I'll take C & A for $200 each Alex.

BTW, is there any images of the DX prototypes that are close enough to tell if the YF-30's missile pod is interchangeable with the gun-pod/recharger pod on the VF-31? Because that'd be a rather neat trick to allow mix'n'matching.

Edited by VF-9 Cirno

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ok list is updated most popular valk on Macross World.

latest results:

• VF-31F Delta 02 w/ 18 votes
  • Second: VF-31S Delta 01 w/ 12 votes

​​if anyone is not on the list and wishes to be added on just post your list and i'll update it later at night.

Macross World member's favorite VF-31 :wub:

VF-31S

Delta 01 -pilot* Arad Mölders

-associated waifu** Mikumo Guynemer

1. Seti88
  2. Scyla
  3. Andy NYK
  4. barurutor
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 02)
  6. no3ljm
  7. Shukenzero
  8. valhary
  9. Dio
  10. ULessa (tie w/ delta 02)
  11. Scream Man
  12. Nazareno2012

VF-31F

Delta 02 -pilot* Messer Ihlefeld

-associated waifu** Kaname Buccaneer

1. Raptor One
  2. Saburo (tie w/ delta 04)
  3. Graham
  4. chyll2
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 01)
  6. Sildani
  7. Kaneda's Bike
  8. charger69
  9. akteon
  10. NZEOD
  11. RocketGTR
  12. McFly!!
  13. M'Kyuun
  14. realdeal
  15. Garfinkel
  16. ULessa (tie w/ delta 01)
  17. Mr Bomber
  18. Alberich

VF-31E

Delta 03 -pilot* Chuck Mustang

-associated waifu Reina Prowler

1. Major Focker
  2. wmkjr (tie w/ delta 04)

VF-31C

Delta 04 -pilot* Mirage Fallyna Jenius :wub:

-associated waifu** Makina Nakajima

1. davidwhangchoi
  2. mod David
  3. Saburo (tie w/ delta 02)
  4. Bub
  5. wmkjr (tie w/ delta 03)
  6. anime52k8
  7. ManhattanProject972 (tie w/ delta 05)
  8. VF-9 Cirno (tie w/ VF-31A)
  9. sh9000
  10. hachi (tie w/ delta 05)
  11. aurance

VF-31J

Delta 05 -pilot* Hayate Immelmann

-associated waifu** Freyja Wion

1. abbadon
  2. Lorindor
  3. ManhattanProject972 (tie w/ delta 04)
  4. hachi (tie w/ delta 04)

VF-31A

1. GabrielV
  2. 1/1 LowViz Lurker
  3. sandman
  4. Ignacio Ocamica
  5. Moosey
  6. physioguy
  7. Spanner76
  8. raptormesh
  9. Kelsain
  10. VF-9 Cirno
  11. ErikElvis

will update weekly or bi-weekly. more frequent when we get closer to pre-order stage.

* may be subject to change :p

** speculated based on interactions

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'll take C & A for $200 each Alex.

BTW, is there any images of the DX prototypes that are close enough to tell if the YF-30's missile pod is interchangeable with the gun-pod/recharger pod on the VF-31? Because that'd be a rather neat trick to allow mix'n'matching.

That would be great, but the differences in the spine of the fighter mode make me think this will be impossible. The VF-31 doesn't have the wide open channel between the engines that the -30 does; it's sealed on the dorsal side for at least half the length of the weapon pod.

That would be great, but the differences in the spine of the fighter mode make me think this will be impossible. The VF-31 doesn't have the wide open channel between the engines that the -30 does; it's sealed on the dorsal side for at least half the length of the weapon pod.

In addition I'm sure that Bandai will color-code the hell out of the different add-on sets. And who would be crazy enough deploy a blue colored laser gun on a magenta colored Valkyrie? :unsure:

In addition I'm sure that Bandai will color-code the hell out of the different add-on sets. And who would be crazy enough deploy a blue colored laser gun on a magenta colored Valkyrie? :unsure:

Yeah, and it's not just the weapon itself. On the YF-30, at least, the detachable portion of the pod includes a section of the aircraft spine. Even setting aside Bandai tricks to exploit our OCD, you've got to admit that would look janky on a mismatched valk.

Yeah, and it's not just the weapon itself. On the YF-30, at least, the detachable portion of the pod includes a section of the aircraft spine. Even setting aside Bandai tricks to exploit our OCD, you've got to admit that would look janky on a mismatched valk.

LOL - I totally would, just as an ineffective way to say screw you to Bandai and to my own very, very, very strong personal OCD.

An 02 Valk with a 04 whatever-that-is-pod.

-b.

I mainly mean as in stripes etc. Changing the base color a bit still makes it monotone low-vis. I don't want it as flashy/gaudy as Delta squadron, but I do want SOME color, particularly in battroid mode. I always love when a valk "reveals" additional color/striping when in battroid mode. The -19 does that best.

Add me to the VF-31F.

I hope this time I can get some good valks and I'll need to save money because I want a VF-31F, C and J at least and if they announce the Sv-262 I will take at least one of those... my poor, poor wallet. Btw do you believe that we will have a V.1 and V.2 like with the VF-25's? or Bandai is going to do this right since the beginning?.

Well, on the DX models, probably not, although there are buyers who'd try it anyways. Heck, I know for one that I'd try doing it at least once with my VF-30.

On the other hand, there is the 1/72 models, and anything else coming up the pipeline in the next few months, that requires painting. I highly suspect that things might be a bit crazy in an awesome way as the custom-build folks go nuts with any/all possible combinations.

Ok, I'll throw my 2 cents here...

One of each E, F, J (so I can display them in each of the modes - but I guess E will have to be in aircraft mode)

Definitely A because I love the sweep back wings and the more military colours.

So I guess 4 for me.

but I wanna be able to put a 31E and 31C side by side and have a picture of Makina and Reina making the W sign. :wub:

You could even do one to the 31A with that picture of Mirage in her flight suit. :wub:

but I wanna be able to put a 31E and 31C side by side and have a picture of Makina and Reina making the W sign. :wub:

You could even do one to the 31A with that picture of Mirage in her flight suit. :wub:

Speaking as a cat in John Lennon shades, I fully endorse this message.

I still like the VF-31, but I'm increasingly disappointed that they don't have giant pictures of their associated idols plastered all over them as part of their paint schemes.

111_zps6tzn5crc.jpg

I remember well the uproar in the Ace Combat community when the itasha fighters showed up. If memory serves I think I bought the Tomcat with Asuza on it (because I'll buy any Tomcat mostly).

It was certainly divisive. Although they didn't offend me, many felt......different shall we say?!