Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Unlike a number of other valks, this one hides its battroid parts really well, aside from the feet/exhaust nozzle. Although I'm neither a fan of the Draken's design, nor this particular paint scheme, I'm really curious to see how this transforms, and the final look of the battroid. Hopefully the B and G modes will be forthcoming soon.

New pic!

12390974_10208579367465248_1790476566695

There seems to be a red stripe down the other jet intake which likely would be the shoulder. Initially tot it looked kinda like the delta logo, but from the front on view, its just a single line.

Could be a designation for the commander valk, which may mean different shoulder schemes to differentiate the rest of the squad?

more observations;

1. Digging the silver air intakes on the side of the valk!

2. hmmm not too sure abt what seems to be the helmet behind the cockpit... Its not as triangular like the yf-21, it may have a unusually long helmet, rather than triangular-ish samurai piece...then again what are those hinge like squares above the holes....

Edited by seti88

Thanks for the new pics! Back to guessing transformation details =)

I'm thinking:

Thruster splits into feet with flaps folding up/down out of the way

Rear fuselage splits down the middle including the dorsal vertical fin, these half-fin sections rotate to form the backs of the lower legs

Nose and cockpit fold down to form chest and abdomen

Air intakes on either side of the cockpit turn into shoulders

Arms fold out from the inner part of the air intakes and head pops out from being completely stowed away under athe area behind the cockpit

Area behind cockpit forms central portion of backpack, hinges flatten it out, non-leg lateral wing sections pivot up

I'm thinking:

Rear fuselage splits down the middle including the dorsal vertical fin, these half-fin sections rotate to form the backs of the lower legs

Arms fold out from the inner part of the air intakes and head pops out from being completely stowed away under athe area behind the cockpit

Area behind cockpit forms central portion of backpack, hinges flatten it out, non-leg lateral wing sections pivot up

1. Agree with you on the feet, tho I cant still imagine it. From the width of the back wing, it may look like a real wide ankle joint.

No more skinny feet thats for sure.

2. If indeed the dorsal fin splits, i hope they have real tight tabs to keep it together in fighter mode.

Edited by seti88

Wonder how it lands in fighter mode, with the gunpod protruding so much?

Must have very long landing gear.

Based on the clips we've seen from the show this toy doesn't appear to conceal the gunpod quite the same way. It looks bigger/bulkier here and protrudes far more than in any of the clips we've seen of the animation. It also looks like it's suffering some 17/21 syndrome, like it has to be a bit thicker in order for everything to fit.

I remember someone also noticed the 'not-so-visible' landing gear doors on the VF-31 too. Probably in this era, they don't use landing gears anymore? And just land via Gerwalk/Battroid mode? :ph34r:

I think they omitted the landing gear from the prototype and that the regular release will have it...

... I mean how could the Delta Valkyries be displayed in my cabinets when they don't have landing gear :ph34r:

I must admit, I love how mysterious Kawamori and the Crew are keeping this Valk's Gerwalk and Battroid a secret. Must be pretty fracking awesome!!

orrrr....... it could suck for all we know!?!? and they keeping it a low profile till the first ep screening to minimize the disappointment. Hey im not saying that it will suck or anything (I sure as hell hope not!) but why keep it under wraps for so long? :huh:

orrrr....... it could suck for all we know!?!? and they keeping it a low profile till the first ep screening to minimize the disappointment. Hey im not saying that it will suck or anything (I sure as hell hope not!) but why keep it under wraps for so long? :huh:

It is rather amazing no one has leaked its other modes yet.

Let's keep the old fingers crossed that is doesn't suck.... because man that would blow!

I'm sure that even if the other modes suck, people will still buy it for the awesome fighter mode. Just like the VF-4 😜

It's the same reason why they don't show Luke Skywalker directly on all the trailers and tv spots. They don't want to ruin the anticipation. ;) Edited by no3ljm

It's the same reason why they don't show Luke Skywalker directly on all the trailers and tv spots. They don't want to ruin the anticipation. ;)

I was thinking along those sorta lines too.. ^_^

I'm sure that even if the other modes suck, people will still buy it for the awesome fighter mode. Just like the VF-4

I certainly do hope it looks ok in the other modes. They did say that it was more unique compared to other Valkyrie so that might just be what they want to surprise us with.

I'm thinking:

I'm guessing it unpacks like the Koenig Monster. And looks as hefty, too.

I could be as wrong as wrong, but I still think the SV-262 is going to have a heavy VF-17 meets YF-21 resemblance in Battroid. Big, bulky with some slender features added in. At least it won't have the massive canons of the VF-27's (Not really a fan of those).