Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

I'm sure it has already been asked, but why haven't we seen this thing transformed yet?

'cos it's a hook. Especially for all the Valk fanciers who don't want to watch " Macross Precure" :p

All joking aside, it's just to build anticipation for sure.

Oh, I'm sure he had that figured out before or during his design phase. He builds sketch models of most of his designs with LEGO to test transformation, and I'm sure this case is no different. Besides, he'd have to let Bandai know how the transformation works, for obvious reasons. Pretty sure all this secrecy is to build anticipation and hype, but he must have the same people who keep the Roswell wreckage and the official Kennedy assassination files under above top-secret protection to have kept leaks from occurring thus far. Those Chinese factory workers are notorious for letting the cat out of the bag for any number of toys.

Given all this secrecy, though, alot of speculation and anticipation are growing around this thing, which is a setup for potential disappointment should it not be what fans have built up in their minds. There's always a danger to artificially creating anticipation...

Personally, I hope it's unique enough to set it apart from the other valks, but still nice looking (no more fugly VA-3 Invaders, thank you), and still recognizable as a Macross variable fighter.

I'm sure it has already been asked, but why haven't we seen this thing transformed yet?

We saw Gerwalk-Mode briefly in the preview episode. I'm sure there is an image showing it somewhere around the boards.

We saw Gerwalk-Mode briefly in the preview episode. I'm sure there is an image showing it somewhere around the boards.

I did not catch that and was lookin out for it.

So, I'm not sure which hemisphere they're thinking they're in, but if the show doesn't premier until later this spring, why are they selling the planes before the show is even on the air?

And they're running out of winter fast. <_<

On the other hand, this could be a screwy marketing gimmick to prevent nit-pickers from going "that's not what it looks like!" If they sell the product before people actually know anything about what the plane looks like in the show, all the complaints will come too late, and Bandai can take the money and run. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

So, I'm not sure which hemisphere they're thinking they're in, but if the show doesn't premier until later this spring, why are they selling the planes before the show is even on the air?

And they're running out of winter fast. <_<

On the other hand, this could be a screwy marketing gimmick to prevent nit-pickers from going "that's not what it looks like!" If they sell the product before people actually know anything about what the plane looks like in the show, all the complaints will come too late, and Bandai can take the money and run. :p

I thought they meant winter 2016/2017. :D

I'm just hoping that it's not a space pope; I'd be alright if it's a uni-boob

No Space Popes cowled head turrets please. The Gerwalk-Mode looks similar to the VF-171 (i.e. a tad boring). I'd liked a more radical design. Maybe having the legs on top of the wing area and doing a 180 flip into Gerwalk-Mode with the cockpit hanging on the underside of the craft.

Edited by Scyla

No Space Popes please. The Gerwalk-Mode looks similar to the VF-171 (i.e. a tad boring). I'd liked a more radical design. Maybe having the legs on top of the wing area and doing a 180 flip into Gerwalk-Mode with the cockpit hanging on the underside of the craft.

Tough crowd here for the VF-14 (which I would love to see in 1/60 scale fig). I like your idea for the GERWALK...make it unique. I doubt that'll be the case, though. While Space Popes don't bother me as much as some, I hope it just has a standard head. More and more, I find myself hoping for a chunky battroid...it'd be a noticeable change from all the lanky Frontier valks.

Tough crowd here for the VF-14 (which I would love to see in 1/60 scale fig). I like your idea for the GERWALK...make it unique. I doubt that'll be the case, though. While Space Popes don't bother me as much as some, I hope it just has a standard head. More and more, I find myself hoping for a chunky battroid...it'd be a noticeable change from all the lanky Frontier valks.

I'm sorry I thought he meant the cowled head turret of the YF-21/VF-22 I'm not a fan of those. I got it mixed up because there was an attempt by a fan to create an SV-262 Battroid-Mode from the way the craft looks in Fighter-Mode which had a cowled head.

I like the design of the VF-14 head turret.

I'm sorry I thought he meant the cowled head turret of the YF-21/VF-22 I'm not a fan of those. I got it mixed up because there was an attempt by a fan to create an SV-262 Battroid-Mode from the way the craft looks in Fighter-Mode which had a cowled head.

I like the design of the VF-14 head turret.

no worries, while I did mean the 14 and the fan art of the draken, I'm not too keen on the 21/22 heads either

no worries, while I did mean the 14 and the fan art of the draken, I'm not too keen on the 21/22 heads either

That makes 3 of us. At least the VF-14 can turn its head; the 21/22 variants, not so much. It's a poor design choice, esp on a highly maneuverable combat mech. Kawamori's awesome, but sometimes he allows aesthetics to interfere with practicality in his designs. I forgive him, though. ;)

I haven't seen the aforementioned fan depiction of the 262's battroid, but I have to agree that, except for the Sv-51, which has a bit of a cowled head, albeit a highly posable one, I'd prefer a more standard noggin on my mecha.

Edited by M'Kyuun

I mis-spoke. The head within the hood can rotate a bit, but it's field of view is hindered by the hood. I was always under the impression that it alleviated that limitation by virtue of the other optical sensors arrayed around the primary red lens. I can't recall ever seeing the head and hood rotate as a unit in the animation, but it's been awhile since I've watched it.

If the 262 ends up having a hoodie, I hope the whole unit can rotate freely without obstruction.