13 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

I think its January 6th Japan Time.  Is it also 4pm as the previous pre-orders?

So that would make it Thursday morning 2am for those of us in Eastern Standard Time?  Just wanting to set my alarm clock - argh!

I like this toy, its fun to transform.  The rear wheel doesn't roll - does it roll for you guys who "taxis" their aircraft on the table? :p  The frosted canopy is a definitely drawback, but its enough for me to get two more (one for each mode) but I don't like it enough to get all five.  I think the VF-31F (because I like the grey) and the VF-31E (I love orange) and I'm a sucker for the AWACs dish and we'd call it done!

Sorry to hear about your troubles MacrossJunkie (that sucks!) - that canopy crack will disappear when you transform it into Battroid mode.

Yup, set your alarm for sometime before Friday 2 AM (to give yourself time to load up and sign into all the websites and have the searches ready).

My rear wheels don't roll either. There's simply not enough clearance. It's hard enough just to rotate the wheels vertically to begin with.

8 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Yup, set your alarm for sometime before Friday 2 AM

Friday morning, not Thursday eh?  Thanks!!!  Are you going to clear coat/weather/panel-line this one like all the rest?  I'm a bit behind, I still have the VF-19 Advance and VB-6 Monster to do maybe all at the same time.

Oh, I forgot, of course I do want the VF-31A low vis, possibly my favourite of them all!  Very Yukikaze like!

Edited by wm cheng

The more I think on it, the more I really want Messer's to be my 31. The rival display with Keith would be pretty awesome, especially with some nice stands.

11PM Pacific on Thursday isn't bad at all to try my luck at this madness. Between HLJ, NY and AmiAmi maybe I'll luck out. I'd been away from Macross collecting long enough that I nearly forgot what stressing out over a pre-order was like :p

PO Time for US people. 

Japan Time - 4pm | Jan 6 | Fri

Hawaii Time - 9pm | Jan 5 | Thu

Alaska Time - 10pm | Jan 5 | Thu

Pacific Time - 11pm | Jan 5 | Thu

Mountain Time - 12am | Jan 6 | Fri

Central Time - 1am | Jan 6 | Fri

Eastern Time - 2am | Jan 6 | Fri

For the other countries, try to use this site to check for your time. Hope that helps and good luck to all of us. ;)

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

PO Time for US people. 

For the other countries, try to use this site to check for your time. Hope that helps and good luck to all of us. ;)

THANKS for that web site convertor!

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Friday morning, not Thursday eh?  Thanks!!!  Are you going to clear coat/weather/panel-line this one like all the rest?  I'm a bit behind, I still have the VF-19 Advance and VB-6 Monster to do maybe all at the same time.

Oh, I forgot, of course I do want the VF-31A low vis, possibly my favourite of them all!  Very Yukikaze like!

You're a bit behind? I haven't touched anything in my collection for over a year and a half :p I still have things from over two years ago that I still need to finish...

Fortunately, last year was a slow year for me Macross purchases wise. Just the two 31J's and the hi metal Monster.

But yeah, I think I'll try to get back on track, starting with the 31J. I really wish I could figure out how to take the screw caps out without damaging the plastic. there are some parts I want to take off to re-paint or to sand down to give more clearance. I painted the ugly grey block just under the top thigh swivel area and perfectly matched the blue only to find to my horror that upon folding the legs up for GERWALK completely scrapes the paint off that grey block. So without being able to take this apart, I may have to give up on that idea or re-paint it and never transform it ever again. I wish it was more like how the 1/72 model was done there.

Oh yeah! The VF-31A Kairos(?) is my favorite of the 31's too! I really hope they make it. The color scheme, wings, and even the container pod are better, IMO. Something tells me we're going to be waiting a bit for that one as they probably won't make that until the rest of the 31's and 262's are out.

