1 hour ago, spanner said:

Definitely not a random thing when it comes to the government making revenue through importation of goods.. sucks either way. 

Definitely going to suck when the Oz govt starts charging GST on all imports later this year ;-p

8 hours ago, OzmaLee74 said:

I think I’ll hang on to it for now. Hehehe! 

Ok. I'll just wait until you get tired of it. You know where to find me. Hehehe. :lol: 

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

It was probably noel. :rolleyes:

Hey! It wasn't me. Here's my screenshot. I just don't downvote because it's pointless. There's no leaderboard on who's got the most downvote here. Hahaha! :lol:

5abdb0ace3335_ScreenShot2018-03-29at8_30_05PM.png.324cf470d222a5ad5ac0995642cf48cb.png

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Some shots of this beauty!

5abd3f5736726_VF-31A01.jpg.8e75488b1d4c50fb6774e911966b4ef7.jpg

Love the transparent canopy! Hope Bandai carries it over to the 31S and 31E!

5abd3f59abef4_VF-31A03.jpg.64744ccbf502527b82e6b882112179a9.jpg

Yes, she is indeed a beauty. :wub:

As much as I love this transparent canopy, I don't want it to be applied on the upcoming 31S. I need them to stay consistent with the rest of the Delta Platoon. ;)  

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. I'll just wait until you get tired of it. You know where to find me. Hehehe. :lol: 

Hey! It wasn't me. Here's my screenshot. I just don't downvote because it's pointless. There's no leaderboard on who's got the most downvote here. Hahaha! :lol:

5abdb0ace3335_ScreenShot2018-03-29at8_30_05PM.png.324cf470d222a5ad5ac0995642cf48cb.png

Yes, she is indeed a beauty. :wub:

As much as I love this transparent canopy, I don't want it to be applied on the upcoming 31S. I need them to stay consistent with the rest of the Delta Platoon. ;)  

Oh we all know how good you are at doctoring images. ;)

It's too bad the front window section can't be removed, or I'd be tempted to try swapping canopies. 

Man, I sure hope Mykombini doesn't screw me on the Mirage super parts. Maybe I should place an order elsewhere, just to make sure. :unsure:

21 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Oh we all know how good you are at doctoring images. ;)

It's too bad the front window section can't be removed, or I'd be tempted to try swapping canopies. 

Man, I sure hope Mykombini doesn't screw me on the Mirage super parts. Maybe I should place an order elsewhere, just to make sure. :unsure:

Hahaha! Yup, I know how to do some magic on images but I'm not gonna downvote you just because. ^_^ 

Anyways, so that means the front window part of the canopy is glued tight? Don't want to ruin that, right? Oh well, I'm not gonna complain nor appreciate the canopy until my 31A is at hand. :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! Yup, I know how to do some magic on images but I'm not gonna downvote you just because. ^_^ 

Anyways, so that means the front window part of the canopy is glued tight? Don't want to ruin that, right? Oh well, I'm not gonna complain nor appreciate the canopy until my 31A is at hand. :rolleyes:

I think you'll be quite pleased with it. ^_^

One more pic before I give her a wash. :)

5abde017c0cf7_VF-31A05.thumb.jpg.75ed50c58687c3ee1593c903ec4b4d34.jpg

11 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I think they said it's random, but personally i think they check the value. High value = High VAT charges. Obviously there are ways around it. Some stuff i get from certain sellers gets through ok. Never bought from loopaza before though so least ill know for next time. And on the plus side, i have 3 vf-31a's and an arcadia vf-0a to look forward to this weekend :) My ebay one has also shipped. 4 frigging 31a's lol what was i thinking hey. I'm not complaining. ^_^

Yeah, taxes and fees are a bad thing. I have to deal with that problem here in Germany, too. At this time I have four shipments en route from Japan (The Kairos and 3 containing model kits). I tried to keep values low, so that some of them hopefully slip through customs, but the Kairos definitely won't! :unsure: So mine will also get a gonvernment-funded increase in value on my cost. And not to mention the increased delivery time until I get informed by customs that I can collect it. The Kairos currently sits on Chubu Airport and so I think it will take 2 weeks until it will touch down in the shelf. :angry:

All you American buyers:  You seem to be really lucky concerning extra fees/taxes and delivery time. So stop complaining so much about the latter one! :D

4 minutes ago, CrossAir said:

Yeah, taxes and fees are a bad thing. I have to deal with that problem here in Germany, too. At this time I have four shipments en route from Japan (The Kairos and 3 containing model kits). I tried to keep values low, so that some of them hopefully slip through customs, but the Kairos definitely won't! :unsure: So mine will also get a gonvernment-funded increase in value on my cost. And not to mention the increased delivery time until I get informed by customs that I can collect it. The Kairos currently sits on Chubu Airport and so I think it will take 2 weeks until it will touch down in the shelf. :angry:

All you American buyers:  You seem to be really lucky concerning extra fees/taxes and delivery time. So stop complaining so much about the latter one! :D

Agreed! It's horrible to know that expensive valk/s you forked out for just got a whole lot more expensive! lol well their value just increased! :lol:

1 minute ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Agreed! It's horrible to know that expensive valk/s you forked out for just got a whole lot more expensive! lol well their value just increased! :lol:

Sadly, if you'd like like to sell it (what I do not intend to do in years) customers are not aware of this increase. But to be honest, the personal value of these items for myself is even much higher ;)

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

That 31A is damn sexy and I want to make a warning for anyone who wants to remove their 31's canopy:

Last week, I was totally fed up with my 31J metal coated canopy and decided to clean it. It was rather easy to lift but very hard to remove it out of the valk. I probably forced too much on the transparent plastic and when I was wiping it clean with alcohol the tabs did crumble around the pin.

