Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Maybe they'll pull a VF-171 and it won't transform until halfway through the series.

Then again, I highly doubt Bandai's ability to resist showing the other modes of this valk until the episode airs. Nowadays we get Gundam models before the show even premieres. Although I suppose they could just focus most of the promotion on the VF-31 and not released the 262 till later

I see a leg in the green+blue+grey parts, pretty much like a VF-117. Then the tip of the wing can either fold into the inner of the leg, or retract in the back of the battroid mode ala VF-25.

I agree with your suggestion for the leg (strong VB-6 vibe), and I think the wings will fold onto the battroid's back, in similar fashion as the SV-51. The case for the arms lying along the spine and and lower central fuselage, with the vertical stabs attached to the arms (there's a corresponding vertical stab on the lower fuselage as well) seems very plausible, even likely. I can see a hinge at the base of the stab where it will likely fold to be kibble or form a shield. From a practical standpoint, it doesn't make logical sense to utilize a primary flight control surface as a bullet catcher in battroid, but then again this is Macross. The same can be said for the YF-19, having your primary lift surfaces dangling off the legs by a single small pivot point...one little snag and tear, and your fighter mode is moot. Anyway, this speculation is fun, but I'm ready to see this thing in battroid.

I agree with your suggestion for the leg (strong VB-6 vibe), and I think the wings will fold onto the battroid's back, in similar fashion as the SV-51. The case for the arms lying along the spine and and lower central fuselage, with the vertical stabs attached to the arms (there's a corresponding vertical stab on the lower fuselage as well) seems very plausible, even likely. I can see a hinge at the base of the stab where it will likely fold to be kibble or form a shield. From a practical standpoint, it doesn't make logical sense to utilize a primary flight control surface as a bullet catcher in battroid, but then again this is Macross. The same can be said for the YF-19, having your primary lift surfaces dangling off the legs by a single small pivot point...one little snag and tear, and your fighter mode is moot. Anyway, this speculation is fun, but I'm ready to see this thing in battroid.

But Overtechnology!

The YF-21/VF-22 also used its tail fins as a shield. So this is not unheard of.

The bottom is so sleek. I wouldn't be surprised if the arms form the dorsal and pelvic sections of the plane. Slightly asymmetrical with one holding the gunpod that appears to be stored on the belly in fighter mode, and the other with the rear stab as a shield.

fZBgmYSl.jpg

ZTHTcTe.gif

Edited by ChaoticYeti

The bottom is so sleek. I wouldn't be surprised if the arms form the dorsal and pelvic sections of the plane. Slightly asymmetrical with one holding the gunpod that appears to be stored on the belly in fighter mode, and the other with the rear stab as a shield.

I agree this makes a lot of sense.

I gotta say, I'm so much excited by this than I am the VF-31. And I think the VF-31 is very nice too. I just hope the story gives me a reason to want to own one of these. With the price of the things being what they are, I don't buy unless there's something that hooks me about the machine in the story. Even then, sometimes the price keeps me from taking the plunge (I'm looking at you VF-25S + Armor Parts).

I just love the sleekness and angularity of this 'Valk. Kawamori has done a very good job with it, purely aesthetically if nothing else.

Have to agree there, this is just looking so much more interesting than the 31. Not that I don't like it overall, but the 31 just looks nowhere near as clean in fighter mode, and even if this thing turns out to have a hideous battroid, I'll probably buy a few just because it's a freakin transforming Draken. :lol:

Hey, you can own the inspiration behind it now, too:

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/for-sale-1964-saab-grey-import-425-000-1740305368

If we all pitch in it wouldn't take much to convert it to a variable fighter, right? We can film it like a reality show and we'll all bond and become the bestest of friends and we'll have so much fun. C,mon! Who's with me?

I'm excited for this for entirely different reasons than the 31, but I'd say it's on par between the two.

I'm more hype for the SV-262 than I am the 31, just because the 262 is a entirely new design. While the 31 is only half new with a lot things taken from the YF-30. Of course, we still have to see more of the 262 to make the call that this is an entirely new mold.