11 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

*edit*

Oh yeah! The VF-31A Kairos(?) is my favorite of the 31's too! I really hope they make it. The color scheme, wings, and even the container pod are better, IMO. Something tells me we're going to be waiting a bit for that one as they probably won't make that until the rest of the 31's and 262's are out.

Let's hope first that Kairos is included in their production lineup. ;) 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

PO Time for US people. 

Noel with the winning post, unfortunately for me, my phone will be off around that time. Gotta get delayed!!

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Let's hope first that Kairos is included in their production lineup. ;) 

I think it's EXTREMELY unlikely that they DON'T make it. After all, they made the -30 which is a videogame exclusive and the Kairos has only a few minor differences from the other 31 models. Might be a web-exclusive or something but I'd be willing to bet that it gets made eventually

23 minutes ago, Raptor One said:

I think it's EXTREMELY unlikely that they DON'T make it. After all, they made the -30 which is a videogame exclusive and the Kairos has only a few minor differences from the other 31 models. Might be a web-exclusive or something but I'd be willing to bet that it gets made eventually

Let's hope it actually is a web-exclusive. I hate the whole late-night pre-order racefrenzyganza.

44 minutes ago, Moosey said:

Noel with the winning post, unfortunately for me, my phone will be off around that time. Gotta get delayed!!

Just helping out sir. ;)

39 minutes ago, Raptor One said:

12 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Let's hope it actually is a web-exclusive. I hate the whole late-night pre-order racefrenzyganza.

Like I said earlier, let's just hope it's part of their production lineup. And it's nice if it's going to be a web-exclusive. ;)

I'm really hoping that if Bandai release a DX 1/60 VF-31A Kairos, it will feature the missile pod from the recent issue of Model Graphix magazine. I sure hope that pod is official, love the design.

Also, hope Bandai changes out the Multi-drones in the leg bays for micro missiles as well. 

IMG_2073.JPG.eded8d7cda5b0a1a9dfb9913b90e9c37.JPG

I like the head unit. There's a lot of overall similarity between the 25A head and the 31A head.

g1eFIl6.jpg

I'm guessing that Model Graphix model is not official and is a kit bash or some parts were scratch built as it is somewhat off. It shouldn't have that fold crystal housing, but a wider empty space. Still pretty good and hoping the missiles are official also.

o4G0kyf.jpg

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I'm really hoping that if Bandai release a DX 1/60 VF-31A Kairos, it will feature the missile pod from the recent issue of Model Graphix magazine. I sure hope that pod is official, love the design.

Also, hope Bandai changes out the Multi-drones in the leg bays for micro missiles as well. 

Oh wow! Now THAT is nice! I seem to remember the 31As in the show having the exact same container design as the Seigfreids, but I always figured that was just due to budgetary reasons. Nice to know that they actually have a different loadout (as they logically should), assuming that's official of course. 

Speaking of reasons for them to release it: There's an opportunity for mold-milking, since you have the standard version and

Arad's version with the dragon insignia on the back.

I'm a perfectionist so I just edited my video review to drop the discussion on the knife stowing in fighter mode and added "Multi-drones" when discussing the "holographic thing-a-ma-bobbers". I also updated the text review to replace "fold quartz" with sensors and updated the conversation about the knife. I still can't get mine to sit perfectly seamlessly with the knife stowed but it's so close I don't think anyone but me (knowing to stare at it extremely closely) would notice the slight elevation increase at one seam.

Sorry to everyone who left comments on the first Youtube video... it's gone now :( Feel free to leave a comment on the new video! :) Thanks a ton for those of you that pointed out the issues... I'd hate to leave bad info out there.

20 minutes ago, jenius said:

I'm a perfectionist so I just edited my video review to drop the discussion on the knife stowing in fighter mode and added "Multi-drones" when discussing the "holographic thing-a-ma-bobbers". I also updated the text review to replace "fold quartz" with sensors and updated the conversation about the knife. I still can't get mine to sit perfectly seamlessly with the knife stowed but it's so close I don't think anyone but me (knowing to stare at it extremely closely) would notice the slight elevation increase at one seam.

