Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Having a picture with a better resolution I painted in some more areas where I think the parts separate. The main derivation form the previous picture is that you can now identify something that looks like a hinge for the winged backpack:

post-18307-0-19040800-1446675833_thumb.png

First time I saw the canopy on the 262 that was one of my initial thoughts.. as you said it does kinda make some sense as the trend will go that way in the real world anyways. For the series I would have thought the creators would prefer to have actual pilots piloting the things for the hero / drama factor. After all there wouldn't be any hero's if the pilots just sat all cosy in their capital ships or on a planet with little to no risk to their lives in combat.

More than likely it will be a similar setup as Brera and his VF-27.. or at least im hoping so..

Going back to the VF-4.. maybe if I ever switch mine to its other modes I would appreciate it a bit more? But for the moment Gerwalk & Battroid look like the modes which got the least amount of thought during the design phase. Also I don't particularly care for gerwalk & battroid modes with the 21-22. I have grown to like the SV-51 in gerwalk but its battroid mode is still a mixed bag for me.

Just remember that the VF-4 was not originally designed with an intention to have it transform initially. Battroid and Gerwalk mode were added to at a way later date. It was intended to be a fighter only plane just for FB2012.

Having a picture with a better resolution I painted in some more areas where I think the parts separate. The main derivation form the previous picture is that you can now identify something that looks like a hinge for the winged backpack:

attachicon.gifsv-626_draken_3_1.png

I thk ur pretty close scyla. How would the arms be tucked in is what am thinking.

Arm looks logically to be the underside of the wing, but with the lower leg there..the arm would either be:

a. very short or

b. have some sort of bend into fighter mode..

c. be tucked into the legs somehow/shared space with the leg tucked in.

yea i thk even the 262 will have winglike backpacks....or should i say CAPES...:D

I thk ur pretty close scyla. How would the arms be tucked in is what am thinking.

Arm looks logically to be the underside of the wing, but with the lower leg there..the arm would either be:

a. very short or

b. have some sort of bend into fighter mode..

c. be tucked into the legs somehow/shared space with the leg tucked in.

yea i thk even the 262 will have winglike backpacks....or should i say CAPES... :D

I think the arms will be stored under the orange plate in my picture.

I also think that the tail fins go on the back of the legs. I.e. the fin in the top goes on the back of the left leg and the bottom fin on the right leg. If this is the case it would look very funny but I'm sure Kawamori has figured out some mechanisms to make them look appealing.

I might be on the wrong track here because having the tail fins on the arms as shields would be awesome.

I think I've seen on twitter an image of the SV-262 in Battroid-Mode that was made by a fan I assume. There it has a cowled head much like the YF-21/VF-22. If this is indeed true it would be a bummer for me because I'm not really fond on how the Sturmvogel looks in Battroid-Mode. Especially the head turret.

I think the arms will be stored under the orange plate in my picture.

I also think that the tail fins go on the back of the legs. I.e. the fin in the top goes on the back of the left leg and the bottom fin on the right leg. If this is the case it would look very funny but I'm sure Kawamori has figured out some mechanisms to make them look appealing.

I might be on the wrong track here because having the tail fins on the arms as shields would be awesome.

I think I've seen on twitter an image of the SV-262 in Battroid-Mode that was made by a fan I assume. There it has a cowled head much like the YF-21/VF-22. If this is indeed true it would be a bummer for me because I'm not really fond on how the Sturmvogel looks in Battroid-Mode. Especially the head turret.

ah i see, looking at the orange part, it would mean the arms would be tucked at an angle, therefore outstretched to the wing tips (sounds entirely feasible)! ;)

Your comment brings up an interesting point abt the tailfins, it looks like the 262s has a short bottom tailfin in the trailer.

Not only would it be puzzling where they would end up, but if they are not of the same height, we may be in non-symetrical design territory once they are positioned in battroid mode. :huh:

With all the fins/wingtips there seems to be a lot of possible sharp edges that would be evident in battroid mode! :o

Am sorta resigned to the fact that the head would be have a cowl, cos of the seam lines behind the fighter cockpit.

It even looks giger-esque with markings along the side of long cranium...aliens anyone? B))

Your comment brings up an interesting point abt the tailfins, it looks like the 262s has a short bottom tailfin in the trailer.

Not only would it be puzzling where they would end up, but if they are not of the same height, we may be in non-symetrical design territory once they are positioned in battroid mode. :huh:

Very interesting trying to figure out the transformation. To me it looks like the bottom tailfin is part of the "gun".

post-7577-0-88776400-1446739368_thumb.png

Very interesting trying to figure out the transformation. To me it looks like the bottom tailfin is part of the "gun".

