Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Im gonna put a weird idea out there; What if that IS the Battroid? Instead of a head, the nose/cockpit just sits between the shoulders, and there is no unit that pops up above that line? Kowamori said it wouldnt be like anything we'd seen before.

Just an idea...

Gerwalk looks kinda YF-19/SV-51 mix like where the shoulders are above the wings that are bent. It also looks like the Nose part bottom split open then comes up a little to shield the front of the cockpit. Love how the inner part of the tailfin/shield has a logo.

Edit: I thought the nose splits in half and goes to side of the cockpit but it was the silver part that looks like it moves up a little. And it looks like what I was looking at in the front is it was still transforming. It goes back flush afterwards. Great spoiler tagged pics of the sequence in the ep2 thread. Here is one pic:

post-7577-0-12425100-1460357260_thumb.png

Need at least 2 of Keith's. One will be in gerwalk!

Edited by wmkjr

Im gonna put a weird idea out there; What if that IS the Battroid? Instead of a head, the nose/cockpit just sits between the shoulders, and there is no unit that pops up above that line? Kowamori said it wouldnt be like anything we'd seen before.

Just an idea...

actually that is an exceptional suggestion! he did say it was going to be different. Could very well be the reason why we still haven't seen the other modes as yet!

Edited by spanner76

I wonder if that would be the "different" he was talking about?

in a way I kinda welcome a departure from the norm simply to shake things up a bit! after all you would expect other colony's or races potentially having a different approach / ideology to fighter design.

dang I cant wait to see this thing!

Just an idea...

Well, that would be different, but if it doesn't have a head and the jet's nose is there, then what's really differentiating it from GERWALK, besides leg position? Personally, I hope it has a head and some new configuration in battroid, but anthropomorphic enough to differentiate it from G mode. Judging by the GERWALK shots, I still think the intakes are going to form the chest, similar to the YF-21. And the BFG does look cool. It'd be nice if it could swing to rest above either shoulder. Or, like the -31, that's the new method of carrying the gunpod.

Gerwalk looks kinda YF-19/SV-51 mix like where the shoulders are above the wings that are bent. It also looks like the Nose part bottom split open then comes up a little to shield the front of the cockpit. Love how the inner part of the tailfin/shield has a logo.

Edit: I thought the nose splits in half and goes to side of the cockpit but it was the silver part that looks like it moves up a little. And it looks like what I was looking at in the front is it was still transforming. It goes back flush afterwards. Great spoiler tagged pics of the sequence in the ep2 thread. Here is one pic:

Need at least 2 of Keith's. One will be in gerwalk!

Hear you on the shield! if it is indeed the case, any tailfin emblem will now become a shield emblem! Talk abt bossmode! B))

This might be the gerwalk mode thats an improvement based on the YF-19 hump design.

actually that is an exceptional suggestion! he did say it was going to be different. Could very well be the reason why we still haven't seen the other modes as yet!

I wonder if that would be the "different" he was talking about?

in a way I kinda welcome a departure from the norm simply to shake things up a bit! after all you would expect other colony's or races potentially having a different approach / ideology to fighter design.

dang I cant wait to see this thing!

Well, that would be different, but if it doesn't have a head and the jet's nose is there, then what's really differentiating it from GERWALK, besides leg position? Personally, I hope it has a head and some new configuration in battroid, but anthropomorphic enough to differentiate it from G mode. Judging by the GERWALK shots, I still think the intakes are going to form the chest, similar to the YF-21. And the BFG does look cool. It'd be nice if it could swing to rest above either shoulder. Or, like the -31, that's the new method of carrying the gunpod.

Different it is though it also looks dang complicated to transform.

I mean, the gun goes from below to above, the tailfin comes forward to the arm? Gonna hope the engineers pull it off.. but worse come to worse just make gerwalk mode awesome!

An over the shoulder gun turret would be awesome. :wub:

This is gonna be a BFG VALK! Size is everything! :lol:

Can't wait to see Battroid but one thing I know now:

Windmereans don't care where the landing gear is on their valks :p

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2016-04-10 at 23.00.57.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot 2016-04-10 at 23.00.36.png

shhhh kawamori still wants to keep the landing gear a secret!! :D:D

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43607&p=1267317

A link to my Gerwalk(?) transformation post in the episode 2 thread in case you're interested.

I kind of like the idea of a two-mode-only Valk, with this being a combination Battroid/Gerwalk. But a traditional three-mode works, too. I'm fine with either idea, really. This one already looks good as it is.

Thinking that the Sv-262's battroid mode could turn out to be reminiscent of the nousjadeul-ger similarly to how the YF-21 (another antagonist valkyrie) was reminiscent of the queadluun-rau. The shape of the Sv-262's legs and feet as well as the mounted cannon point in this direction. Hope we find out soon.

