On 8/24/2018 at 8:02 AM, ChaoticYeti said:

Similar story. I reached out to them yesterday asking for an update. I mentioned if they were not going to be able to fullfil the pre-order I want the value transfered to store credit. I received an uncharacteristically quick reply stating that they would be sending out the item as soon as possible. Read into that what you will, and your mileage may vary. I had been inquiring about once a month on status.

1G9c5eR.jpg

As a follow up, I just received a shipment notification and tracking.

Almost a full year (over 10 months to exact from start to finsih) for Yeti's 31a to be sent and there's more members that are still waiting for their copy to be fulfilled.

I'm guessing that it will be over a year before everything is settled (or sooner)? :unknw:

It is totally bizarre. Where is NY getting their VF-31As from. Why do they tickle out so slowly. I can't imagine that Bandai is producing more VF-31As and sending out one per month to NY so where are they from?

39 minutes ago, Scyla said:

It is totally bizarre. Where is NY getting their VF-31As from. Why do they tickle out so slowly. I can't imagine that Bandai is producing more VF-31As and sending out one per month to NY so where are they from?

Adding to the strangeness is that it seems NY knew this is how it would play out, to some degree or another.  Their refusal to refund money, never fully admit that they can't fulfill orders, and general lack of providing information about the situation seems to imply that they knew they would get a steady stream of these long after release.

I'm not saying how NY handled this is right, but what is going on that they knew they would be able to fill most of the orders over the course of several months?

Doing my bi-monthly check in here.. looks like 31A's are still in limbo for some.. good lord... but glad things are progressing. I kinda completely ignored the 31S release, heh.. but I only ever wanted the 31F and A anyway. I don't know yet if I want supers for 31A.. if they're even being planned.. but I suspect an armored pack might happen... but not sure if I want that either... I'll have to see it in action in the movie, but not sure when I'll get around to that.

46 minutes ago, Mommar said:

There's a decent amount of screen time for Chuck and Arads Armor Packs.  They're cool.  Practically zero for the A's though.

Too bad about the S, it's a really great looking Valk actually.

You've seen the movie already, Mommar? How orange the orange parts on Arad's Armor Pack?

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You've seen the movie already, Mommar? How orange the orange parts on Arad's Armor Pack?

I got the movie in the mail last night and watched it immediately.  You honestly can't tell it's orange in the show.  Of course everything moves too fast to see much of anything during the action sequences anyway...

In the book that comes with the film there are two screen shots directly from the film.  In one they appear orange, in the other they appear red.

FYI I did post a mini-review in the TV and Movies section if you're interested in my thoughts.

Edited by Mommar

14 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Is there going to be an armored parts release for all the 31's?

We don’t know.  Bandai aren't known for putting out merchandise that isn’t directly tied to the animation, as such only Arad’s 31S, Chucks 31E and three no-name wingmen in 31A’s are ever depicted using the Armored Parts in the film. We’re still waiting for announcements on Armor parts for the Arad and 31A releases too.

11 minutes ago, Mommar said:

We don’t know.  Bandai aren't known for putting out merchandise that isn’t directly tied to the animation, as such only Arad’s 31S, Chucks 31E and three no-name wingmen in 31A’s are ever depicted using the Armored Parts in the film. We’re still waiting for announcements on Armor parts for the Arad and 31A releases too.

Thanks. I asked because I saw this and got excited for the 31F.

macross-delta-movie-gekijou-no-walkure-limited-edition-561569.4.jpg

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Bandai does put out stuff from movies exclusively..  Like the Tornado Packs and YF-29 were only in the movies. Can't wait for the 31E and the armor packs :)    My blu-ray for the Delta movie is still in the mail.

20 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Adding to the strangeness is that it seems NY knew this is how it would play out, to some degree or another.  Their refusal to refund money, never fully admit that they can't fulfill orders, and general lack of providing information about the situation seems to imply that they knew they would get a steady stream of these long after release.

I'm not saying how NY handled this is right, but what is going on that they knew they would be able to fill most of the orders over the course of several months?

I wonder whether maybe Bandai made a snap decision on the 31F reissue and had to pull the moulds from 31A production. The reissue did kinda come out of nowhere. They still haven't announced any movie content besides the Lil Draken clips, so up until then the release schedule was probably decided before the movie finished production.

From there, Bandai would have contacted the resellers and asked who wanted eg. a discount on their orders if they were willing to accept a delay.

Edited by WaferMouse

20 hours ago, Scyla said:

I believe NY is retrieving toys through a dimensional portal in the space time continuum, from a reality where more than enough toys were produced to fill all orders.

