Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Is there a when and a what for these books???

No idea. I meant that there's bound to be at least one

Is it me or do the Ghost Boosters look chubbier than how they looked in the anime?

Could be because the pic was taken at an angle? I like my ghosts svelte and lean, like my sidechicks

The silhouette...it's VF-1....AAArrrrrrgh.

Um, yeah, that was noted some time ago. It's a cruel tease, admittedly. Sneaky bastages.

I'm surprised nothing has leaked yet, esp in in this day and age of nothing-sacred mentalities and rampant social media. Then again, I've waited this long, I can abide. Like the Dude.

Maybe those silhouettes are a bigger clue than we first thought and the "innovative" transformation is that the SV-262 can actually morph into other Valkyrie models.

You know what, I wouldn't be surprised if the SV-262 actually has this ability. We've seen it produce an optical jamming trick on the naked eye when Mirage was trailing it and it "split" into three. So there might be some possibility that it uses a derivative of the hologram tech the Walkure uses for their drones to "dress-up" the 262's as something it isn't.

One SV-262 transforms to GERWALK when attacking the aircraft carrier in the preview.

Anyways, based on it's designation, is the SV-262 a Saab product in-universe? I think "SV" means "Saab Variable".

Possibly.

The SV-51 could have meant Sukhoi Variable, model 51, but AFAIK, the actual reason for the "S" in that designation has not been explained and the same could be true for the SV-262. However, "SV" does clearly indicate the fighter is not a SPACY developed or sanctioned design.

Edited by Zinjo

So if the VF-17 lead to the VF-171....is it possible there is an in-universe SV-26 and SV-261, which the SV-262 derives from?

I doubt it, unless Kawamori comes up with some convoluted backstory to explain the lack of their prior appearances throughout the series. I suppose he could say that the prototypes were shrouded in absolute secrecy following development of the SV-51 and -52. Sukhoi has quite a legacy. :)

So if the VF-17 lead to the VF-171....is it possible there is an in-universe SV-26 and SV-261, which the SV-262 derives from?

I think that this is unlikely since the SV designation doesn't seem to follow the same rules as the VF designation does.

I doubt it, unless Kawamori comes up with some convoluted backstory to explain the lack of their prior appearances throughout the series. I suppose he could say that the prototypes were shrouded in absolute secrecy following development of the SV-51 and -52. Sukhoi has quite a legacy. :)

I don't think so, as the SV-262 resembles a Saab product (J-35) and "SV" in it's designation probably means "Saab Variable", it may be a Saab product in-universe and just shares a similar designation with the SV-51. For example, the Bofors Ak 5 rifle has nothing got to do with the AK-47/74/100 family of rifles, as with the Bofors Ak 5 "AK" means "Automatkarbin".

Whatever the 'Sv' stands for, the fact that Kawamori is using it for this valk's model designation makes me think there's going to be a lineage between it and the Sv-51 and -52. How that plays out remains to be seen, but I doubt the 'Sv' was used randomly, or out of a lack of imagination. That's one resource of which Kawamori-sensei has no shortage.

Only a little over a month til we hopefully will finally get to see the Sv-262's battroid. :)

The SV moniker is pretty interesting, we've only really seen two Valkyries with that moniker so far with the third, the 52 only ever really mentioned, and they all share the fact that they are heavily influenced by Russian/European design language Sukhoi and SAAB and that they are all designs not sanctioned by the UN Spacy. I dont think there were any other Valkyries besides the 52 with the SV moniker in Macross lore. I think SV is just what the Wind guys called the 262 as way of defying the NUNS by using a designation previously used by a previous Ant-UN movement.

I hope I'm wrong and Mr. K gives us a bunch of new Valks to fill in the gap between the 51 and 262 but I'm not holding my breath.

The SV moniker is pretty interesting, we've only really seen two Valkyries with that moniker so far with the third, the 52 only ever really mentioned, and they all share the fact that they are heavily influenced by Russian/European design language Sukhoi and SAAB and that they are all designs not sanctioned by the UN Spacy. I dont think there were any other Valkyries besides the 52 with the SV moniker in Macross lore. I think SV is just what the Wind guys called the 262 as way of defying the NUNS by using a designation previously used by a previous Ant-UN movement.

I hope I'm wrong and Mr. K gives us a bunch of new Valks to fill in the gap between the 51 and 262 but I'm not holding my breath.

As I see it, in real life it got its "SV" designation to state that it is not a NUNS VF (as with the SV-51) but in-universe it is because it could be a Saab product and thus means "Saab Variable" not "Sukhoi Variable" as with the SV-51. Just like with the Bofors Ak 5 and the Kalashnikov AK-47/74/100 sharing the same "AK" acronym but not the meaning (I pointed this out in a previous post).

Edited by Nazareno2012

• 2 weeks later...

Am not sure if you would categorise the SV non-triangular wing tips as Cannon Fodders.

So far viewing places them as a small team like the vf31 hero valks.

We dont know if the SV are massed produced. In comparison the VF-31 has a 31A variant which differentiates itself from the hero 31 valks in delta squad.

is that a CF SV262?

More like the 262 with the pointed wings is the commanding officers model and the other is the standard. I feel like the wings are a bit far back on that standard model, like they should be thicker a but forward on the fuselage. Kinda looks like the Vic Viper from Gradius.

blast.. im gonna have to figure out which internal organs are non critical for survival cos I'll need to sell a few in order to be able to afford buying all of the Delta fighters..

QFT

The 262 is growing on me, mostly because of the custom paint schemes.

-b.

I'm just concerned that with more super packs jammed onto the ends of the wings we're not going to end up with REALLY flimsy wings like what happened with all of the extra bits on the 25 series. I still refuse to leave anything more than the Super Packs on any of the 25's because I feel like the Armor and Tornado packs are both way too heavy for those little joints.

I'm just concerned that with more super packs jammed onto the ends of the wings we're not going to end up with REALLY flimsy wings like what happened with all of the extra bits on the 25 series. I still refuse to leave anything more than the Super Packs on any of the 25's because I feel like the Armor and Tornado packs are both way too heavy for those little joints.

QFT. I didn't care for the Tornado packs, as they were just so over the top. The Super Packs looked good to me, although I'm glad they attach to the more solid wing roots rather than the wings themselves. I guess I prefer the simpler, less busy look. While there's something cool about oversized guns, boosters, and other add-on equipment so often featured in anime, they don't usually agree with gravity when realized in plastic

Those -262 packs do look like mini-Koenigs. :lol: It'd be kinda cool if they separated and transformed to provide backup for the main valk, controlled by a backseater, or as A.I. controlled drones. :wub:

Edited by M'Kyuun

Sorry for the off-topic, but Bandai just dropped the ball on the Renewal DX Tornado Packs. If I remember they were executed much better on the v1 DX Chogokin. I love the Tornado packs (Fighter mode) from a Valkyrie design perspective, but I hate how they turned out on the Renewal.

That said, I'd agree that any extra weight to the wings, depending on the toy's design, could add stress-line inducing pressure on the associated joints.

-b.

Sorry for the off-topic, but Bandai just dropped the ball on the Renewal DX Tornado Packs. If I remember they were executed much better on the v1 DX Chogokin. I love the Tornado packs (Fighter mode) from a Valkyrie design perspective, but I hate how they turned out on the Renewal.

That said, I'd agree that any extra weight to the wings, depending on the toy's design, could add stress-line inducing pressure on the associated joints.

-b.

I never owned the V1's, what was different about the Tornado parts on there?

Aren't there some pylons on the underside of the SV-262? Maybe they offer an additional peg for the drones.

There are pylons on the underside of the 262?