Besides, I always like the bad guy valk. Most of them look very intimidating and armed to the teeth.

Quoting Cyde01 from the Delta announcement thread.

I noticed these diamond hair ends too.

All the knights seem to have them.

attachicon.gifknights usb hair.jpg

My thoughts weren't that they were aliens or another race necessarily but maybe implants of some type.

Also the SV-262 has a closed cockpit design so I'm taking another leap here but do they "plug-in" to their Valks with these arrowhead/implant/USBs!?!

just like in Avatar, when they ride their horse, lol

Arms?

p9Myrr.png

The green and blue sections look like the legs to me and each foot makes up half of the single exhaust nozzle. I'm thinking one half of the nozzle swings left and the other swings right to become the feet.

I'm wondering if it's single engine than perhaps the main body/torso will be engine in the back and cockpit parts in front. The engine exhaust will point down for hovering and thrust in batroid mode.

This is looking like it will be a really cool looking batroid.

Edited by sharky

Def one of Kawamori's sleekest designs. Love the blue, but hate the gold (I have an aversion to gold and yellow coloration), so I'll likely wait for a different color scheme.

Im hoping they haven't shown us its other two modes in order to uphold the suspense factor and not because it might look crap.. Crossing fingers its other modes look bad ass! :rolleyes:

Love the look in fighter mode but worried that gerwalk and battroid might end up like another VF-4 and be kinda ugly in its other modes.. oops I did say I wasn't going to bash on the VF-4 anymore.. but its still a genuine concern. -_-

And I like the colors too! We haven't really had any tacky colored looking Valks up until now (re-issue Fire Valkyrie aside) so this one is welcome! ^_^

So much vitriol for the lovely VF-4 (it's in my avatar, if you haven't noticed). It's one of my favorite battroid designs, but to each his own; if we all liked the same stuff, it'd be a really boring world without much variety or progress.

I think the B and G modes are being withheld for suspense, at least that's my hope. I doubt anything can be worse than the extraordinarily fugly VA-3. I have a feeling the legs might be reminiscent of the VB-6, but beyond that, I'm not speculating too much. Even if it turns out not to be as pretty as most valks, I think it'll be interesting. If the nose becomes the lower torso like the SV-51, I won't mind that either...the 51 is another of my favorite designs. That may also explain the opaque canopy. Or the 262s are all unmanned drones, controlled by their respective pilots through their hair-diamond things.

Even though Macross has always been about the excitement of having pilots fighting from the cockpits of their valks, real world tech is edging ever closer to unmanned fighting machines doing the fighting with their operators afar and safe. Considering Macross takes place in our future, it's only practical that Kawamori incorporate the current direction in warfighting tech to the Macross series. The Ghost X-9 was a prescient piece of tech that's becoming our reality.

So much vitriol for the lovely VF-4 (it's in my avatar, if you haven't noticed). It's one of my favorite battroid designs, but to each his own; if we all liked the same stuff, it'd be a really boring world without much variety or progress.

I think the B and G modes are being withheld for suspense, at least that's my hope. I doubt anything can be worse than the extraordinarily fugly VA-3. I have a feeling the legs might be reminiscent of the VB-6, but beyond that, I'm not speculating too much. Even if it turns out not to be as pretty as most valks, I think it'll be interesting. If the nose becomes the lower torso like the SV-51, I won't mind that either...the 51 is another of my favorite designs. That may also explain the opaque canopy. Or the 262s are all unmanned drones, controlled by their respective pilots through their hair-diamond things.

Even though Macross has always been about the excitement of having pilots fighting from the cockpits of their valks, real world tech is edging ever closer to unmanned fighting machines doing the fighting with their operators afar and safe. Considering Macross takes place in our future, it's only practical that Kawamori incorporate the current direction in warfighting tech to the Macross series. The Ghost X-9 was a prescient piece of tech that's becoming our reality.

First time I saw the canopy on the 262 that was one of my initial thoughts.. as you said it does kinda make some sense as the trend will go that way in the real world anyways. For the series I would have thought the creators would prefer to have actual pilots piloting the things for the hero / drama factor. After all there wouldn't be any hero's if the pilots just sat all cosy in their capital ships or on a planet with little to no risk to their lives in combat.

