Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I can't believe people are biting at those prices. I love this hobby, but I draw the line at paying 50% of MSRP for an item that I really, really, REALLY want. Anything beyond that and its not worth getting IMHO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know this is unlikely, but I personally really hope they release Arad's 31A, an alpha 1, 2, 4, 5, 6.... (and while they're at it, beta 1-6)... the more the merrier!  I couldn't care less if the ones I own depreciate, I just want to be able to get more.

I also hope that going forward we see more grey low-viz style schemes in macross series.  I hope they get the hint from Ozma's 25, 29, and the 31A that the demand is there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just don’t get the hate for NY. They did everything in their power to deliver all their preorders for the lowest price of 23,000 yen in to just recently when prices have been around three times that. They could easily have just said they couldn’t fulfill the orders and refunded everyone and then sold their stock at a much higher price, which would be worthy of hating. But instead, they seemed to have delivered all orders so what’s wrong with selling any extra at market rate? That’s what businesses are meant to do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I just don’t get the hate for NY. They did everything in their power to deliver all their preorders for the lowest price of 23,000 yen in to just recently when prices have been around three times that. They could easily have just said they couldn’t fulfill the orders and refunded everyone and then sold their stock at a much higher price, which would be worthy of hating. But instead, they seemed to have delivered all orders so what’s wrong with selling any extra at market rate? That’s what businesses are meant to do. 

Because it took them so long to deliver that they're now selling the ones that people abandoned as they freaked out and prices sky rocketed. No one was ever assured they would get it from NY, particularly as the time table crept out, so several people bought from other sources at huge mark ups to guarantee they'd have one. In the end, NY has every right to do what they're doing, but they obviously are the ones who benefited from this, not the consumers who expected to receive it at MSRP on release date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jenius said:

Because it took them so long to deliver that they're now selling the ones that people abandoned as they freaked out and prices sky rocketed. No one was ever assured they would get it from NY, particularly as the time table crept out, so several people bought from other sources at huge mark ups to guarantee they'd have one. In the end, NY has every right to do what they're doing, but they obviously are the ones who benefited from this, not the consumers who expected to receive it at MSRP on release date.

I’m pretty sure everyone who didn’t freak out over a toy and waited to get theirs at original price while everyone else was selling for double the price right release benefitted. 

I offered anyone who couldn’t wait a good amount over what they paid to turn their order over to me because NY did assure everyone they would get their items if they just waited. No one took my offer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was rather generous of you to offer, but I gotta ask the question of "why would you do that?"   Just some personal motivation based on some sort of loyalty to an import-store in japan that you have no business links with?

As such, thought I remember N-Y was not offering any refunds on it, but was trying to issue some "credits" that cannot be used on existing orders?

Besides, how long was the wait?  Two years or so?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I’m pretty sure everyone who didn’t freak out over a toy and waited to get theirs at original price while everyone else was selling for double the price right release benefitted. 

I offered anyone who couldn’t wait a good amount over what they paid to turn their order over to me because NY did assure everyone they would get their items if they just waited. No one took my offer. 

The benefit of hindsight is nice, but as this went down there was lots of uncertainty. No one taking you up on your offer is a whole other thing. At the end of the day, people paid up front for an item, didn't get that item for a crazy length of time, many lost hope and accepted credit for their orders and they should have never been in that scenario... They should have received the item on release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, treatment said:

That was rather generous of you to offer, but I gotta ask the question of "why would you do that?"   Just some personal motivation based on some sort of loyalty to an import-store in japan that you have no business links with?

As such, thought I remember N-Y was not offering any refunds on it, but was trying to issue some "credits" that cannot be used on existing orders?

Besides, how long was the wait?  Two years or so?

 

 

I have no loyalty to any business organization. I just shop with whoever delivers the items I want at the lowest price and that is usually NY. The reason I made the offer is because it was clear to me that NY was going to deliver or they would have cancelled the orders like other stores did. I missed the preorder at NY and wanted the Valk so it was a no brainer for me to offer any disgruntled shoppers more than their money back to give their order to me. I don’t care about waiting as long as I get my item. 

12 minutes ago, jenius said:

The benefit of hindsight is nice, but as this went down there was lots of uncertainty. No one taking you up on your offer is a whole other thing. At the end of the day, people paid up front for an item, didn't get that item for a crazy length of time, many lost hope and accepted credit for their orders and they should have never been in that scenario... They should have received the item on release.

Again, I don’t think there was any uncertainty. They either fulfill their orders or they cancel them. They never said they could not fulfill orders and I think that’s probably why they only offered credit to those who panicked. If they really couldn’t fulfill, they would have to cancel the orders and refund. This was a one time case and it is highly likely that it was Bandai’s fault for the delays, not NY’s and again, they went above and beyond to deliver when they didn’t have to. 

Again, it doesn’t matter to me but just funny that so many people fume about NY and “swear off” them but every preorder night, it seems harder and harder to get an order through. 

Whatever the case, it is a unique and interesting situation that would be cool to learn more about what happened on the supply end. 

6 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I’ll order one set of Armored Parts at NY.

I’m probably going to order two from them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyway. If Bandai does make a 31A Arad type, it probably won’t be announced much before 2020. That $150 Kairos on eBay Japan was a fluke that’ll most likely not be repeated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, treatment said:

That was rather generous of you to offer, but I gotta ask the question of "why would you do that?"   Just some personal motivation based on some sort of loyalty to an import-store in japan that you have no business links with?

As such, thought I remember N-Y was not offering any refunds on it, but was trying to issue some "credits" that cannot be used on existing orders?