IMG_7003.thumb.jpg.6fef8871bfdecc06c8eeae58bb9d2b81.jpg

Since then I have painted the frame in grey and try to repair the tabs with CA glue. Unfortunately it didn't work. But I am working on a fix from shapeways that hopefully will work.

5abe0f70f09ce_1Bcanopy-31.jpg.ac314d07bf072201942f685b26d46476.jpg

3 hours ago, CrossAir said:

Sadly, if you'd like like to sell it (what I do not intend to do in years) customers are not aware of this increase. But to be honest, the personal value of these items for myself is even much higher ;)

I don't think anyone would be able to afford the tax lol ;)

6 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

That 31A is damn sexy and I want to make a warning for anyone who wants to remove their 31's canopy:

Last week, I was totally fed up with my 31J metal coated canopy and decided to clean it. It was rather easy to lift but very hard to remove it out of the valk. I probably forced too much on the transparent plastic and when I was wiping it clean with alcohol the tabs did crumble around the pin.

IMG_7003.thumb.jpg.6fef8871bfdecc06c8eeae58bb9d2b81.jpg

Since then I have painted the frame in grey and try to repair the tabs with CA glue. Unfortunately it didn't work. But I am working on a fix from shapeways that hopefully will work.

5abe0f70f09ce_1Bcanopy-31.jpg.ac314d07bf072201942f685b26d46476.jpg

Thanks for sharing this, Sir @Xigfrid. :good:  ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

10 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'm sure I will be pleased once it landed on my hand. ^_^

But I'm definitely sure that I'm going to be disappointed too if ever NY decided to cancel my order. <_<

6 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

HaHa well if i was to let one go it would be to someone who lost out on their order and not someone already who has one or two or three of them already. But this is if's and but's and not definite that i would sell.

Technically i have none ;)

Mine (1) is still in a post office in Asakusa

But if it's for someone with none that's cool 

Edited by Moosey

4 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

HaHa well if i was to let one go it would be to someone who lost out on their order and not someone already who has one or two or three of them already. But this is if's and but's and not definite that i would sell.

I'm kind of confuse. So if you're going to sell it. You're not going to sell it to someone who have multiples already? Is that correct? I mean, it's just a sale, right?

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

And technically, you already have one -- in transit. :p

Mine (1) is still in limbo c/o Nippon-Yasan.

But it's so far Noel, and Tricky is so close! ;)

Seriously though, I feel the stress around here. This thread is rife with it. 

I've aired my views on NY before so.......I'll leave that there

31 minutes ago, Moosey said:

But it's so far Noel, and Tricky is so close! ;)

Seriously though, I feel the stress around here. This thread is rife with it. 

I've aired my views on NY before so.......I'll leave that there

No worries. I've read enough stories about NY too and I already shared mine as well. But of all my purchases with them whether it's regular or TWE releases, has all been great. 'Good' if no one wants to believe when I said 'great'. But I think of this case differently compared to what I've experienced with them, because the commotion that's going on is experiencing by everyone. It just so happened that NY suffered more for this release compared to other stores. Whereas some stores already cancelled some of the orders. Some already delivered. At this point, we're really not sure what's going on between NY from getting their stock from Bandai. Sure, their customer service isn't that great since they should advice already customes who ordered rather than wait for customers to touch base to them first. They do sent out email notifications for schedule change releases, so why not send another one that says 'sorry for the delay', right?

Anyways, members already expressed their thoughts on this that's why I don't want to add mine. But hey, I just did. ;)

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm kind of confuse. So if you're going to sell it. You're not going to sell it to someone who have multiples already? Is that correct? I mean, it's just a sale, right?

Yes why sell to someone who already has one when others have lost out? Doesn't seem fair to me.

20 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Aye it does mate. Live and learn i guess. My valks have just increased in value is the way i see it lol

hehe! that's a good way to look at it! I like it!

19 hours ago, orindlt said:

Definitely going to suck when the Oz govt starts charging GST on all imports later this year ;-p

yep.. will indeed but what can you do? Guess we'll just have to wait and see how that pans out.

Been a couple days since there was an update on package tracking for me. Either it hasn't left Japan or they just aren't bothering to update now. Hopefully it gets here soon. 

19 minutes ago, spanner said:

hehe! that's a good way to look at it! I like it!

yep.. will indeed but what can you do? Guess we'll just have to wait and see how that pans out.

Ha I'd say value would go up regardless though due to it being such a popular item. I'm going back a series now and i'm after a 25g next. then the rest of the frontier valks.

Mykombini is closed 3/30 "for inventory." Hopefully that means they're getting everything in order and come Monday I'll have a shipping notification. If not... sigh... I don't want to entertain that possibility.

Edited by kajnrig