*snip*

I agree that this looks like a gun-pod.

Can you upload an image with the rear end of the Valkyrie in frame. The image you posed indicates that the lower tail fin is part of the gun-pod.

Thanks wmkjr. This image clearly shows that the SV-626 has only one tail-fin. From Yetis gif I assumed it would have to one on the top and one on the bottom. The fin in the bottom seems to be part of the gun-pod.

If it is correct that the tail-fin is a shield and that the arm is connected to it than it could be that the SV-626 has one shield and one gun-pod arm similar to Samus Aran and Mega Man. Of course this would me a major departure form existing Valkyrie designs so I don't think it is the case but at least it could be that the gun hand grips the gun-pod in Fighter-Mode. Both would be cool features though. ^_^

Wow that's hard to really tell ..I think the blue color in the last screen cap made ithe fin look like part of the fuselage...

If the gun pod is down centre I don't think there would be a way to hand grip it since the legs occupy the valk centrally?

Meaning the gun is held between the legs hahaha ahem

Half the fun is guessing this valk out

A little better shots:

post-7577-0-20464400-1446744698_thumb.pngpost-7577-0-85076800-1446744706_thumb.png

I'm thinking it's like Yeti's diagram maybe for the lower arms where it's spilt up and down one side the shield and one side the gun. But it makes more sense to have it angle and sit flush next to the lower legs tucked inside the wings where it pivots. Unless the gun goes up and over like the variable glaug?

Edited by wmkjr

Oh, man. I hadn't thought of that. A shoulder mounted cannon like a Q-Rau? That could be sweet.

that would be sweet indeed! Aside the YF-30 with its spine mounted missile pod, no other Valkyrie has had anything similar.. Closest thing would be the VF-1 Strike parts cannon which can fold down over the shoulders.

F### sake I can't wait to see this thing in its other modes! Hurry up and show us already! :o

Edited by spanner76

The VF-17 got a similar over-the-shoulder thing with its FAST packs too, but nothing big or very impressive. Maybe the Zentraedi design influence is heavier in that culture? Or maybe that entire faction is actually Zentraedi in origin? We did see a few classic SDFM mechs in the trailer, and they're clearly still around from Frontier.

Funny thought, maybe the 262 is actually a development of the variable Glaug? It might be a lot bigger than it looks! :lol:

The VF-17 got a similar over-the-shoulder thing with its FAST packs too, but nothing big or very impressive. Maybe the Zentraedi design influence is heavier in that culture? Or maybe that entire faction is actually Zentraedi in origin? We did see a few classic SDFM mechs in the trailer, and they're clearly still around from Frontier.

Funny thought, maybe the 262 is actually a development of the variable Glaug? It might be a lot bigger than it looks! :lol:

I-I-I-instabuy!!!!!!!!!

sv-626_draken_3_1.png

I'm looking on the prospect shoulder area (violet) which I think is appropriate due to the 'knights' logo. So it's safe to assumed that the arms are hidden in between that delta wings and the lower leg which we all know that it's going to be a part of the backpack. If that's the case, how I wish that hinge is tight and sturdy enough to hold the weight in Battroid mode. And somehow incorporate a tab somewhere and not just depend on the hinges to hold it during Battroid mode.

Now, I'm thinking, if we can assume that the arms is hidden in the delta wings, and that purple color would be the legs, the gold center part near the wing hinges is the head, canopy and exhaust becomes the chest, what makes of the tail fin area and the bottom small fin area? Does that part folds and becomes the back part of the lower legs?

This may sound silly, but for the longest time I thought your avatar was the TF Sideswipe from the Bayformer movies.

LcF3WCT.jpg

Yeah, if I squint, I can see that. :lol: My avatar is a custom LEGO VF-4...my version is light gray with dark blue and dark gray accents, b/c I like those colors, and b/c I didn't have enough white parts when I built it. Pics, if you're interested. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and pg 2. https://www.flickr.com/photos/95379588@N08/page1

Concerning the 262's transformation, while the thought that the arms may store along or inside the leg is practical, I really hope they form the upper and lower central fuselage with the gunpod and vertical stab. It would make the engineering that much more impressive, and I love it in any transforming design when every major part of the robot forms part of the alt mode seamlessly. This is already a beautiful and interesting valk; I hope Kawamori-san brought his engineering A-game to the table when hammering out this design.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Yeah, if I squint, I can see that. :lol: My avatar is a custom LEGO VF-4...my version is light gray with dark blue and dark gray accents, b/c I like those colors, and b/c I didn't have enough white parts when I built it. Pics, if you're interested. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and pg 2. https://www.flickr.com/photos/95379588@N08/page1

