19 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

What is the defect?

You see the freckles and shiny part on the right and left wing canard near the leg area. Its not obvious when viewed at a distance but if you look at the area closely, you will see a slightly hint of the defects

Edited by recon

So tired of stressing out and at that stage and SOOO tempted getting rid of my PO completely...

Also, it's not the first report of QC issues. Wonder, if TWE had to 'sacrifice' a lot of stocks for local/Jp orders replacements? I know they do produce extras to allow for that kinda stuff, but maybe it was worse than expected? :ph34r:.

7 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

So tired of stressing out and at that stage and SOOO tempted getting rid of my PO completely...

Also, it's not the first report of QC issues. Wonder, if TWE had to 'sacrifice' a lot of stocks for local/Jp orders replacements? I know they do produce extras to allow for that kinda stuff, but maybe it was worse than expected? :ph34r:.

Most QCs are relatively mild. Unless it’s wrong parts or broken parts straight off the box, bandai does not entertain any replacement or exchange. It’s stated clearly in their Website that minor paint differences are expected. 

The Japanese had no issues getting their stocks. The Hong Kong resellers had no problem getting all their PO from their Japanese proxies. 

The signs are pointing that this is a likely scenario that the likes of MY, NN and NY messed up. 

If we still don’t hear anything from NY by end of this week, it’s pretty much a gone case. And I think NY may go around sending emails to offer store credits in lieu of the PO. 

9 hours ago, Saburo said:

A few upgrades to the Kairos

looks like the 31A was made to carry those missiles....nice intimidating and beefy pose, saburo!

Hmm was thinking if the VF-31S head were to be there and in a 31A scheme, that would be really nice also...more in the kit custom territory tho..

Edited by seti88

I picked up my 31A from my parents house today. I only took a quick glance at it before putting it back in the box, but I didn't see any defects on mine. My desk is already overflowing with Valkyries and Marvel legends, so I'm just going to leave it in the box until I figure out where I'm going to display it. 

On 4/7/2018 at 9:30 PM, CharlesXavier said:

Singapore. We have quite a number of toy shops here, not as many as Hong Kong or Japan though. There is only 1 shop left with the 31A now, so I am not taking any further chances or risk.

The only other Singapore member who got his piece was Recon. But I believe there should be more.

And again, I believe the delivery sequence is random but likely for single pieces first.

I'm from SG too.You got yours from RoboRobo? He has since increased the price.

Edited by eXis10z

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

Saburo. What did you do to fit the Chest armor?

I didn't do any modification to the chest armor, I tried to test fit the chest armor and found that it slides on but it won't go fully on to the chest to lock into place.

40 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

Looks like the last few Kairos units will both be our grail pieces and that of scalpers too. Still wondering where those super parts are. 

The kairos fiasco caught everyone by surprise. It was supposed to be a regular TWE that no one should have any problem getting. It's not even 1 of those lucky draw or 2 per account limited item.

Hence scalping doesn't apply here cos in order to scalp you have to buy off huge quantities of an item that is not widely available at the point of release. The 31A was made to order. Everyone had the chance to buy as many as they wanted during the PO window. No one is depriving any one of it.

Rightfully the 31A should be in abundance everywhere at this point. But somehow some of our Japanese web stores literally failed us. And now the prices shot up like crazy.

1 hour ago, Shukenzero said:

Looks like the last few Kairos units will both be our grail pieces and that of scalpers too. Still wondering where those super parts are. 

would I define the 31A as a grail piece?...its nice of course but ..mmmm......i dunno....

Value is only what we assign something. For me, the Kairos is a special valk. Never had a low viz valk before, as I wasn't into Macross or know of its existence until a few years before Frontier. So this holds value in my collection not in monetary worth but just cos it's cool looking.

12 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

Value is only what we assign something. For me, the Kairos is a special valk. Never had a low viz valk before, as I wasn't into Macross or know of its existence until a few years before Frontier. So this holds value in my collection not in monetary worth but just cos it's cool looking.

Right on. What we love can be something that is common and affordable while something premium and rare may not be what we appreciate.

The 31A is probably the closest to a realistic modern day fighter plane that we can get from the delta series. to me it's on par with the YF-29 Ozma.

NY offices are closed now, and no news about anyone getting any orders shipped today, looks like we are all fraked big time by ny, i guess somehow they messed up big and are waiting for everyone’s paypal dispute window to close and then annouce that they are giving store credit to everyone whom they could not fulfill the orders to, that said if this was the case, i will use up the store credit but this is the last time they ever see my money.

Of course if somehow they miraculously got my order fulfilled I might still use them in future, though this makes me feel kinda scared to use them anymore.