More than likely it will be a similar setup as Brera and his VF-27.. or at least im hoping so..

Going back to the VF-4.. maybe if I ever switch mine to its other modes I would appreciate it a bit more? But for the moment Gerwalk & Battroid look like the modes which got the least amount of thought during the design phase. Also I don't particularly care for gerwalk & battroid modes with the 21-22. I have grown to like the SV-51 in gerwalk but its battroid mode is still a mixed bag for me.

Edited by spanner76

First time I saw the canopy on the 262 that was one of my initial thoughts.. as you said it does kinda make some sense as the trend will go that way in the real world anyways. For the series I would have thought the creators would prefer to have actual pilots piloting the things for the hero / drama factor. After all there wouldn't be any hero's if the pilots just sat all cosy in their capital ships or on a planet with little to no risk to their lives in combat.

More than likely it will be a similar setup as Brera and his VF-27.. or at least im hoping so..

Going back to the VF-4.. maybe if I ever switch mine to its other modes I would appreciate it a bit more? But for the moment Gerwalk & Battroid look like the modes which got the least amount of thought during the design phase. Also I don't particularly care for gerwalk & battroid modes with the 21-22. I have grown to like the SV-51 in gerwalk but its battroid mode is still a mixed bag for me.

That is, unless they have some sort of bond to their machines, so that damage to the valk is felt by the pilot, and if enough damage is sustained, it can literally kill the pilot through psychosomatic shock, or drive the pilot insane. I like that idea actually. I think it'd be cool if they enter these suspension tanks full of Evangelion-like LCL, suspended in this sensory gel that transmits their commands and feedback. It'd be a first for Macross, and a neat new bit of tech to add to the series. And, there's still peril to the pilots, so the danger to them is unmitigated, even if they're not in the valk.

As for the SV-51 GERWALK, I'll be the first to say I think GERWALK is lame. Throw your virtual stones and pitchforks, but I've always thought it rather dumb and pointless; it's mid transformation, not really a 'mode', IMHO. BUT, the SV-51 sways me, and I like it's GERWALK b/c it was inspired by and intended to resemble a bird, and I think Kawamori pulled it off well in this design. The -51 and the VF-9 Cutlass both have groovy GERWALK modes that appeal to me..along with the VB-6 and Variable Glaug. :wub: The rest of the valks' G modes..meh. :p:ph34r:

I'm all about the fighter mode on any valk, but I think I personally enjoy things like the VF-4, YF-21, and this Drakenvalk more than usual because they look so different, and yet still transform. And the less they look like they should transform, the better. The other modes may look a bit clunky, but that doesn't water them down for me, because they still fit inside a slick aircraft frame.

Maybe it's just because I enjoy the mental image of these valks standing around a group of kibble-tastic aircraft Transformers, and going "Neener neener neener!" All of these designs just provide proof that, yes, you CAN design transforming aircraft that don't require a giant box of limbs and bulk hanging underneath.

Also, as far as sensory cockpit inputs go.... Maybe it's time we had a Macross version of G-Gundam? :lol: But only if we can get the same voice actors, and the same composers for the soundtrack. I would watch the crap out of that.

(And then we discover the VF-31 team goes by playing card callsigns, and the universe implodes on itself in a puff of Seikan Hikou Slam Jam...)

Edited by Chronocidal

Having a picture with a better resolution I painted in some more areas where I think the parts separate. The main derivation form the previous picture is that you can now identify something that looks like a hinge for the winged backpack:

post-18307-0-19040800-1446675833_thumb.png

Sadly this means that it will have a similar backpack than all the other Valkyries from the Frontier area sans the VF-171.

Your thoughts?

I don't know where/how the arms would work with that arrangement. I still think the part on top, with the vertical stabiliser is at least one arm, so if that's the case, how does it attach to the shoulder? That looks to be a very long connection if that's how it works.

I love the speculation on transformation though. I think there's only so many ways to make it work and someone is bound to crack it if we have enough time before it's revealed.