Not sure I understand the 31A love, not whether it's deserved or not, and I'm not debating whether it should be loved or not, just it's very much a re-hash of the 30 and I don't recall all the adoration for that Valkyrie.

*shameless plug, I have a MISB 30 for sale in the Sales section :p

-b.

The only reason I didn't buy a YF-30 was because of that missile pod in battloid mode. I read that in battloid mode it HAD to be up. I didn't like that.

I loved everything else about it. The color, the wings, the overall look. I just couldn't stand that missile pod being up like a Mospeada Beta's sensor array in battloid mode.

The only reason I didn't buy a YF-30 was because of that missile pod in battloid mode. I read that in battloid mode it HAD to be up. I didn't like that.

I loved everything else about it. The color, the wings, the overall look. I just couldn't stand that missile pod being up like a Mospeada Beta's sensor array in battloid mode.

Well, you can remove the Missile Pod during Battroid Mode if you wanted too. It looks bad-ass as is IMHO. ;)

From Swoosh:

P8080291_zps95652bce.jpg

P8080293_zpsc89797e6.jpg

Really!? people didnt like the 30's battroid mode? IMHO I find it to be one of the best looking B modes out there. Theres just something about its proportions that I love about it even its missile pod.

Who doesn't love the YF-30? Loving the Chronos. Even if it has a cockroach looking head. :wub:

Edited by no3ljm

Really!? people didnt like the 30's battroid mode? IMHO I find it to be one of the best looking B modes out there. Theres just something about its proportions that I love about it even its missile pod.

I'm with you here, the proportions put it into the soldier looking camp like the vf-1,11,17 and 171 are.

I just can't picture the missile pod on the 30 as an actual missile pod. It always reminds me too much of a Scout Pod, which reminds me of a regular Regult, which just kind of makes me chuckle because it's such a goofy cute looking thing.

If the pod split into two halves and each half was situated over the shoulders a la the 25 or something... anything, really, just not a long uninterrupted black and white bar... it wouldn't look so goofy, but otherwise it's just a wonky ugly thing marring an otherwise beautiful design.

That said, I like the 30's tail fins placement more than I do the 31's. But it's an acceptable loss if it means getting rid of that missile pod.

I had little interest in the -30 when it came out, but those pics really sell it. Touch of regret.

Missile pod notwithstanding, I think the proportions are a little better with the -30, esp the forearms. The -31's are really thin and just don't look as good.

I didn't like the 30's "battroid clips" or the super-lazy non-sliding tailfins. Would have looked so much nicer if the tailfins slid forward into the tailfin-shaped-gaps in the wingroots in battroid mode.

The -31A generally fixes the -30's issues. Doesn't look quite as good, but is a worthy trade-off.

Battroid 30 rocks, i dont thk any othe valk can pose like it...and its the first valk to have a swivel mechanism at the waist if not mistaken.

But i was sold when i saw fighter mode. With the jagged paintjob, it looked like a fighter flying through with lightning flashing on it B))

Only missing was a thor pilot :p

I also prefer the pod integration in the 30 better than the 31. It looks integrated and runs along the 30's fighter profile.

The 31 back end is a perpendicular cut-off at the pod area, It would have been nice if half of the pod could be pushed up to match the fighter top surface area in the 31...

Battroid 30 rocks, i dont thk any othe valk can pose like it...and its the first valk to have a swivel mechanism at the waist if not mistaken.

The YF-21/VF-22 mold from Yamato had a waist swivel. the 1/60 v1 VF-1's did as well.

Technically the VF-25's going back to the v1 ugly monkeysTM have a swivel joint in the waist area, although they are completely useless in the v1's and on the renewals they're more for torso tilt than they are for turning side to side.

The YF-30 does have the distinction of being the first Valk toy to have a waist swivel while in GERWALK mode.

Technically the VF-25's going back to the v1 ugly monkeysTM have a swivel joint in the waist area, although they are completely useless in the v1's and on the renewals they're more for torso tilt than they are for turning side to side.

The YF-30 does have the distinction of being the first Valk toy to have a waist swivel while in GERWALK mode.

Ah yes, thanks for clearing that up, GERWALK ftw it is! B))

Well, you can remove the Missile Pod during Battroid Mode if you wanted too. It looks bad-ass as is IMHO. ;)

From Swoosh:

P8080291_zps95652bce.jpg

P8080293_zpsc89797e6.jpg

Who doesn't love the YF-30? Loving the Chronos. Even if it has a cockroach looking head. :wub:

wow it does look badass without the missle pod

Not sure I understand the 31A love, not whether it's deserved or not, and I'm not debating whether it should be loved or not, just it's very much a re-hash of the 30 and I don't recall all the adoration for that Valkyrie.