Edited by chaff.g

Thinking that the Sv-262's battroid mode could turn out to be reminiscent of the nousjadeul-ger similarly to how the YF-21 (another antagonist valkyrie) was reminiscent of the queadluun-rau. The shape of the Sv-262's legs and feet as well as the mounted cannon point in this direction. Hope we find out soon.

I don't think the YF-21 is exactly an antagonist design as it is a UN Spacy design as well, and also developed into the VF-22. You do have a point on the similarity to the Nousjadeul-Ger, and I myself can't wait to see it in battroid.

Was comparing the jet modes and transforming sequence.

post-15116-0-23206200-1460815651_thumb.jpg

Sounds crazy as it may, but it seems as if the top spine of fighter is actually the left + right arm.

post-15116-0-90751000-1460815478_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-21312400-1460815499_thumb.jpg
The patterm of the forearm (left area in the pic) on corresponds to the area behind the cockpit, and the other forearm has the tail attached.
Then the area behind the cockpit dissapears, thus making way for the BFG to pop up.
Edited by seti88

Sounds crazy as it may, but it seems as if the top spine of fighter is actually the left + right arm.

*snip* *snip*
The patterm of the forearm (left area in the pic) on corresponds to the area behind the cockpit, and the other forearm has the tail attached.
Then the area behind the cockpit dissapears, thus making way for the BFG to pop up.

I was thinking the same thing when you 1st posted the pics last week. Now I'm thinking how they gonna strengthen the wings/wingtip area so it can hold the drones without it drooping or getting loose and floppy

Edited by wmkjr

The bottom is so sleek. I wouldn't be surprised if the arms form the dorsal and pelvic sections of the plane. Slightly asymmetrical with one holding the gunpod that appears to be stored on the belly in fighter mode, and the other with the rear stab as a shield.

fZBgmYSl.jpg

ZTHTcTe.gif

Maybe I was right?

Maybe I was right?

not quite, looks like both arms form the dorsal spine and the ventral spine is just a gun that folds up on an armature.

Basically the theme of delta is stuff sticking over the robots head via an arm attached to it's back.

It's not unprecedented, go look at how the VF-9 arms transform.

VF-9 transformations have been vague to me. Its arms are still side by side on the undercarriage, and merely rotates itself out to lay under the wings..

In the draken, it looks like its all above in a straight spine. This so called spine then rotates 90 degress to form the shoulder bones (so to speak).

I was thinking the same thing when you 1st posted the pics last week. Now I'm thinking how they gonna strengthen the wings/wingtip area so it can hold the drones without it drooping or getting loose and floppy

I suspect the wings are somehow still attached to a huge shoulder piece whic are the air intakes.

1. It depends on how sturdy those connections are to the intakes i suppose.

2. There needs to be an under wing brace if the drones are still attached. I cant see a way of them hanging off like that, unless point 1 is now extremely reinforced!

3. If the spine forms the arms, then the head must be hidden in the fuselage behind the cockpit?? Looks like no space pope in the draken if so!

VF-9 transformations have been vague to me. Its arms are still side by side on the undercarriage, and merely rotates itself out to lay under the wings..

You're half right; the arms are on the undercarriage, but they stow one in front of the other with the right arm shoulder facing forward and the wrists connecting to form a "single" box structure. See image below, courtesy of M3

colorcode-vf9.gif

Edited by mechaninac

Ah right now i see it! Always thought they split in half ala a normal VF's...

So we have a high possibility of a vf-9 transformation in the draken. The only loose end on the shoulder/arm transformation would be how the arms go under what looks to be the front intake shoulders then (or perhaps it doesnt go under...?)

Time will tell how it would hold up structurally in a DX! B)) Might get this just for the sake of experiencing this unique transforming mechanism but i must silence the doubting first time ever in a DX fear!

And as for da head, thats gonna be the final reveal! :ph34r:^_^

Edited by seti88

Despite all the that, the VF-9's coolest feature is still that the WINGS FORM THE CHEST. That is 100x better than the recent "lazy" wing transformations of Frontier-era valks. "Pivot 90 degrees and make a huge backpack". Just compare the battroid modes of a VF-1/VF-11 in a side-view, to a VF-25/27/29...

Anyways---the Sv-262 head is totally gonna have a Sv-51-ish pointy pope-hat. I'm not sure if anyone else has thought of/posted this before, but:

Draken. Dragon. Medieval. Knights. Ornate armor/colors. Kawamori.

I think the Draken's battroid mode is gonna be Escaflowne. :D

escaflowne.jpg

(Plenty of Fz-109 influence in there, for a previously-established "enemy battroid" look)

Maybe we should be looking at the VF-14 for transformation ideas.

