the back of that thing holding up too well in Gerwalk mode with those giant drones attached.

Bandai will probably give us two sets of wings ala-VF-171 and two sets of fins/shields ala-Unicorn Gundam's horn. I think it's safer to have those than having the foldging hinges gets broken over time. Just saying. :rolleyes:

Also, the Draken's battroid head reminds me of Anubis. Nice touch. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

That gerwalk is absolutely boss!

I don't know what it is about the battroid, but I kinda wish the chest was just a smidge bigger. Factoring in the large shoulder pauldrons and the elongated legs, the smallish chest just looks a bit disproportionate.

I'm also not really feeling the drones, other than in fighter mode.

But DAMN! Dat Gerwalk!! :wub:

Great design all around, IMHO. The Hs head is interesting, although the more conventional space pope head appeals to me. Like everyone else, I can't wait to see the actual DX toys to get a proper look at them in battroid.

I love the leg packs...absolutely seamless. The wing drones, not so much. The anime tendency to place large bulky items on the end of something thin and fragile generally looks cool, but on a practical model with gravity's relentless beckoning, it doesn't bode well for the collector.

. The anime tendency to place large bulky items on the end of something thin and fragile generally looks cool, but on a practical model with gravity's relentless beckoning, it doesn't bode well for the collector.

Don't worry, they'll give us those smaller display arms like the advance packs to hold them in place. Yuck! :unsure:

Excuse the bad shop:

post-7577-0-17936200-1461882904_thumb.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Looks awesome on the Gerwalk mode. But that Battroid 3/4 angle is kinda deceiving. I have a feeling that this will be skinny in the torso area. Probably skinnier than YF/VF-19 'T' body. But I like the bulkiness of the legs. And I prefer the Anubis head than the Pope head. ;)

I kinda wish they had found a way to incorporate a FAST or Strike backpack instead.

Awful lot of empty space there behind the head/shoulders and between the wings in battroid mode.

The battroid does appear to be narrow, since the chest is only a smidge wider than the crotch. Despite my hopes that this would be a really chunky battroid, from what I can parse from those tiny pics, and the transformation vid, I'm good with it as-is. I think the shoulders give adequate width to the upper torso. As with the human body, a thinner frame is more lithe, giving way for greater poseability. I've often wondered what an Eva Unit would look like if Kawamori redisigned it to transform, while striving to maintain the Eva's thin-ness.

I'm happy that Kawamori was true to his word concerning a new method of transformation; even if it does borrow elements from previous designs, the amalgamation of those mechanics into a single valk make it unique. I think the intakes closing to form the chest is the most unique design feature...I didn't anticipate that at all, citing a more YF-21 design. I'm quite pleased to have been wrong.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Am I seeing things, or are the -262's wings backwards in Gerwalk mode (trailing edge facing forward)?

From the transformation video it seems the backpack reverses the wings forward similar to the VF-2JA, but the clip was zoomed in on the shoulders unfolding and didn't really show the wings.

I think I recall the wings folded 90 degrees up in F mode, so if the Ghost packs rotate 180 degrees counter to the wing pack during transformation, that makes total sense.

They're too busy giving alms to their Tommy Yune shrines while hugging their VF-1 plushies to notice new valks. Such is cult life. ^_^

Now that the cat's out of the proverbial bag, I hope pics of Bandai's DX in battroid start showing up. They must have some serious NDAs at Bandai to have kept this thing from leaking.

I'm finding myself in the perverse position of wondering what the RoboTards are thinking about this new stuff like the 262. I'm just not brave enough to lose brain cells looking for it.

I myself bet they will "defect" to our side once they find how cool our new Valks are. Even if they don't like the show I think they will like the toys.

Edited by Nazareno2012

I'm finding myself in the perverse position of wondering what the RoboTards are thinking about this new stuff like the 262. I'm just not brave enough to lose brain cells looking for it.

Well, if they come to our side, and begin to appreciate the new and cool stuff Macross has to offer, then they'll have been enlightened. If they refuse, they'll just wallow in their ignorance of the beauty of Macross. Either way, should we really care?

They'll be the same as the Macross fans that only acknowledge SDFM, DYRL, and maybe M+ as the only productions they care about. It's sad, but hey, there it is.

Name-calling like this is not allowed by the forum rules. Remember that a lot of poeple here are fans of both Macross and Robotech.

Gosh help me, I actually prefer the Space Pope head. The visor is really menacing.

The one thing I don't care for is how the wings sit in G & B. That seems to be a sticking point in most of the recent Valk designs. (Although I think the base 25 & 31 have looked pretty good)

I wish they would've attached to the shoulders, mimicking the ceremonial armour the knights wear. Or have them swing down, VF-19 style, on the hips. Maybe there'll be some play with the DX to try alternate things.

Name-calling like this is not allowed by the forum rules. Remember that a lot of poeple here are fans of both Macross and Robotech.

I think he was referring specifically to the robotech-only fans that sometime frequent these forums to troll and cause trouble. Not the fans who appreciate both series. Still you have a fair point. No need to get ourselves turbo-banned over something stupid.

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

I think he was referring specifically to the robotech-only fans that sometime frequent these forums to troll and cause trouble. Not the fans who appreciate both series. Still you have a fair point. No need to get ourselves turbo-banned over something stupid.

I am a fan of both, but you're right that I'm talking about the troll types who can't acknowledge, whether the new Macross material is better or not, that their "property" is a relic of a bygone programming requirement and the "creative team" around it can't and hasn't made anything worthwhile ever since.

And they are more like antenna or ears than mandibles I'd say. If you frame my frame the transformation.. it is clear they are actually eye covers that conceal the robotic eyes when the head is acting as the F/G nosecone.

I really like it though. I don't hate the cone head design, but it was never my favorite. Plus I love Keith's Hs version largely due to his colors. Dark blue and gold have long been one of my personal favorite color combos.

Hold on to your knickers folks!!!

IN DA FLESH!

https://twitter.com/GwynCampbell/status/726263077247705088

Thanks tochiro!

post-15116-0-19443900-1461990574.jpg

1. Looks beefier in real life than pics which is nice!

2. Unsure if those hip joints can take the weight of everything. Looks nice on a stand.

3. Hinges in the middle of the shield are a lil jarring tho.....shapeway covers anyone?!

4. DAT GUN!

Edited by seti88

I swear I love this valk... I must own it. I personally really like the head, but the overall appearance, proportions, and the Hs color scheme is what sells it for me.