Edited by Guyffon

2 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

NY offices are closed now, and no news about anyone getting any orders shipped today, looks like we are all fraked big time by ny, i guess somehow they messed up big and are waiting for everyone’s paypal dispute window to close and then annouce that they are giving store credit to everyone whom they could not fulfill the orders to, that said if this was the case, i will use up the store credit but this is the last time they ever see my money.

no news from them to me. maybe they are doing stocktaking and we will receive delivery emails over the next 2 days. just trying to add some optimism to this depressing topic.

likewise i am done with NY for TWE after the 31C fast packs which I already PO and paid for before this fiasco.

AE's got my business moving forward.

Not sure how many times I have to say it but as long as you didn't use PayPal funds to pay, the PayPal dispute deadline doesn't matter. To think NY is waiting for such an  inconsequential deadline just so they can try to screw a bunch of their customers (and fail) is completely unfounded. 

F'ing freaking faaak! Another F'ing week starting EXACTLY like the past 2.  Had sent NY another mail before the week-end to decide whether to ask demand a refund.

The reply, same BS albeit worded differently:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us,

We don't have an expected timeline for the delivery yet.

We will inform you when we'll ship your order.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Nippon-yasan.com

Emphasis on myself here, don't want people saying "speculations , blabla blabla " and other BS, just MY opinion,right?!. Anyway, looks they're just stalling whilst figuring out how they're going to refund (those store credit are still going to leave a dent in their monthly outgoings.) 

I have like 4 POs with NY to pay this month. Not paying anything until I get some resolution (not even that next upcoming F'ing bland looking HMR, only went for it for completion's sake ,couldn't care less about it.) At leat it made me realise, half of the Macross stuff I get, are only for completion's sake! (Note to self "get a Kairos Keyring/Gashapon/Sticker")

35 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

AE's got my business moving forward.

Anime Export aren't any better. Terrible communication, and it then takes a PayPal dispute to get their attention.

----------------------

Today I requested and received my refund from NY. The NY ticket response said the PayPal refund was out of date, but it was refunded back to my credit card as I was just about to make the dispute. I ordered on the 20th of October.

My theory is that a bunch of proxies that NY have used didn't receive their two orders from BANDAi, or auctioned them themselves, leaving NY high and dry.

29 minutes ago, Tober said:

Anime Export aren't any better. Terrible communication, and it then takes a PayPal dispute to get their attention.

----------------------

Today I requested and received my refund from NY. The NY ticket response said the PayPal refund was out of date, but it was refunded back to my credit card as I was just about to make the dispute. I ordered on the 20th of October.

My theory is that a bunch of proxies that NY have used didn't receive their two orders from BANDAi, or auctioned them themselves, leaving NY high and dry.

Thanks for the heads up on AE. Communication can be terrible but at least they fulfilled their orders. Any past cases where they did refunds?

And it seems NY is very responsive to give refunds on the 31A. Not an optimistic trend.

I believe NY used their staff's accounts to buy TWEs. And far as I know, Bandai recognizes different IDs as different accounts even if address is the same. Validated with my experience of using a Japanese husband and wife proxy.

So in this case NY can just have the TWEs sent directly to them without having to hide that they are distributors/resellers.

Edited by CharlesXavier

Just reading all of your updates on the 31A situation.. Seriously that sucks and a fair chunk of you guys literally got burnt to a crisp with NY acting like a scammer in this regards and leaving you all high and dry with no goods to show.

17 minutes ago, Tober said:

3 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

I believe NY used their staff's accounts to buy TWEs. And far as I know, Bandai recognizes different IDs as different accounts even if address is the same. Validated with my experience of using a Japanese husband and wife proxy.

So in this case NY can just have the TWEs sent directly to them without having to hide that they are distributors/resellers.

This could be another reason(s) why as well too. Still shady in my books.. <_<   

28 minutes ago, Tober said:

Erm......Have they closed up your account yet? 

As for the proxy theories, unlikely that they would loose all their future commissions with NY to make a profit on a few DX's. Again, just my opinion. And if NY truly use their staff addresses for TWE, still doesn't explain why this time, out of the blue they didn't send them? (But sent all other Gundams and whatnot TWE releases?) 

At this stage, it could be anything. Maybe NY's boss got kidnapped by the local Yakuzas for not refunding that last loan on time....And incidentally, they sent his fingers (or his d**k) back to the NY offices in a DX Kairos box. ( they most probably took it from that young otaku recruit's broom closet). So they're scared to send off any Kairos(es)..What's the plural of Kairos (0_o) ? 

Obviously sarcastic stupidities from my part.