Actually, BnJ also acts as a proxy. Since this is an event item, and requires up front payment, the cost for having somone go to the event and get the Valkyrie has been added to the total price. Those costs are not free, and BnJ probably adds a proxy fee on top of them.

Thankfully, I'm not keen on Hayate's reissued Valkyrie and will be skipping this version.

Edited by technoblue

23 hours ago, seti88 said:

32k is more than 50% markup for something that isn't even out yet. Gee whiz BinJ!

*sigh* When did we start adding hyperbole to markup calculations?

BnJ price: 32000JPY

Bandai event price: 21000JPY

Difference: 11000JPY or 34% before shipping.

But I do agree with those who are pointing out that the 11000JPY is paying it forward for gas or a train ticket, a ticket to the event (if required), the time away for an employee to stand in line away from work to get the toy...that stuff...

Edited by technoblue
Redacted my earlier comments (see below)

2 hours ago, Moosey said:

That’s crazy. You can probably just order it from “From Japan” for 5000 JY shopping fee plus shipping. 

Still a 25% markup but half the BIJ scalper fees lol

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

15 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

That’s crazy. You can probably just order it from “From Japan” for 5000 JY shopping fee plus shipping. 

Still a 25% markup but half the BIJ scalper fees lol

But that is if "from japan " can get it for you.  Going to an event to purchase the item is different than going to a store to get the item.  Lets not forget tax, transportation fee (both ways) and possible event admission cost. 

Edited by F360

9 minutes ago, F360 said:

But that is if "from japan " can get it for you.  Going to an event to purchase the item is different than going to a store to get the item.  Lets not forget tax, transportation fee (both ways) and possible event admission cost. 

That’s true I don’t know that they would honor the 5000 shopping fee for a special event. I’ll inquire and let everyone know what I learn. 

41 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Its their prerogative on pricing of course, but an additional 11k on a 21k for an item not released is an eye opener to me. Everyone hedges their bet am sure, but this is one heck of a bet... 

Yeah. It is an eye opener for sure. It's starting to look like Bandai has opened a path for limited-edition high-priced premium releases.

I don't know if that was their intent, but there it is.

6 hours ago, Shukenzero said:

Looks like the Kairos is coming! Wonder when they'll reveal the prototype?

IMG_1839.JPG

Looks like the VF-31A Kairos planning is  progressing and something about the elintseeker. Probably the Hi Metal R version.

So this 31J Kai stuff is still just about how to get one from the event? I'm still hoping I can just order one after the event the same way we can get other Bandai exclusives. As for the 31A, that bit about watching the show love to get one was sarcasm right? If not, I might be over paying attention to this stuff and just hope I can order when the time comes. 

Paying some dude 11k yen to go through the hassle of registering and then actual attending the event and forking over 21k to Bandai to get the item and then ship it to you is not really that bad a deal. Big in Japan is not a freaking charity, you know. :p

Your other options are to go to Japan yourself, which will cost a hell of a lot more than 11k yen, or hope the claw chooses you and you get the privilege of buying it from Bandai's web shop. 

If you hate this state of affairs, then send your ire to Bandai. They're the ones making it hard to buy their stuff. 

Edited by Lolicon
spelling

I said f-it, and ordered one from BiJ, not long after it was sold out. I wonder if they knew they could get a set amount and had a couple reserved. What happens if they cant get one? do I get a full refund or minus some cash for their trouble, but then why put up something to sale if they couldn't guarantee one? I never been in a situation where you put money down for something you might not get.

edit: does the VF-Jkai have unique fast packs to buy, or does it just use the old J FP's?

Edited by Murphy

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

That BigInJapan link is already sold out too.

Aw crap! When I saw the link, I saw it said sold out and underneath it said available 12 something so I thought they weren't opening orders until then. Crap, so I basically missed out on that option already. 

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Paying some dude 11k yen to go through the hassle of registering and then actual attending the event and forking over 21k to Bandai to get the item and then ship it to you is not really that bad a deal. Big in Japan is not a freaking charity, you know. :p

Your other options are to go to Japan yourself, which will cost a hell of a lot more than 11k yen, or hope the claw chooses you and you get the privilege of buying it from Bandai's web shop. 

If you hate this state of affairs, then send your ire to Bandai. They're the ones making it hard to buy their stuff. 

For sure. If you like the Valkyrie, you gotta pay. The options for overseas buyers are few. Other stores might make this easy to pick up in a single click, but I imagine the price will be in line with what BnJ posted. They are not often too far afield of other stores like NY, for example.

The good news is that people can always opt out. If it isn't your thing, then it's an easy pass (my choice).

2 hours ago, Murphy said:

I said f-it, and ordered one from BiJ, not long after it was sold out. I wonder if they knew they could get a set amount and had a couple reserved. What happens if they cant get one? do I get a full refund or minus some cash for their trouble, but then why put up something to sale if they couldn't guarantee one? I never been in a situation where you put money down for something you might not get.

edit: does the VF-Jkai have unique fast packs to buy, or does it just use the old J FP's?

BiginJapan is pretty good on stuff they can get or can not get.  If for some reason they can't get the item for you, they will give you back a full refund. 

since this item is also limited to 2 per person, it makes it much harder since proxy have to sent more people to the event to get more than 2.

2 minutes ago, Sandman said:

How can the proxy services guarantee they can get one if it's done by lotto?

the first batch is sold at the event.. it's after the event that it'll be done by lotto ( there is no guarantee on lotto)

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Too soon to panic folks. The lotto might still mean it's not too hard to come by for Tamashii accounts... it may just mean trading a couple months for a price that ultimately may not be that much cheaper.

How so?  Because right now I'm out.  I can barely care about the release anymore.

23 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

What do I need to do to prepare to get this lottery? I need to get one of these. 

you can start by emailing different proxy and ask if they can help preorder something that will be rewarded by lottery. 

11 hours ago, technoblue said:

*sigh* When did we start adding hyperbole to markup calculations?

BnJ price: 32000JPY

Bandai event price: 21000JPY

Difference: 11000JPY or 34% before shipping. That's 11000JPY to pay for gas or a train ticket, a ticket to the event (if required), their time away from work to get the toy...that stuff...but sure BnJ is fleecing customers.<_<

Markup is % increase from base price, in this case 21,000JPY, so it's a little above 50%.

Source: I'm a supply chain analyst in my day job, as if that's something to be proud of

Edited by aurance