Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Watched eps 1-4 today, and though the basic story is pretty formulaic, I'm happy to see valk vs valk action again. Cool intro by the -262 squadron. I'm curious to see what all those wing-mounted drones can do; it'd be sweet if they transformed too, controlled by the -262's A.I. for defense.

I hope they don't end up having a valk dance-off. :rolleyes: Four eps in, and I'm approaching my silliness threshold.

The Battroid sure looks really cool, but I wasn't that impressed by the transformation itself. Too much mecha origami for my taste. And I don't like the idea of the vertical stabilizer split down the middle to form a shield. I have a fear that it will not translate well into toy form. (While admittedly not completely fair, it reminds me of Astro Plan)

I actually really liked how the SV-262 transformed in Ep 4, and it's intriguing enough that I'd want one for my collection. Really hope it's well executed.

Likewise. (I like all that mecha origami. :p ) Hopefully, die-cast will be used judiciously, since I suspect a fair bit of swing bar action, including the bar to which the shoulders attach.

I noticed that the forearms are drawn to look wider than they are portrayed on the model kit. I hope the DX follows the animation, b/c, on an otherwise sharp battroid, those skinny forearms don't look good.

Actually I hope that die-cast will be used only where needed because making the figure a lot heavier will be bad for the joints and swooshing factor.

agreed!

I do prefer a more plastic feel to the Valkyrie toys which is a big factor in the appeal of the Yamato / Arcadia toys. I feel many of the DX toys didn't need the use of die-cast or at least not as much as they had.

agreed!

I do prefer a more plastic feel to the Valkyrie toys which is a big factor in the appeal of the Yamato / Arcadia toys. I feel many of the DX toys didn't need the use of die-cast or at least not as much as they had.

I think the DX toys don't use a lot of die-cast. I think the only areas besides joints and construction are the feet and the shoulder blocks. They are fairly similar to the Arcadia Valkyries I think. Not nearly as bad as the Yamato V1 VF-1 where the whole leg was a chunky block of metal.

[edit:] I think that the V2 VF-1 from Yamcadia would benefit from die cast feet. I don't like the feel when extending the ankles on those toys.

Edited by Scyla

Also would like to point out the type:

Sv-262HsドラケンⅢ 【キース機】= Sv-262Hs Draken Ⅲ [ Keith machine ] Sv-262BaドラケンⅢ 【ボーグ機】= Sv-262Ba Draken Ⅲ [ Bogue machine ]

Also would like to point out the type:

Sv-262HsドラケンⅢ 【キース機】= Sv-262Hs Draken Ⅲ [ Keith machine ] Sv-262BaドラケンⅢ 【ボーグ機】= Sv-262Ba Draken Ⅲ [ Bogue machine ]

So the question would be if the Bogue machine is different from the regular Draken other than paint scheme. I'm probably in for three if they have molding differences.

How long until Bandai shows off the DX in the other two modes now?

Given how horribly Bandai handled the excess weight of the Armor and Tornado packs on the 25's I can't imagine the back of that thing holding up too well in Gerwalk mode with those giant drones attached.

Edited by Mommar

I really like the shoulder cannon in Gerwalk-Mode. I wonder if it is possible to have it as a shoulder cannon in Battroid-Mode also. Imagine a Valkyrie with sword and shield and a massive BFG on its shoulder. :D

I overlaid the the Ba (Bogue) over the Hs (Heinz) to highlight the differences.

post-17939-0-02060900-1461849531_thumb.png

Aside from the obvious wing differences, the nose is a different shape too.

I know that's not exactly news at this stage.

I MUCH prefer the Ba type I have to say.

BRAND SPANKING NEW IMAGES FROM macross.jp :wub:

I can't get these soon enough.

tumblr_o08rgpktDB1s40tcxo1_r1_500.gif

All three modes look badass and the the ghosts attached it looks even more deadly in my eye. The Sv-262 is moving swiftly up the my chart for favorite Valkyrie. :D

Alright...who's gonna recreate this EPIC scene with their DX's? :)

I'll give it a shot, so who wants to cosplay Roid for this epic shot? :D

Edited by Saburo