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

I got the movie in the mail last night and watched it immediately.  You honestly can't tell it's orange in the show.  Of course everything moves too fast to see much of anything during the action sequences anyway...

In the book that comes with the film there are two screen shots directly from the film.  In one they appear orange, in the other they appear red.

FYI I did post a mini-review in the TV and Movies section if you're interested in my thoughts.

Hey Mommar. Thanks for the reply. I just hope that the orange will look nice on the Armored Parts since Arad's 31S is already colorful enough to add another color on it. Anyways, I already read your review. Not looking forward on watching it though. I only wanted to see the new action sequence that you mentioned if it's great enough to own one. Will wait for everyone's feedback before deciding on getting one. ;)

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Mommar. Thanks for the reply. I just hope that the orange will look nice on the Armored Parts since Arad's 31S is already colorful enough to add another color on it. Anyways, I already read your review. Not looking forward on watching it though. I only wanted to see the new action sequence that you mentioned if it's great enough to own one. Will wait for everyone's feedback before deciding on getting one. ;)

There's new stuff sprinkled into all of the action sequences.  But the final battle is about 20 minutes or so and it's pretty much all new.  It's a two hour movie and probably 25% of it is new footage.

3 hours ago, NeoVanguard said:

Bandai does put out stuff from movies exclusively..  Like the Tornado Packs and YF-29 were only in the movies. Can't wait for the 31E and the armor packs :)    My blu-ray for the Delta movie is still in the mail.

When did I say they don't produce stuff from the movies?

4 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Thanks. I asked because I saw this and got excited for the 31F.

macross-delta-movie-gekijou-no-walkure-limited-edition-561569.4.jpg

That's the sleeve the double discs come in.  Tenjin did a good job, however, three of those valks are never seen wearing the armor in animation and Bandai usually only produces stuff that's appeared in anime.  Realistically it would make sense to make the armor for all the Valks, might as well milk the mold if they're going to make it.  But don't hold your breath.

20 hours ago, Mommar said:

There's new stuff sprinkled into all of the action sequences.  But the final battle is about 20 minutes or so and it's pretty much all new.  It's a two hour movie and probably 25% of it is new footage.

When did I say they don't produce stuff from the movies?

That's the sleeve the double discs come in.  Tenjin did a good job, however, three of those valks are never seen wearing the armor in animation and Bandai usually only produces stuff that's appeared in anime.  Realistically it would make sense to make the armor for all the Valks, might as well milk the mold if they're going to make it.  But don't hold your breath.

Darn, I was really hoping Mirage’s was on-screen like that with a likely release.  Will just keep hoping for Arad’s 31A or something....

Movie Spoilers:

Spoiler

In the movie the final battle has:

• Hayate in Messer's valk with Draken boosters
  • Mirage in the 262Ba with Draken boosters
  • Chuck and Arad in armor packs
  • CF 31As in armor packs

Prior to the final battle it's just supers, no armor packs

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Ack. My Passionate Walkure Blu-ray from CDjapan is still in transit, and here I am reading the spoilers. :crazy:

Was lurking the thread to see if Arad’s Armor and/or super packs have been announced. Arad feels so naked alongside Hayate, Messer and Mirage...

3 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Darn, I was really hoping Mirage’s was on-screen like that with a likely release.  Will just keep hoping for Arad’s 31A or something....

I’s buy them if they made them but as far as the movie is concerned, no.

On 8/24/2018 at 9:41 AM, Sildani said:

I got some Mirage Super parts off eBay from a Japanese seller. Received them today and they’re missing the reaction missiles. After a small bit of back and forth seller apologized and will either accept them back or give me $50 if I keep them. I’m torn. Anybody have any idea if the missiles could be found later if I try hard enough? Anyone see any anywhere? Thanks!

I would return them on the basis that I have no guarantee I will find them, in what condition, and at a fair price, considering dxs always go high

Decided to keep it. With all the discounts and refunds I got, these parts cost me $37 shipped. Can’t do better, missiles or not. 

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, ChaoticYeti said:

As a follow up, I just received a shipment notification and tracking.

See, and I created my order 3 days before this, and I'm still waiting.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I’s buy them if they made them but as far as the movie is concerned, no.

That's what I meant---I'd buy them regardless of "on-screen canon" status, but they're unlikely to ever be made if they only exist as cover-art and not on-screen.  

Anything is possible.  Because who would have thought that bandai would come out with the DX YF-30 Chronos, when it was the last Valkyrie you unlocked in a PS3 game.  That was the whole reason I got the VF-31A because it had the same sweet silhouette. 

Edited by NeoVanguard