Sorry to everyone who left comments on the first Youtube video... it's gone now :( Feel free to leave a comment on the new video! :) Thanks a ton for those of you that pointed out the issues... I'd hate to leave bad info out there.

ahhh thats the reason i got the notification of the video couple minutes ago. 

My comment is gone :(

1 hour ago, Raptor One said:

Oh wow! Now THAT is nice! I seem to remember the 31As in the show having the exact same container design as the Seigfreids, but I always figured that was just due to budgetary reasons. Nice to know that they actually have a different loadout (as they logically should), assuming that's official of course. 

Speaking of reasons for them to release it: There's an opportunity for mold-milking, since you have the standard version and

Hide contents

Arad's version with the dragon insignia on the back.

And also they could milk the VF-31A mold further by releasing this:

post-15116-0-18028300-1480122134.jpg

3 hours ago, Graham said:

oh yes! oh god yes!! that head unit! that color scheme! that missile pod! sooo much yes! 

2 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I like the head unit. There's a lot of overall similarity between the 25A head and the 31A head.

g1eFIl6.jpg

I'm guessing that Model Graphix model is not official and is a kit bash or some parts were scratch built as it is somewhat off. It shouldn't have that fold crystal housing, but a wider empty space. Still pretty good and hoping the missiles are official also.

o4G0kyf.jpg

even more yes!!! 

36 minutes ago, Graham said:

And also they could milk the VF-31A mold further by releasing this:

post-15116-0-18028300-1480122134.jpg

oh man those Delta wings! yes yes YES!!! 

I don't think I'll be able to hold back at just three VF-31A! might have to double that order!!

7 hours ago, Eslim109 said:

Thanks Noel for the detailed time schedule! 

You're welcome sir! Glad to be of help. ;) 

4 hours ago, Graham said:

*snip*

I'm already in for Kairos. :) 

3 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

*snip*

*snip*

Yes! Yes! Yes! I want one too. :lol: 

41 minutes ago, spanner said:

oh yes! oh god yes!! that head unit! that color scheme! that missile pod! sooo much yes! 

even more yes!!! 

oh man those Delta wings! yes yes YES!!! 

I don't think I'll be able to hold back at just three VF-31A! might have to double that order!!

So 6 VF-31A? Right, Spanner? ;) 

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Just ordered the Model graphix mag too just as am shipping from PW. :p

Slobber's on the 31A with missile, though i cant imagine how those missiles would fit  and still have the front of the pod pull out.
Nevertheless here's for hoping!

When you get the magazine, could you scan and post any other pics of that VF-31A conversion please.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

So 6 VF-31A? Right, Spanner? ;) 

six is a lot of the one Valkyrie I know but I am still buzzing from excitement from seeing the 31A so yes six is a definitely possibility indeed! :D

but we'll see what happens later after I've cooled down a bit.. having three may suffice but then again I might even need nine!! three in each mode! :o :p :lol:

but that's just a bit crazy! :wacko: :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Graham said:

Pretty cool looking but to me it makes zero sense having that extension bit in the front.  The entire length of the box should be missiles.

I intend to only get 1 other vf-31 other than the current hayate immelman j model, not sure if I should try for the messer f pre-order tomorrow or wait for mirage's c (may be somewhat less popular than f) or arad's s model (potentially even easier to get, and I do like the quad head lasers)....decisions

I really hope that isn't how the A model pod looks. What they do with the pod and the leg bays is pretty much gonna dictate if I have any interest in the -31A since I don't care for the delta wings or the plain grey color scheme.

5 minutes ago, Mac said:

Is there a specific link for pre-orders on amiami, hlj, and NY?  or do I just type in macross delta in search?

Not yet.  Amiami's link for preorder usually gets listed before those other 2.