Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Wow, that's the first time I've seen the backside of the armored pack.

One thing you can't fault Bandai is the lack of tampo printing on their DX toys. IIRC not even Ozma's renewal armor pack was tampoed so generously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brouken said:

Wow, that's the first time I've seen the backside of the armored pack.

One thing you can't fault Bandai is the lack of tampo printing on their DX toys. IIRC not even Ozma's renewal armor pack was tampoed so generously.

You can thank the improved CGI used for Delta, as Bandai is just tampo printing what's seen on screen for Frontier and Delta. 

If it wasn't on the VF-25 CG model, then it meant none on the toys or model kits. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, enphily said:

D0plCYEUcAAWOVc.jpg

 

If I didn't know better, looking at these pics, I would have thought this was some new Gundam, not a Valk. For as pretty as the 31 is normally, this is just so over the top that I don't  find it a compelling buy other than for completness. That said, I'd love to see this redesigned into a new destroid. Totally remove the sleek VF elements and replace them with a foot base and body meant to support all those heavy weapons (big and bulky) and it would be a cool successor to the Cheyenne II. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ipsquitch said:

If I didn't know better, looking at these pics, I would have thought this was some new Gundam, not a Valk. For as pretty as the 31 is normally, this is just so over the top that I don't  find it a compelling buy other than for completness. That said, I'd love to see this redesigned into a new destroid. Totally remove the sleek VF elements and replace them with a foot base and body meant to support all those heavy weapons (big and bulky) and it would be a cool successor to the Cheyenne II. 

I've always thought that "Armoured Packs" turn a Valk into the Macross equivalent of a Mobile-Armour...

but that's also why I like the Armoured Fighter Modes... a big, F-off star-fighter that can dump it's 0-G armour/gear and immediately become aerodynamic enough for atmospheric combat appeals to me.

Edited by slide
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, slide said:

I've always thought that "Armoured Packs" turn a Valk into the Macross equivalent of a Mobile-Armour...

but that's also why I like the Armoured Fighter Modes... a big, F-off star-fighter that can dump it's 0-G armour/gear and immediately become aerodynamic enough for atmospheric combat appeals to me.

10 years ago, I would have loved this design. I think, as I get older, I've become more of a minimalist. I'll say though, my wallet is super happy I'm not getting this one. I've put that poor thing through a lot the past month! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I guess it’ll be a game to see if this thing can be posed standing.  On the plus side Bandai had the foresight to make the hips far tighter/better on the 31 than the 25.

I think that Bandai just want to know how far they can abuse the new joints

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I guess it’ll be a game to see if this thing can be posed standing.  On the plus side Bandai had the foresight to make the hips far tighter/better on the 31 than the 25.

I think it's going to depend on how the weight's distributed. With the Lill Drakens I've put a forward lean on the figure for a sort of knees bent "launch" pose, but the big gatling guns make me think the AP will be front heavy. Maybe a kind of shoulders/elbows back pose with the guns horizontal will balance them over the hips.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

PLEASE!!! Please just not next week...

Tempt NOT the Fates!!:ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Why does it matter? It'll be TWE so no po mad rush.

True, that there is no PO mad rush. But it does matter because it’s TWE. And what does TWE means? It’s abbreviation for ‘Pay Upfront’. That’s instant Y17000+. Shipping cost not included yet.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

True, that there is no PO mad rush. But it does matter because it’s TWE. And what does TWE means? It’s abbreviation for ‘Pay Upfront’. That’s instant Y17000+. Shipping cost not included yet.

 

So true @no3Ljm , not sure why some would get excited to see a figure go TWE not only you need to pay upfront but also a Markup  price as well plus the proxy expenses, so unless you live in Japan so then it would be awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

So true @no3Ljm , not sure why some would get excited to see a figure go TWE not only you need to pay upfront but also a Markup  price as well plus the proxy expenses, so unless you live in Japan so then it would be awesome.

Probably because it means no pre-order madness. Aside from the 31a fiasco, you might pay more but at least you'll get what you're looking for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ditto!

ya , does look gundam-ish at certain angles .

I see all the weight in the shoulders , back and legs. Gonna be a bear to pose, me thinks.

As per my usual pose preference,would love to see fighter mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Saburo said:

I learned from the best. :good:

 

Playing around with the VF-31F and the Lill Draken adapters. :D

 

Nice! I wish there were third party adapters cos i don't want to get another set just for the adapters...:mellow:
Imagine what you could load up!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's this?

NYWait.jpg.2be41af8da4bf4e7f730fa96df650038.jpg

 

Has some kind of preorder madness started at NY?

Seems like Nippon-Yasan now adds you to a waitlist to access their site instead of outright crashing when the traffic volume is too high?

Edited by todd77
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

True, that there is no PO mad rush. But it does matter because it’s TWE. And what does TWE means? It’s abbreviation for ‘Pay Upfront’. That’s instant Y17000+. Shipping cost not included yet.

 

Some people find lack of stress and the ability to sleep through the night preferable to saving $20 or $30.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

I got an email saying they are doing a promo for free shipping on anything in stock. Might be a way to handle the website traffic. 

But... the free shipping promotion does not start for another 10+ hours.

Maybe there is PO madness for some other item/series that, since it is not Macross, we are not aware of?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, todd77 said:

What's this?

NYWait.jpg.2be41af8da4bf4e7f730fa96df650038.jpg

 

Has some kind of preorder madness started at NY?

Seems like Nippon-Yasan now adds you to a waitlist to access their site instead of outright crashing when the traffic volume is too high?

I can’t even get on to pay for an existing preorder lol

NY you so crazeh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, todd77 said:

What's this?

NYWait.jpg.2be41af8da4bf4e7f730fa96df650038.jpg

 

Has some kind of preorder madness started at NY?

Seems like Nippon-Yasan now adds you to a waitlist to access their site instead of outright crashing when the traffic volume is too high?

Imagine running into this on PO madness night?  It is for their free shipping sale.  They jacked the price up on all items anyways so there is no real savings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Darth Mingus said:

Imagine running into this on PO madness night?  It is for their free shipping sale.  They jacked the price up on all items anyways so there is no real savings.

I was going to pick up the 31S the last time they had free shipping and it was still 23k  but finally decided against it, and now they jacked it up to 38k...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m number 174.

giphy.gif

Sorry, I didn’t had time to edit the gif. :lol:

I just want to check my orders but I’m not going to wait. So good luck on the next number 174. :spiteful:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mommar said:

Why not next week?  Also, you’ve probably ensured it’s next week.

 

15 hours ago, slide said:

Tempt NOT the Fates!!:ph34r:

 

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

True, that there is no PO mad rush. But it does matter because it’s TWE. And what does TWE means? It’s abbreviation for ‘Pay Upfront’. That’s instant Y17000+. Shipping cost not included yet.

 

LOL - yeah you're right that it would serve me right to tempt the fates.  I'm going on Vacation next week and it would be my luck for them to PO on my week off with unreliable internet - plus my family would kill me if I'm online.

So this armor pack is TWE?  That means the order window would be open longer right?  But wasn't the VF-31A also TWE and we all know the craziness of not ordering right away when it opened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...