Concerning the 262's transformation, while the thought that the arms may store along or inside the leg is practical, I really hope they form the upper and lower central fuselage with the gunpod and vertical stab. It would make the engineering that much more impressive, and I love it in any transforming design when every major part of the robot forms part of the alt mode seamlessly. This is already a beautiful and interesting valk; I hope Kawamori-san brought his engineering A-game to the table when hammering out this design.

awesome Lego's M'Kyuun! B))

Indeed your VF-4 is awesome. This is the third LEGO mech I've seen in the forums, makes me wonder if that shouldn't be its own thread. I'm always looking to steal techniques, especially for joints.

Edited by Mazinger

awesome Lego's M'Kyuun! B))

Indeed your VF-4 is awesome. This is the third LEGO mech I've seen in the forums, makes me wonder if that shouldn't be its own thread. I'm always looking to steal techniques, especially for joints.

+3! Love the blue vb-6!

Mazinger, the best technique/tip that I've heard of for joints is to keep your fingertips ever so slightly moist and keep it tight XD

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. Mazinger, there is a LEGO thread somewhere around here, but nobody's posted in it for quite some time. There's a dedicated LEGO Macross Flickr group, as well( some neat stuff, none of it mine :lol: ). My Classic Space Konig was a labor of love most of last year, and unfortunately, the final product couldn't handle the weight of the backpack, and just went ass over tea-kettle without a stand, which means I need to redesign the entire waist and upper leg area, or minimize the backpack area. Still not sure what I'm going to do with it. It's a big blue and gray paperweight right now, but I'm glad you like it. :D I'm thinking about building a Classic Space ship in two parts, a la the Legioss and Tread, fully variable. Taking some inspiration from Steel Battalion designs. I haven't gotten far with it yet, but I'm still testing ideas.

Back to the 262, I was thinking, if the arms are indeed centrally located (like I hope they are) with the stab and gunpod, Bandai may have 'borrowed' Yamato's & Arcadia's VF/YF-19 sliding arm solution to enable the arms to be positioned so far from where we believe the shoulders to be. I wish they'd just show us the battroid already...I'm not getting any younger, and I need more battroid in my life... B))

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. Mazinger, there is a LEGO thread somewhere around here, but nobody's posted in it for quite some time. There's a dedicated LEGO Macross Flickr group, as well( some neat stuff, none of it mine :lol: ). My Classic Space Konig was a labor of love most of last year, and unfortunately, the final product couldn't handle the weight of the backpack, and just went ass over tea-kettle without a stand, which means I need to redesign the entire waist and upper leg area, or minimize the backpack area. Still not sure what I'm going to do with it. It's a big blue and gray paperweight right now, but I'm glad you like it. :D I'm thinking about building a Classic Space ship in two parts, a la the Legioss and Tread, fully variable. Taking some inspiration from Steel Battalion designs. I haven't gotten far with it yet, but I'm still testing ideas.

Wow you got a lot of talent for Lego MOCs! People like you never cease to amaze me. I hope you share more of your creations in the future! :)

Wow you got a lot of talent for Lego MOCs! People like you never cease to amaze me. I hope you share more of your creations in the future! :)

Thanks! With sweet-talkin' like that, perhaps I will. ^_^ Kidding aside, I sincerely appreciate the compliment, ArchieNov.

I consider myself a very mediocre talent at best compared to folks like Peter Morris, Tyler Clites, Brian Cooper, Mark Stafford, rong_Yiren, Sean and Steph Mayo, Alice Finch, and on and on. There's a LEGO convention held in Seattle every year called BrickCon where AFOLs like me bring their creations for a 2 day public display. Every year, I'm blown away by the sheer creativity that people are capable of. Oh, I forgot to mention a fellow named Erik Hagsved- check out his huge LEGO transforming Optimus Prime; I've seen it in person, and it's extremely impressive. https://www.flickr.com/photos/epsilon-eta

Wmkjr, thanks for the vote of confidence. As with all of Kawamori-san's designs, I take a lot of inspiration and ideas, and I'm hoping the -262 will be unique and interesting in its transformation scheme, as I may find something there that I can translate into brick.

Edited by M'Kyuun