Besides, how long was the wait?  Two years or so?

because it gave him a chance to score a 31a below market from someone who was impatient?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I’ll order one set of Armored Parts at NY.

I’ll order one from them as well but definitely securing an extra copy somewhere else. I don’t want to end up waiting a year for my armor parts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I have no loyalty to any business organization. I just shop with whoever delivers the items I want at the lowest price and that is usually NY. The reason I made the offer is because it was clear to me that NY was going to deliver or they would have cancelled the orders like other stores did. I missed the preorder at NY and wanted the Valk so it was a no brainer for me to offer any disgruntled shoppers more than their money back to give their order to me. I don’t care about waiting as long as I get my item. 

Again, I don’t think there was any uncertainty. They either fulfill their orders or they cancel them. They never said they could not fulfill orders and I think that’s probably why they only offered credit to those who panicked. If they really couldn’t fulfill, they would have to cancel the orders and refund. This was a one time case and it is highly likely that it was Bandai’s fault for the delays, not NY’s and again, they went above and beyond to deliver when they didn’t have to. 

Again, it doesn’t matter to me but just funny that so many people fume about NY and “swear off” them but every preorder night, it seems harder and harder to get an order through. 

Whatever the case, it is a unique and interesting situation that would be cool to learn more about what happened on the supply end. 

I’m probably going to order two from them. 

 

50 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

because it gave him a chance to score a 31a below market from someone who was impatient?

So let me get this straight...

The offer was for only one?   That's a fair reasoning for somebody who missed out on the PO.

However, I was rather under the impression that Slave was willing to take over multiple orders from each respective disgruntled members here?

That would've been really costly, hence my "generous" comment...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, treatment said:

 

So let me get this straight...

The offer was for only one?   That's a fair reasoning for somebody who missed out on the PO.

However, I was rather under the impression that Slave was willing to take over multiple orders from each respective disgruntled members here?

That would've been really costly, hence my "generous" comment...

 

My offer for for one but I would have done more if anyone wanted to. Anyways, it's over with now and I still haven't opened the one I did get yet, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, brouken said:

Now imagine the chaos when Bandai decides to release Arad's VF-31A. :)

I can imagine the "Crapfest" that will appear when Bandai does decide to release Arad's 31a, plus I'm guessing as for the second Delta Movie valk release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, borgified said:

I can imagine the "Crapfest" that will appear when Bandai does decide to release Arad's 31a, plus I'm guessing as for the second Delta Movie valk release.

if that dragon "insignia" thing can be wiped off with something, I would be very interested in getting another 31A.  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sildani said:

That $150 Kairos on eBay Japan was a fluke that’ll most likely not be repeated. 

I know but I saw it literally 5 minutes after it went up and passed lol

Should have bought it and sold it but I know I would have just kept it and I don’t need another one hehe

Whoever got it must be over the moon...or a scalper ha

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I know but I saw it literally 5 minutes after it went up and passed lol

Should have bought it and sold it but I know I would have just kept it and I don’t need another one hehe

Whoever got it must be over the moon...or a scalper ha

Or, the post was an error, and whoever bought it is going to receive a refund and an apology.  Happened to me before when a Japanese seller accidentally listed an Arcadia VF-0S for $250 bucks.  I was a sad panda...

 

But I agree, if I had the chance, I would have taken it just to get another one... oh man am I addicted...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dur said:

Or, the post was an error, and whoever bought it is going to receive a refund and an apology.  Happened to me before when a Japanese seller accidentally listed an Arcadia VF-0S for $250 bucks.  I was a sad panda...

 

But I agree, if I had the chance, I would have taken it just to get another one... oh man am I addicted...

I think this is probably the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rdrunner said:

if that dragon "insignia" thing can be wiped off with something, I would be very interested in getting another 31A.  :D

How easy would it be, do you think, to remove the insignia? I thk noel tried to custom his 31J tailfin(?) before but the tampo wasn’t as easy to come off..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I just don’t get the hate for NY. They did everything in their power to deliver all their preorders for the lowest price of 23,000 yen in to just recently when prices have been around three times that. They could easily have just said they couldn’t fulfill the orders and refunded everyone and then sold their stock at a much higher price, which would be worthy of hating. But instead, they seemed to have delivered all orders so what’s wrong with selling any extra at market rate? That’s what businesses are meant to do. 

Although I received mine from NY, the main issue I had with them was that, on my second message to them regarding the VF-31A, they basically told me that we do not know if when you will get it, if you dont like it you can get store credit, store credit that had so much caveats on them, thus, the whole experience left a bitter taste in some of our mouths, in the past for TWE items they used to only charge us when the items were near release, but when they started charging upfront for items and not delivering on time, you can understand why people were feeling antsy.

If NY did not charge upfront for the item, I think a lot less people would have been pissed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Although I received mine from NY, the main issue I had with them was that, on my second message to them regarding the VF-31A, they basically told me that we do not know if when you will get it, if you dont like it you can get store credit, store credit that had so much caveats on them, thus, the whole experience left a bitter taste in some of our mouths, in the past for TWE items they used to only charge us when the items were near release, but when they started charging upfront for items and not delivering on time, you can understand why people were feeling antsy.

If NY did not charge upfront for the item, I think a lot less people would have been pissed

It's all good. If I were in the situation, I would just keep waiting until I get the figure or they tell me they can't deliver. If they can't deliver, they have to give my money back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

How easy would it be, do you think, to remove the insignia? I thk noel tried to custom his 31J tailfin(?) before but the tampo wasn’t as easy to come off..

It was on my 31F, Seti. I stopped rubbing the tampo with alcohol when I notice that the underlying black paint is starting to smear a little. :unsure:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...