Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Oh, man. Tolerances for that fin will have to be tight to prevent it from constantly just barely splitting apart, which will annoy the hell out of me.

Yup, your 4th screenshot has the pic with the crest on the shield.

262_03.jpg

Yea nothing like an old close up to reconfirm the thoughts!

In light of the arm split down the spine, was looking for the split line.

I gather it to be the ridge of the gold frame area in the middle of the spine, but if so do the arms look unequal in length?

The arm holding the shield would be as long as the fuselage till the leg nozzles?

post-15116-0-01585200-1460300969_thumb.jpg

Edited by seti88

I've always been so intent on figuring out the aft section of the plane that, until now, I've never even noticed the completely opaque canopy festooned with sensors. I still can't help but get a YF-21-ish vibe from this thing, at least the forward fuselage / what I believe will be the chest, shoulders, and head. My feeling is that this is an amalgamation of previous valks: YF-21 upper body with VF-9 arms, and VF-17 legs.

In response to seti88's query above, it's difficult to figure out what's going on there, aside from our agreement that there's at least one arm there. My thinking is still that the arms lie over and under one another, thus providing attachment points for both upper and lower stabs. However, in the pic, there is a discernible line just forward of the upper stab. That could be a separation line for the arms, or it could just be where two halves of the mold come together. I retain my original hypothesis. Like the VF-17, I think, I certainly hope, that this is going to have a bulky battroid. David H.'s comparison to the Escaflowne is intriguing, at least from the bulky armor view. Having a dragon mode, while apropos to its namesake, would be a bit odd; but, if done right, it'd be a nice new direction for valks beyond the traditional 3-mode. If anyone can figure out such a transformation scheme, though, it's Kawamori. Maybe we're getting our first 4-mode valk.

Time for a revisit of charger69's previous post, showing the bottom close-ups?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43118&page=10

post-15116-0-89542500-1461211002_thumb.png

Knowing what i know from the OP transformation now, the gun must appear above the fuselage indicating somesort of swing mechanism for the bottom middle fuselage. Hence, because of this fact, i thk for battroid, the nosecone shall become the body and hip joint, as i dont see any more "body" left for the hips to join to after the gun swings up.

I'm thinking that the legs attach to the lower fuselage aft of the cockpit section, and that it swings via the double hinge under the cockpit to rest against the nose in similar fashion to the YF-21, or the Sv-51, for that matter.

However, I hope I'm wrong and that it's a new system of transformation. That's a huge part of the appeal of transforming toys, at least for me.

As for the aft intakes, while a real world explanation may be posited based on existing aircraft, my guess is they're there purely for aesthetic flavor. Basically, they look cool. :)

Edited by M'Kyuun

just had a closer look at those pics nel2012 posted and I noticed the two SV-262 differ from one another enough to be significant! That's the most differences in variants of any one Valkyrie type I have seen correct me if im wrong.. remember I had a big bump to the head recently..

and I have to admit the variant that looks to be a more standard or cannon fodder type sparks my interest a great deal more than the others! Im really struggling with the more fancy schmancy types especially in Delta..

post-21335-0-12753400-1461408459_thumb.jpg

When the DX arrives, it better have a solid ratcheted joint where the super/ghost boosters attach. Otherwise it could turn into a floppy mess.

Agreed! Wait, can they make ratch joints small enough to fit in the wing tip?

When the DX arrives, it better have a solid ratcheted joint where the super/ghost boosters attach. Otherwise it could turn into a floppy mess.

If it has solid joints that don't loosen over time then it's not a true Bandai DX....

just had a closer look at those pics nel2012 posted and I noticed the two SV-262 differ from one another enough to be significant! That's the most differences in variants of any one Valkyrie type I have seen correct me if im wrong.. remember I had a big bump to the head recently..

and I have to admit the variant that looks to be a more standard or cannon fodder type sparks my interest a great deal more than the others! Im really struggling with the more fancy schmancy types especially in Delta..

attachicon.gifSV-262 2.jpg

I'm with you in preferring the "plain" SV-262 versus the fancy version. Although I think the design is exciting overall, I absolutely hate the giant dogtooth triangles that Kawamori added to the outer wings of the fancy version. Not only does the plain one lack this deviation from the Saab 35's profile, but it gets a more interesting wing-folding shape as a result. Whereas the fancy version's outer wings seem to simply fold upwards, the plain version has a cut inboard of the hinge that causes part of the wing to fold down, giving the effect of fins both above and below the wingtip. Much cooler!

I'm just hopeful that the -262 will feature some way to display it with a proper canopy, as the VF-27 did. No matter how much sense it makes to abandon traditional clear canopies, valks just don't look right to me without them.

attachicon.gifSV-262 2.jpg

Yeah aside from the obvious wing differences between the two versions the CF has what looks to be a slightly shorter nose with different camera/sensors placements.

Yeah aside from the obvious wing differences between the two versions the CF has what looks to be a slightly shorter nose with different camera/sensors placements.

I'll take it! x3!

or as many as there are modes of which we still aren't really sure about..

Edited by spanner

Do not open unless you want to be mindblown! which you will be by the time you see ep 4...

DRAKEN TRANSFORMATION!

hope you folks can see the webm movie..

https://data.desustorage.org/a/image/1461/50/1461509514003.webm

https://data.desustorage.org/a/image/1461/50/1461509771154.webm

charger69 and others who predicted the head.. you hit the nail on head!!

btw ULTRON IS BACK TOO! B)) B))

Edited by seti88