*shameless plug, I have a MISB 30 for sale in the Sales section :p

-b.

It's delta! Hehehe and yeah, I didn't like the 30's missile thingamajig when it first came out...

*shameless endorsement: b's an awesome seller! buy with confidence!

The pod has grown on me...and looks better opened up to show the splashes of red....

post-15116-0-29664600-1458365279_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-03801000-1458365303_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-87135000-1458365284_thumb.jpg

Am looking forward to the 31A's possible pod configuration tho.

Feel weird rooting for a CF more than a hero valk, but hopefully we dont have to wait too long in airing for its debut.

Just pls dont be the same gun/charger combo as the hero valks... :p

I actually like the look of that gap between the nacelles on the 31's. It did take me a bit to get used to it but the more I looked at it the more I thought of how unique of a design feature it is and that it makes sense too. Because if you took away the pod, or if it got destroyed or used up in battle, one could eject it and the 31's design and airframe wouldn't be affected at all.

Unlike the 30 which looks very strange and not to mention missing a huge chunk of its fuselage and structural rigidity when its weapons container is deployed, the 31 actually took this into account and as a result its airframe isn't really at all affected by the deploying or loss of its weapon pod except for maybe a shift in its center of mass.

And it helps that the 31 gives off total ADF-01 Falken/ADFX-01 Morgan vibes when viewed without its pod

post-13018-0-89443600-1458379681_thumb.jpg

post-13018-0-92803000-1458379849_thumb.jpg

I was finally able to get a -30 earlier this year and I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like the Battroid mode, even with the pod up. I currently have it displayed with the wings out which gives it a cool presence. It's like one of those Gundams with the fancy backpacks or something.

I also recently got a -30, and I'm on the "love" side as well. In pictures, I felt like that the battroid and fighter were the prettiest of any valkyrie to-date, and getting it in-hand that hasn't changed that a bit. The battroid proportions are sleek and muscular at the same time, and it strikes a heroic stance without even trying. Mine doesn't need any of the clip-on braces, but I will put them on for extra stability if I want to really play around with it - and to its credit, it has better articulation than some non-transforming figures. It seems like I'm in the minority, but I adore the "stadium lights" missile pod and don't find it awkward at all. It's a small bummer that it doesn't tuck away cleanly in battroid mode (although if I spread the wings slightly, it can certainly fold the pod back in a way that's no more awkward than the backpacks on the -25 family), but I see the bulky missile pod as a much better solution to perfect transformation than a parts-forming shield. Maybe this is Macross blasphemy, but I've never been comfortable with the way the gunpod on most designs magically gets from the centerline to the hands during transformation, and the shields on the -19 and the -25 series just double that sin.

As far as the -31 goes, I see nothing but improvements to the already fantastic -30 design (except maybe the skinnier arms). To me, the "A" model is the prettiest by far (I don't like FSW as a rule), but it's close enough to the -30 that I won't pick it if I can only get one. My first pick of the Delta team has to be Delta-2.

Call me silly, but the parts forming of the shields doesn't bug me. It's probably because it's a part that is on the fighter and just moves around to another peg in a different mode.

But detaching the missile pod and leaving it off to the side to make battloid mode look acceptable to me? That bugs me.

And it's only in battloid mode that the missile pod bugs me. In fighter or gerwalk it can be up and I think it looks fine. It's just that having it up in Battloid mode doesn't work for me, and taking it off and leaving it to the side just seems wrong somehow.

No it doesn't make any logical sense. It's just a feeling thing.

I might be in the minority here, but I'm hoping for a solid but cheap toy line out of delta. I'd like a 31 and a draken, but I don't want to be worried that one of my kids might drop it, and oops, there goes $200.

I only have a few yamatos, but I am always worried swooshing them around, where as I never mind taking out my bandai VF-17, VF-19, or 1/55's.

Sure line art perfection can be awe inspiring, but I don't just want museum pieces. I want toys.

The 31S has a different color scheme tho in the modellers section. Frankly i like it better with black area's instead of the teal...wonder why is that or is it just a camera trick that changed the color..

Noice pics post tho! Thanks IXTL on both this and the modellers...

sigh and i still cant get pass those stick?head lasers on the 31s in fighter mode...no design at all and looks like put there as an afterthought..

will reserve my fav judgment on it until delta airs tho...

Edited by seti88

Looking good, thanks IXTL!

I assume these are still prototypes based on some of the slight 'gap-iness', but that's not a complaint, more of an observation. As long as the production toys are on par with later Renewal 25's and the 30 then I'm stoked.

*That 02 :wub:

-b.