6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The turtle that my super parts were strapped to finally arrived. It was a bit of a hassle getting everything locked together because the leg armor connections on mine were pretty flimsy and kept popping off. But it looks great once everything is together. Overall very similar in feel to the VF-25 super parts.

IMG_20170617_034319.thumb.jpg.0799ef0de85ff648bbc2e69cea0b4bb6.jpg

IMG_20170617_034445.thumb.jpg.1a3f04a5d4bd420c5207b0657d6309ea.jpg

IMG_20170617_034518.thumb.jpg.5dbb0857fca32ee102d5067ad4e0764c.jpg

IMG_20170617_034600.thumb.jpg.449f3557ca54cd38cd29d45eb3987d7b.jpg

IMG_20170617_034900.thumb.jpg.e661a8fc1767a19ba5b7349db7337835.jpg

Hey lolicon, were ur flimsy leg armors on thr left side and specifically, the left missile covers clip on very loosely?

Just trying to check if there is a pattern as my missile covers are loose on the left side.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome. ;) Forgot to ask earlier, did you apply topcoat on the Valk afterwards?

Yeah. That's a must if you don't want your work to get rubbed off. I still want to be able to handle my valks afterwards. They're not models even if I try to make them look like it. :)

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Hey lolicon, were ur flimsy leg armors on thr left side and specifically, the left missile covers clip on very loosely?

Just trying to check if there is a pattern as my missile covers are loose on the left side.

They were both kinda flimsy but the left was definitely more problematic than the right on mine.

Funny seeing new members photos of the VF-31J with the Super Packs on since I was playing with it last night too. Though I didn't have time to set up and shoot photo since it was already around 130am. ^_^

What I did notice somehow personally is that it's kind of too much blue for me when I'm holding it. But seeing photos of it, it's weird because I appreciate how nice and uniform overall it looks. I have a feeling that if Arad's DX VF-31S with Super Pack push through, his will stand out more due to its unique colors of red maroon, grey, and cadet blue. :wub:

In the show, does the VF-31J use the GERWALK joint when super parts are installed in fighter mode? I noticed the instructions show it being done "one click" but the instructions then show the fighter mode display stand being used and they are NOT using the GERWALK joint. I was wondering which one is truly correct.

I also noticed the intake/hip joints are not clicked in with those pics in the instructions. I was thinking it wasn't properly done but who knows. Seems odd to not click them together and leave an unsightly gap there. But the gerwalk/knee joints aren't exactly invisible either. 

3 hours ago, jenius said:

In the show, does the VF-31J use the GERWALK joint when super parts are installed in fighter mode? I noticed the instructions show it being done "one click" but the instructions then show the fighter mode display stand being used and they are NOT using the GERWALK joint. I was wondering which one is truly correct.

SuperVF-31A.JPG

On 20 June 2017 at 9:08 AM, Zx31 said:

SuperVF-31A.JPG

Hmm the details abt the hasegawa 31a kit on the likely absence of quartz collars, made me look again on the lack of fold quartz, and this pic seems to confirm less quartz/crystals abound in the 31a. 

On thr nose especially since there seems to remain only 2 sensors?, really begs for a shark mouth variant on the 31a...

Edited by seti88

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

Hmm the details abt the hasegawa 31a kit on the likely absence of quartz collars, made me look again on the lack of fold quartz, and this pic seems to confirm less quartz/crystals abound in the 31a. 

On thr nose especially since there seems to remain only 2 sensors?, really begs for a shark mouth variant on the 31a...

20170621_191740.jpg

20170621_191735.jpg

IMG_20170621_192309.jpg

Edited by Zx31

3 hours ago, jenius said:

I was corrected on this earlier,  they're not fold quartz, they're just sensors. 

What surprised me was the fact that the collars behind the canopy on the 31A were likely fold carbon's hence the black colored look of the collars. Plus i learnt something abt fold carbons too by seto explained in the hase 31 and newbiew thread..:good:

On 12/27/2016 at 8:26 PM, Saburo said:

31905085465_480a08cea0_h.jpg

31788281801_ce082baac6_h.jpg

How do you transform it into Battroid mode and have the backpack-mounted weapons pod completely out of view? When I do it, I have at least 1 solid inch of backpack sticking up behind the head. I really like the way this looks with the backpack tucked out of sight, which lets the silhouette of the robot stand on its own, and makes the head more visible because it's less busy above the neck.

Can someone post pictures of their figure from the side and back, showing how to transform the backpack out of view?

Is the backpack removable?

1 hour ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

How do you transform it into Battroid mode and have the backpack-mounted weapons pod completely out of view? When I do it, I have at least 1 solid inch of backpack sticking up behind the head. I really like the way this looks with the backpack tucked out of sight, which lets the silhouette of the robot stand on its own, and makes the head more visible because it's less busy above the neck.

Can someone post pictures of their figure from the side and back, showing how to transform the backpack out of view?

Is the backpack removable?

Yes, the charger pod can be removed.

As to answer your question, you just have to play the mounting hinges where the pod is attached too. There's no proper way of doing it, it's just based on anyone's preference. The only thing to consider is that if the hinge cannot fold anymore and you still don't want the pod to show up above or level with the head, then you just have to angle the pod away from the back more. If it's not your liking esp the side profile due to the pod sticking out away from the body a little bit and not aligned or 'parallel' with the wing fold, just remove the charger pod. 

Hope that helps. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm
I used the word 'perpendicular' when I meant 'parallel'.

45 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Does the charger pod angle down? I'm afraid to try...

Try to do it like this first during transformation. Like instead of folding it to the point the pod will go by the head area, before opening it to reveal the charge and gunpod, leave it close and just angle it parallel (Sorry, i used 'perpendicular' earlier. I meant 'parallel') to the wing.

Check Saburo's pix. Base it on how the pod looks on his Battroid mode. Photo below you can see the folding panel at the back how it was folder somehow. You get the idea. ;)

31788271501_c0c2f49a65_h.jpg&key=902c26e

31905085465_480a08cea0_h.jpg&key=1fa15bd

Edited by no3Ljm

It was pretty easy to make in fact. I used a very stiff 0.6mm steel wire, torn it around the pylon, then I put some nail polish on the wire to stick small cotton bits on it. Spray the cotton with a little black primer, then the red accent on the tip  

And done.