What is the likelihood of Bandai making the rest of the VF-31's exclusives? And will they continue releasing them in reverse order since Hayate's is 05, go back to 01, or based on popularity or presence in the show?

None. And it's not because of popularity nor presence why Hayate got released first even though his Valk is 05. But mainly he's the star of the show. So basically, hero's Valk first. ;)

Are the pics thus far indicative of what the final product will look like? I'm really liking the matte finish I've seen so far on the VF31s. It makes the 29s' shiny plastic look like a cheap knock off.

There's a big chance that it might be matte finish like the YF-30. ;)

None. And it's not because of popularity nor presence why Hayate got released first even though his Valk is 05. But mainly he's the star of the show. So basically, hero's Valk first. ;)

Isn't that just presence though? The ones with the most presence in a show are always the MC/hero.

Isn't that just presence though? The ones with the most presence in a show are always the MC/hero.

Ooppss. My bad. Sorry about that. What I'm trying to say is that whatever valk code number Hayate has he will still be the first one to get released since he's the hero of the show. So that eliminates the release of the valk via number. Yeah, it can be the presence though. But it can be case to case basis too. Because I have a feeling that even though Mirage has strong presence against Arad or Messer, hers can get released after them. But definitely she will get released before Chuck's. ;)

Ah I got ya now.

Anyway I'm worried I'm going to miss out on the eventual Mirage preorder, now that I'm going to be busier for the rest of the year. I was lucky that I was at home on my PC at the time of Hayate's preorder going live, but now I'm going to have to rely on my phone.

Knowing that they have good reputation and all, what are the chances that you can score one knowing that most of the popular japanese store is already sold out?

I don't think being sold out at Japanese retailers is necessarily indicative of availability outside Japan. I think there's generally some % of the production runs that're specifically allocated for export and it's not really that uncommon for stuff be sold out at AmiAmi, HLJ, etc but still be available at BBTS a month later.

That said, I've never actually pre-ordered anything from them myself and most of those come from Bluefin... and I don't think they're allowed to carry Macross because of Toynami / Harmony Gold so I'm not sure where these would be coming from.

There is one that still got this valk on pre-order but at an indecent price of 260$, before shipping...(http://www.hobbyshop2go.com/en/shop/products/dx-chogokin-vf-31j-siegried-hayate-immelmann-pilot---d10025bb9-1783-415a-a866-a65601673afd.html)

Since they don't put an hard deadline, it is hard to know if they don't have enough orders or if they are not legetimate.

At this price level, this is a form of stealing to me because this is from an online shop...

Does anyone know the actual release date for this? I know they say Dec 2016 but will it be beginning or end the month. The reason I am asking is I may be in Tokyo for the holidays and will try to time it around the release date. If I am going, I will be willing to pick up a few for forum members who miss out on the presales (If I can find them).

Does anyone know the actual release date for this? I know they say Dec 2016 but will it be beginning or end the month. The reason I am asking is I may be in Tokyo for the holidays and will try to time it around the release date. If I am going, I will be willing to pick up a few for forum members who miss out on the presales (If I can find them).

It's usually on the last day of the month, 30th or 31st, but they occasionally release a few days earlier.

I know Christmas is not big in Japan, but every December when there's new Macross stuff coming out, I do wish Bandai would spare a thought for their overseas customers and actually release new products in the first one or two weeks of December, so that we could get the items in time for Christmas. It would be really nice to have the new VF-31J DX under the tree in time to open for Christmas.

Well it's getting pricier as per the macross inflation index..

On the bright side we get removable boomerang drones and the pleasure of searching for them after accidentally dropping em..

On the front fuselage the landing gear bay doors are opening like they should and the nose gear looks as unattractive as any other dx...

However the color scheme seems to be translating along nicely into the final dx version ..

Is this a transformable toy, like the old VF-1s (where wheels are contained in the nose and legs for when fighter mode), or is it a model kit you need to put together but can assemble in one of the 3 modes?

Why even have a commercial? You can't get them since all preorders are sold out.

to increase demand even more. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai decides to increase production and then all the stores will reopen the preorders before release, similar to the VF-19 advance.

It's too bad they couldn't come up with something more interesting for the display stand base like the sms logo for the frontier releases.

Agreed, but it'd be like putting perfume on a pig. The SMS stands were okay, but nothing special (as far as stands go).

We'd be better served if Bandai would include a better designed stand, or just not include one and lower the price.

No argument with your thought, just want something that is more dynamic, or nothing at all.

-b.

It's too bad they couldn't come up with something more interesting for the display stand base like the sms logo for the frontier releases that isn't a complete eyesore of a stand for once.

Fixed. :p I'll never ever understand why Bandai is so obsessed with designing such massive brackets to mount their valks on. You'd think someone at Bandai would be able to save them a ton of plastic by coming up with some sort of clip that just latches onto the valk.

that face on the right of 04 must be the pre-order madness avatar...

LMAO. :p

It's too bad they couldn't come up with something more interesting for the display stand base like the sms logo for the frontier releases.

Agreed...they've been dropping the ball ever since they came up with that hex variant.

A nice NUNS or DELTA FLIGHT or XAOS logo would be great.