Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Kawamori did it again! ;) Not a big fan of the head but the transformation looks awesome!

Seems like the cockpit will still rest somewhere at the back of the body ala-25/29.

And yes, I've watch the sequence more than 20x too. Hehehe. :D

yeah not looking forward to the P.O madness.. but I won't be buying all the variants so hopefully it won't be too difficult to secure..

I don't mind the head unit so much, reminds me of the YF-25 Prophecy's head unit overall shape. Besides I don't really like head units looking over-designed and complicated. For example the YF-29 Ozma head kinda bugs me.

I think I have now watched the transformation sequence around 50 friggin times! I nabbed it in 720 from pootube and been going over it in slow mo and it looks amazing!

Edited by spanner

yeah not looking forward to the P.O madness.. but I won't be buying all the variants so hopefully it won't be too difficult to secure..

I don't mind the head unit so much, reminds me of the YF-25 Prophecy's head unit overall shape. Besides I don't really like head units looking over-designed and complicated. For example the YF-29 Ozma head kinda bugs me.

I think I have now watched the transformation sequence around 50 friggin times! I nabbed it in 720 from pootube and been going over it in slow mo and it looks amazing!

Me too since it doesn't have the color scheme that I like. ;) But you'll never know. It might look nice to display it alongside my YF-21 just for the colors. ^_^

Now for a splash of reality....Not that it would stop the HYPE train...

Tot it would be good to recap what we have so far..

post-15116-0-19375100-1461565162_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-56939800-1461565251_thumb.pngpost-15116-0-69638400-1461565468_thumb.jpg

1. Fragility of the transformation? I already see the t-bars holding the arms and wings as the most crucial part of this valk.

2. How the hell would you move the intakes forward, whilst the inner intakes rotate?

3. Would the inner intakes be easy to rotate as they form the sides of the battroid, whilst everything is going on..

3. Hopefully no gap in the middle of the chest where it joins.

4. Possibility of the nose sides coming loose to reveal the eyes?

plus i need this add-on set!

post-15116-0-41310200-1461565970_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-83246800-1461566628_thumb.jpg

Edited by seti88

Interesting. It never occurred to me that the intakes would rotate and meet to form the chest. Lots of moving parts; I hope Bandai will find good solutions for durability, and for effective locking mechanisms. Cool battroid, worth the wait. I completely agree that every new valk should have a nice transformation revelation scene.

While animation is nice and very much appreciated (Thanks to all the posters), DX battroid pics are what I'm excited for now. Then we'll get a better sense of transformation mechanics, as well as a little better idea of potential fragile areas.

While the -31 is cool, this thing is origami madness the likes of which I live for. I'm not yet familiar with all the variants, but I hope I'll be able to score at least one come preorder time.

Definitely in for 1 CF. Kawamori made a great new transformation!

I'd love to see the Lego prototype of this Valkyrie, I really would.

Just saw the transformation sequence now while watching. Amazing stuff! Got chills just like when I saw the VF-0 transformation sequence for the first time.

I hope they don't over-engineer it to the point of fragility like the CF VF-171 though.

And a +1 to the Lego prototype, if Kawamori does ever show it off like the VF-25 one.

Edited by barurutor

Just saw the transformation sequence now while watching. Amazing stuff! Got chills just like when I saw the VF-0 transformation sequence for the first time.

I hope they don't over-engineer it to the point of fragility like the CF VF-171 though.

And a +1 to the Lego prototype, if Kawamori does ever show it off like the VF-25 one.

Not a contest but as much as i was mind-blown by the SV-262 transformation, it still cant beat the M0 VF-0S intro.. B))

The eye targeting system, energy diagram and the pose in the VF-0S was epic!

Why? I already did that for you!!

Made a quick vid of the transformation sequence and slowed it down.

But I know what you mean. I can't stop watching it.....and thinking this could be a fragile toy when we get our hands on it.

This might be the first Valk that I like the GERWALK and Battroid more than the Fighter - That's not to say the fighter isn't cool though.

Gotta say I'm loving all the GERWALK action in Delta. 31 and 262 both looking great.

Not a contest but as much as i was mind-blown by the SV-262 transformation, it still cant beat the M0 VF-0S intro.. B))

The VF-0S is just flat out sexier. It's basically the sexiest thing since sex. Just saying.

The VF-0S is just flat out sexier. It's basically the sexiest thing since sex. Just saying.

I like the VF-1/VF-0, but I prefer the valks where the forward fuselage and cockpit are obscured. In M:0, I find the Sv-51 much more appealing than the 0, which is just an enlarged VF-1 with modern stealth aspects added and some other aesthetic flourishes. The -51 isn't exactly pretty, but it is evocative, and looks the part of a combat machine, IMHO. It's still one of my top favorite valk designs.

Although we've yet to see it from behind, it appears that, like the VF-14, the -262's cockpit will form the spine, and may be further obscured by the inboard wing mount framework. I'm also going to hazard a guess that the cockpit canopy is itself armor, protecting the pilot. I'm curious to see how all that framework folds, since it's not apparent in the vid. I'm liking it quite a bit so far.

Edited by M'Kyuun

If we're talking about minds being blown, I don't think anything can compare to seeing the VF-1 transform for the first time in SFDM. And then seeing it once again translated relatively well into toy form with the 1/55s!

If we're talking about minds being blown, I don't think anything can compare to seeing the VF-1 transform for the first time in SFDM. And then seeing it once again translated relatively well into toy form with the 1/55s!

Well, Plus was my first Macross experience, so seeing the VF-11, 19, and 21 strut their stuff was pretty mind-blowing. Battle of the Planets, and then Transformers, were my first experiences,respectively, with regards to transforming mecha. The transformation and battle sequences in Plus were like nothing I'd seen prior.

I regret not having the VF-1 revelation experience as a kid- I can see why it continues to be so popular.

oh yeah the 0S is definitely sexier but.. I reckon the VF-1J is the sexiest of all! :wub: Hey even the 19P is right up there too! Then the Zero.. (on or abouts) The 262 is somewhere around mid field.

But anyways pretty much all Valkyries give me a 8oner! :p:D

Edited by spanner

Arms?

p9Myrr.png

so that yellow part splits and become the elbows it seems..

and im really suprised with the chest transformation looks awesome, could become my new fav valk!!!

Edited by Nyankodevice

Not a fan of the commander type head.

One Commander type DX and possibly two standard types (one for fighter mode and one for battroid mode) will be enough for me.

Graham

Did the Battroid transformation blow you away?

I would say the 262 sequence was mindblowing and the VF-1 was awe inspiring B)) And when you figure out how it transforms in your hands, u see the genius behind it :wub:

The VF-0 sequence was..just speechless. I can keep replaying it to lift my mood :lol:

Many more too in M+, M7 and MF.

But its not a contest, i love all of em!

They all hold a special place in my heart :wub:;)