Despite all the that, the VF-9's coolest feature is still that the WINGS FORM THE CHEST. That is 100x better than the recent "lazy" wing transformations of Frontier-era valks. "Pivot 90 degrees and make a huge backpack". Just compare the battroid modes of a VF-1/VF-11 in a side-view, to a VF-25/27/29...

Anyways---the Sv-262 head is totally gonna have a Sv-51-ish pointy pope-hat. I'm not sure if anyone else has thought of/posted this before, but:

escaflowne.jpg

(Plenty of Fz-109 influence in there, for a previously-established "enemy battroid" look)

If the battroid mode looks kind of like Escaflowne, that will be an instant preorder. Bonus points if they have a hidden sword.

I've never thought that "pivot 90 degrees and make a huge backpack" was any worse than "fold strait down and make a ridged cape that hangs down past it's knees."

personally I'm starting to miss plus era giant hip thingies.

escaflowne.jpg

I totally get the cool factor of the VF-9's wings becoming the chest, but from a practical standpoint it doesn't make much sense.

If the VF-9 were to be hit from the front its wings are practically its main armor and will more often than not get damaged and could cripple its fighter mode.

Not to mention it would not be able to have anything on an underwing hardpoint if it wanted to transform.

With the 171 there was enough space between the back and the body to still keep its missiles and thats not a problem at all for the 25 and it also makes for a more practical mounting point for Super Pack boosters where they can be effectively utilized in all 3 modes.

And with the wings mounted on the back it gives the Batteroid mode more control in the air with its large intact wing area and control surfaces and in a vacuum by providing balance and mode of attitude control from its extra "limbs" lessening the use of fuel consuming verniers.

Though one can argue wings on the back limit mobility like not allowing a Batteroid to roll around on the ground or fit into tight spaces.

Also why do i get the feeling the 262 will have small arms compared to its massive legs.

The 262 did not skip leg day thats for sure and hopefully leg day wasn't the only thing it went to.

Edited by ManhattanProject972

I've never thought that "pivot 90 degrees and make a huge backpack" was any worse than "fold strait down and make a ridged cape that hangs down past it's knees."

personally I'm starting to miss plus era giant hip thingies.

Yeah, actually I like all three of those styles. Nice variety.

An Escaflowne redux was also what I had in mind when I suggested the quadrupedal "dragon" gerwalk mode. Even though that was a pipe-dream, I'd love to see an Escaflowne-inspired battroid.

As for the Yamato Escaflowne toy, though, I would hope Bandai borrows nothing from it. While I respect Yamato for the attempt, the result is a floppy mess that can barely pose in either mode and is both complex and scary to transform. I own two of them just so I won't have to go through the transformation process again.

Edited by Nekko Basara

I totally get the cool factor of the VF-9's wings becoming the chest, but from a practical standpoint it doesn't make much sense.

If the VF-9 were to be hit from the front its wings are practically its main armor and will more often than not get damaged and could cripple its fighter mode.

Not to mention it would not be able to have anything on an underwing hardpoint if it wanted to transform.

With the 171 there was enough space between the back and the body to still keep its missiles and thats not a problem at all for the 25 and it also makes for a more practical mounting point for Super Pack boosters where they can be effectively utilized in all 3 modes.

And with the wings mounted on the back it gives the Batteroid mode more control in the air with its large intact wing area and control surfaces and in a vacuum by providing balance and mode of attitude control from its extra "limbs" lessening the use of fuel consuming verniers.

Though one can argue wings on the back limit mobility like not allowing a Batteroid to roll around on the ground or fit into tight spaces.

Also why do i get the feeling the 262 will have small arms compared to its massive legs.

The 262 did not skip leg day thats for sure and hopefully leg day wasn't the only thing it went to.

The tail fins of the YF-12/VF-22 act as shields in Battroid- and Gerwalk-Mode so I would say that from an Overtechnology standpoint the wings are probably indestructible. ^_^

escaflowne.jpg

VF-14 meaning the nose becomes the head? and the cockpit becomes the back?

As it is i already thk the gerwalk is complicated to transform as a DX toy, I cant even imagine the battorid...

post-15116-0-36213800-1460960427_thumb.gif

Following the idea that the shoulders hold the wing till the tips, then its possible the wings fold back somehow to form the back. Thats another cape look.

If they dont fold it would be kinda akward having the wings hanging from the sholders...

btw looking at the model mock-up seems like the nose is split down the middle.

post-15116-0-16228800-1460960994_thumb.jpg

Whether that opens up to hold the hips or reveal the head remains to be seen...

Edited by seti88

the wing acting as an added armor plate is a practical design for me. If a variable fighter gets hits on the chest/torso while in battroid mode, my least of my worries is if it can still fly in Fighter mode. A compromised VF can still use gerwalk and battroid to land.